***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

cool, 34 here

I was just looking at the NWS forecast discussion and it's looking like we should have another 6-12 on the ground by midweek.

It's pretty dismal here in southern Ont. and hopefully the weather machine starts up soon. There's snow 45min north of us in a private area with 300+kms  that we might trailer to get the day in before we go to Que in a couple weeks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It's pretty dismal here in southern Ont. and hopefully the weather machine starts up soon. There's snow 45min north of us in a private area with 300+kms  that we might trailer to get the day in before we go to Que in a couple weeks. 

Haliburton Forest?

Just now, smokin george said:

Yes. They've been grooming and seem to be getting the snow. It's better than sitting here waiting to sled from home and looking out the window

What they charge these days?

45f here this morning.  Rained all night.  Partly cloudy now.  We will be pulling out about noon to head toward Havasu.  Dang motorhome is gonna get dirty today on the wet road.  Gonna need a bath in Havasu.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

What they charge these days?

If you rent a cabin $99/person which includes the trail pass or $49 for the day. We've taken newbies up there and with the warmup cabins it gives them a chance to get warm if they don't have the right gear. With a daily limit of 100 passes, lessees and people staying in the cabins it isn't overrun and sometimes you wont see a sled for some time. Its 100K acre private playground

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

If you rent a cabin $99/person which includes the trail pass or $49 for the day. We've taken newbies up there and with the warmup cabins it gives them a chance to get warm if they don't have the right gear. With a daily limit of 100 passes, lessees and people staying in the cabins it isn't overrun and sometimes you wont see a sled for some time. Its 100K acre private playground

Ive only been there once.

:bc:

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Ive only been there once.

:bc:

We had a site in there for 20yrs. We sold it after moving up here. It was great sitting there watching TV or outside by the fire and the groomer going by and knowing we could go for a night run on fresh trails

• Like 2

Just now, ckf said:

Didn't you just post a pic of one in a parking lot recently? Upgrading?

Ya...i got a steal on it...only reason I bought it...if i can get the same for it here that i paid in cdn id be up a cpl grand.

The ones im looking at are on a whole different level.

• Like 1