***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

It's already off. They may have different versions? The one I applied was just a clear olive oil consistency type in a metal can. It seemed to have washed itself off after a season or two. I like the natural wood look, not painted. The current condition of the cedar appears to be dry, and unfinished again, like new but obvious fading from UV.

try linseed oil

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

try linseed oil

That's an awesome idea, thanks! I like how it's natural too, won't hurt the puppies chickens ducks geese turkeys etc.

Do you know if it can be sprayed (like out of a garden pump sprayer)? Or is it a paint/roll on application?

9 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

On a lighter note: forget cats and dogs, it's raining lions and wolves over here. Lots of awesome thunder lightning and hurricane style precipitation. Anyone else? @steve from amherst @Angry ginger @Polaris 550  @Mainecat anyone else that I forgot in the 603?

Nothing over here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's why you are usually one of the 1st guys to post here in the morning :bc: 

correct :bc: 

I read the bs during break time :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, dz246 said:

correct :bc: 

I read the bs during break time :lol: 

You must have long breaks if you read all of the bs that goes on in FSCE :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, ckf said:

You must have long breaks if you read all of the bs that goes on in FSCE :lol:

Meh, he just scrolls by my posts.  :lol:

Heres a fun fact.  My wife asked me which is healthier for this weekend: fries or tater chips? Well, I figured neither (and I was correct) but after a quick googly, sweet fuck!  Tater chips are MUCH WORSE.  I was surprised.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Meh, he just scrolls by my posts.  :lol:

Heres a fun fact.  My wife asked me which is healthier for this weekend: fries or tater chips? Well, I figured neither (and I was correct) but after a quick googly, sweet fuck!  Tater chips are MUCH WORSE.  I was surprised.

I'm not sure what we are going to grill / BBQ this weekend.  We usually just do burgers and dogs on Memorial Weekend BBQ :dunno:

Just now, ckf said:

I'm not sure what we are going to grill / BBQ this weekend.  We usually just do burgers and dogs on Memorial Weekend BBQ :dunno:

I’m packed heavyset. Burgers, dogs, brats and wings.  Not sure what if not all were doing yet though.  I’m trying to stay at home this weekend and start on yard work while I man the grill/fryer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’m packed heavyset. Burgers, dogs, brats and wings.  Not sure what if not all were doing yet though.  I’m trying to stay at home this weekend and start on yard work while I man the grill/fryer.

That's a good idea, BRATS!!!!!!   Thanks :bc:

3 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Thinking it might be a good weekend for ribs.... :bc: 

We were just talking about ribs a few weeks ago.  Been a while since I’ve done some up good and proper!  We’re gonna work then back into the rotation this summer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Mom out for the first swim with her brood. Looks like ten this year.  Little fluffy ping-pong balls!

45149F00-3AB2-46E6-AFD9-0DAF2FBC81F8.jpeg

I like feeding the birds and the critters at the cottage. This spring we had a plethora of different feathered friends. This pic was a first for me, it’s rare to see an Indigo Bunting but I was lucky and able to catch 2 in one pic.

DD07108E-AE26-47A7-9CAB-3A27923E0BDB.thumb.jpeg.3be38aeeaf2e751cad96f9d669f31d01.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love Mallards....as a kid at the lake we always kept the stale bread to feed them.

Shit, these fuckers get their own, fresh multi-grain bread.  My wife says, “it’s more nutritious for them.”  :lmao:

I just keep them all filled up with cracked corn.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i'd sooner shoot a duck than feed the fucking things.  ducks are gross.  

Simmer down, duck dynasty.

:lol2:

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

That's an awesome idea, thanks! I like how it's natural too, won't hurt the puppies chickens ducks geese turkeys etc.

Do you know if it can be sprayed (like out of a garden pump sprayer)? Or is it a paint/roll on application?

I believe you can spray it, may kill the sprayer thou