***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

3 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

talked to a guy whos from Mars Hills, he thinks the season is coming to the end real fast, unless it cools off at night.  there is tons of water runoffs going on.  hard to believe just a few days ago there was literally 5 feet of snow up there , love that trail that runs thru mars hill, caribou , PI, etc alot of straight turns on that trail.  ITS 81 and then 105 for the win :)

I rode home from Caribou to Jackman on Monday and it was epic all the way . 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ckf said:

:gm2:  Back to winter on this fine Sunday morning. Currently 18°F with a slight breeze out there giving us a windchill of 9°F :bigfinger: @f7ben     

Morning :news: 

Suppose to hit 39 degrees today, and be in the 40's most of the week. 

15 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Morning :news: 

Suppose to hit 39 degrees today, and be in the 40's most of the week. 

It looks like Wednesday and Thursday for us before it cools back down.

image.png

I forgot today was St Patrick's day.  Happy St. Patrick's day!!!!   Only 2 more hours until the bars open up in Boston to get the party started :bc:<<< coffee for me, Guinness for my Irish friends.

29 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

24 here, sunny and springlike

That March sun is getting stronger everyday. The sun is just as strong now as it is in late September.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Make fun of white people that think they are Irish.

:lol:

Is there a big Irish population in Chicago?  Beantown is loaded with Irish. Hell, half of Boston must be well on their way by now, the bars and pubs opened over an hour ago :lol:

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is there a big Irish population in Chicago?  Beantown is loaded with Irish. Hell, half of Boston must be well on their way by now, the bars and pubs opened over an hour ago :lol:

Yes, parades that millions turn out for. It turns into a real shit show.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yes, parades that millions turn out for. It turns into a real shit show.

We are doing the Corned Beef & Cabbage thing for dinner. That's about as Irish as we get.  I assume you'll be having Tacos?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

That video was cool. I had no idea that was how they dyed the river. I would have thought they just added the dye upstream and let it drift down.

The union I’m in as well as the plumbers union dye it. It’s a green powder that’s used to trace out underground sewers and pipes. Lots of parades and the bars along the parade route are packed. A coworker has a house along the south side parade. They bring in port a potties and a beer trailer. The little downtown area of the town I live in was packed. There was a line to get into most of the bars. Throw in the big 10 games and it’s a shit show. We decided to order take out. It’s worse than going out on New Years Eve.https://wgntv.com/2019/03/17/from-south-side-to-the-north-side-chicago-celebrates-st-patricks-day/

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

We are doing the Corned Beef & Cabbage thing for dinner. That's about as Irish as we get.  I assume you'll be having Tacos?

We had Italian Beef samiches last night. Haven’t given much thought for tonight. Thanks for the taco idea.:lol:

• Haha 1

A lot of the building trade unions fly the Irish flag next to the US flag, in front of the union hall. Of course the Irish flag is a bit lower.https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/generation-emigration/who-built-chicago-film-explores-city-s-irish-roots-1.2440894. The Irish are being replaced by Mexicans now. It’s not a razzzist thing, it’s just the way it is.

• Like 1

Cool stuff Mr Tick :bc:

@jammin   :bigfinger:     

:hiding:  

:hdchr:

• Haha 2

Just now, ckf said:

One of the local clubs is having a cookout today for St Pattys day. You had to follow the green trail to find where the cookout was.

53860972_2475970759103462_57409402260087

Cool...an arctic cat was finally useful for something.

• Haha 3