***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

9 hours ago, ckf said:

Any of you NH guys hear anything more about the suspicious death in Madison? I've read bits and pieces on FB this AM. Fro what I've read the house was in Jon Elliotts name, but haven't heard who died. I went to school with Jon and was best friends with his cousin growing up. @steve from amherst  @Whiskey Tango Foxtrot @Angry ginger @Sal Rosenberg @Mainecat 

New Hampshire Attorney General Gordon J. MacDonald, New Hampshire State Police Colonel Christopher Wagner, and Madison Police Chief Ted Colby announce further information about the death of an individual in Madison, New Hampshire, last evening, and an arrest.
At approximately 6:40 p.m., officers responded to a 911 call at 15 Burgdorf Drive in Madison, New Hampshire. Upon arrival, officers discovered a deceased adult female identified as Melissa Hatch, age 42, of Madison. A juvenile has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder for killing Ms. Hatch.
Since the alleged perpetrator is a juvenile, the law precludes any further information from being released.
An autopsy is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, February 17, 2019.
Anyone who has information should contact Sergeant Marc Beaudoin of the New Hampshire State Police at 603-223-8678.

Morning peckerheads-

27 / 9 and cloudy.  3-5" today and 1-2" additional along the lake.  Cat sitting for YS's 2 cats for 2.5 weeks starting today.  Should be interesting with our cat and hope any fights / blood is minimal   :lol:    YS  rented 4 wheelers in Thailand and said it was a blast.  He just got back from a guided fishing trip and is burnt as hell   :lol:    He caught some nice fish and had a kickass time.   Think he's going to fly to Cambodia next weekend with his wife to check it out for a couple days. 

• Like 2

Just now, dz246 said:

Morning :news:

12 degrees and light snow falling 

Have you guys gotten a lot of snow lately? I thought I saw something on the Weather Channel that parts of Iowa were getting hammered.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, ckf said:

New Hampshire Attorney General Gordon J. MacDonald, New Hampshire State Police Colonel Christopher Wagner, and Madison Police Chief Ted Colby announce further information about the death of an individual in Madison, New Hampshire, last evening, and an arrest.
At approximately 6:40 p.m., officers responded to a 911 call at 15 Burgdorf Drive in Madison, New Hampshire. Upon arrival, officers discovered a deceased adult female identified as Melissa Hatch, age 42, of Madison. A juvenile has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder for killing Ms. Hatch.
Since the alleged perpetrator is a juvenile, the law precludes any further information from being released.
An autopsy is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, February 17, 2019.
Anyone who has information should contact Sergeant Marc Beaudoin of the New Hampshire State Police at 603-223-8678.

That's fucked up

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Have you guys gotten a lot of snow lately? I thought I saw something on the Weather Channel that parts of Iowa were getting hammered.

Im in the northwest part of the state. Has been pretty mild winter up until the last few weeks. Central and Eastern Iowa have gotten some decent storms. I wouldnt say hammered though.

• Thanks 1

4 degrees here and no new snow which is fine after this past week....yesterday was sunny and in the 20's. Took Sadie with me to water my buddy's horses....

IMG_4548.thumb.JPG.1b7c6dee6bf49e0a7e2f4743eb58f20e.JPGIMG_4549.thumb.JPG.3450954275181e7c3651ac810abaf37e.JPG

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

24 and overcast. 1/8 in of snow. 25 minutes south got 3 in

I forgot to mention to you that my neighbor said the trails were fantastic on Saturday. The didn't make it to Walden or Danville, but Glover, Irasburg and Craftsbury were all fantastic. 120 miles and only rode about 5 miles of rough trail. Most of that was coming back in to IP on Saturday afternoon.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I forgot to mention to you that my neighbor said the trails were fantastic on Saturday. The didn't make it to Walden or Danville, but Glover, Irasburg and Craftsbury were all fantastic. 120 miles and only rode about 5 miles of rough trail. Most of that was coming back in to IP on Saturday afternoon.

cool, thanx

• Like 1

Just got home from a weekend in Lewistown, PA. Drank a ton of beer, bought a shitty BB gun, and roasted some pork on a piece of rebar by the fireplace. Also did some shooting with a buddies 22 And now I want a gun.

F352D976-616D-44E8-8CAB-82D153ABEA48.jpeg

11CABA3B-AA76-4467-8F36-A879B0AF3676.jpeg

9A7BD329-9634-4557-AD4B-15152EFA5BC7.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

cool, thanx

There were more sleds in town than a normal Monday, but it wasn't crazy busy like the pics I saw on FB of Young's in Pittsburg today.

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Just got home from a weekend in Lewistown, PA. Drank a ton of beer, bought a shitty BB gun, and roasted some pork on a piece of rebar by the fireplace. Also did some shooting with a buddies 22 And now I want a gun.

F352D976-616D-44E8-8CAB-82D153ABEA48.jpeg

11CABA3B-AA76-4467-8F36-A879B0AF3676.jpeg

9A7BD329-9634-4557-AD4B-15152EFA5BC7.jpeg

I saw the pic on IG of you shooting the 22. Looks like a great time :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

There were more sleds in town than a normal Monday, but it wasn't crazy busy like the pics I saw on FB of Young's in Pittsburg today.

I saw the pic on IG of you shooting the 22. Looks like a great time :bc:

That was actually my buddy, the videos of me are on other people's phones so I don't have them yet.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 7:34 PM, DAVE said:

Frank sure was out there.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:37 PM, ckf said:

He nailed that one, lol.

Zappa was a musical genius and an extremely intelligent person as well. His IQ was rated at 172. I don't care for a lot of his music but I did see him in concert many years ago and to say I was blown away is an understatement. I mainly went because 2 buddies asked me to go but after being there for the first 2 songs, I was real glad I did as I had never heard such a tight band in my life. He demanded nothing but perfection from his musicians and any sort of drugs or alcohol involvement quickly got you booted from the band. Zappa was in constant demand to compose orchestras and all kinds of other music. He left this earth way too soon, sadly. 

Frank Zappa was a music genius whose IQ is said to be172...I heard this story a while back so some of the details are lost but here's the basic gist. During one of the rehearsals ofZappa's orchestral music..the conductor comes up to Zappa and says.."look, you have to change this because my players can't keep up".....it was of course a very difficult part in the piece...and Zappa looks and him and smirks and says.."HA, my rock band can do it!"Classical musicians who regularly playBeethoven(IQ 165), Mozart(IQ 165), andBach(IQ 165).....had difficulty with Zappa's music...Not only did he write rock music, but he also composed jazz, classical, blues, disco (of course when he was making fun of it), r&b, soul, funk, punk, country, reggae, avant garde, swing, big band, bluegrass, doo wop, fusion, .....the man dabbled in every musical genre there was, and what is so amazing, is that his compositional skill was so advanced beyond anyone around that time in his genre, that he was able to be completely proficient in all those different styles. That comes from having a great musical ear...and Zappa's ear was impeccable. The man composed large scale, complex, sophisticated works for full orchestra.....you have to have a great ear  and high IQ to do that.

• Thanks 1