***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

2 hours ago, ckf said:

No, I went for the Phantom 4 Advanced +.  It's almost the same with a larger camera sensor. The + is the version that comes with the monitor attached to the remote. One of the problems with using your phone or tablet is that they aren't bright enough when in direct sun. The one attached to the remote has twice the brightness as most phones or tablets. https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-adv

BTW, @NaturallyAspirated the new drone will be able to shoot 4K at 60 fps, and 1080 at 120 fps.

Is the 4.3 mile signal range for the camera the same as the controller? :dunno: That's quite a bit further than the last one no?

I have never really looked into drones but have been thinking about getting one to have my guys try it for rooftop inspections. Ran into a bud over the weekend that's started using them in his business and he convinced me to give it a go. Can you recommend something decent but less expensive than what you are running? I need it to be able to take clear still shots so stability is important and so is the ability to either avoid obstacles or take a hit. :lol: Is that possible in the $500 range? :bc:

49 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Is the 4.3 mile signal range for the camera the same as the controller? :dunno: That's quite a bit further than the last one no?

I have never really looked into drones but have been thinking about getting one to have my guys try it for rooftop inspections. Ran into a bud over the weekend that's started using them in his business and he convinced me to give it a go. Can you recommend something decent but less expensive than what you are running? I need it to be able to take clear still shots so stability is important and so is the ability to either avoid obstacles or take a hit. :lol: Is that possible in the $500 range? :bc:

The range is for the camera and the controller. In order to achieve those distances you would need a clear line of sight from a large open area. My last one had a range of about 3 miles.

Yes, drones have become very popular for roof inspection. In the $500 range the DJI Phantom 3 Standard is hard to beat. It takes excellent photos and video. It just isn't going to have the range that the more expensive Phantoms have. That shouldn't be a problem for what you are looking to do with it. http://amzn.to/2xnTN95

1 minute ago, jammin said:

Winter was called off just like last winter.  Winter is over-rated just like you for NOT ANSWERING my call earlier   :bigfinger: 

Dang dude .....I'm outside working on the deck and cooking .....now a good time to call back?

Edit: Hey Jasmine.....I got no missed calls from you........DICK

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dang dude .....I'm outside working on the deck and cooking .....now a good time to call back?

Edit: Hey Jasmine.....I got no missed calls from you........DICK

BULLSHIT!    11:35 CDT   :bigfinger: 

Edited by jammin

5 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Look at the bright side at least  that way you can own it half a day before wrecking it.

:lol::lmao:

I just hope we get to see the Carnage this time :lol:

:snack:

2 hours ago, jammin said:

It's national go fuck ur self ben day or national string cheese day.   Take a pick.   :bc:

GFYB day FTW! :bc:

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

That's what I was thinking. 

Heading to the Shire tonight and looking forward to the grandkids spending the weekend with us.

Very nice!  Damn, we got 4 daughters between Jenny and I, ages 24-29, no grandkids yet! :lol:  Enjoy....supposed to be a nice weekend :bc: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Very nice!  Damn, we got 4 daughters between Jenny and I, ages 24-29, no grandkids yet! :lol:  Enjoy....supposed to be a nice weekend :bc: 

Well we've got 12 so far and I expect some more in the future. Yeah it's supposed to nice but what sucks is that I won't have the boat to use. I had it taken out 2 weeks ago because the lake is being lowered.>:(