***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

16 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Another scorcher today. Packing up to head north a little hungover, off for 9 days. Drinking and a bit of fishing and lots of relaxing. 

There isn't a breeze in sight here. It's been pretty stuffy outside and we might head over for a swim at my buddies place. Enjoy your time off

29 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There isn't a breeze in sight here. It's been pretty stuffy outside and we might head over for a swim at my buddies place. Enjoy your time off

Yeah it's crazy. Next week looks much more comfortable. Be nice for sleeping in the cabin, don't think I would have wanted to be there this past week. :bc:

34 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Yeah it's crazy. Next week looks much more comfortable. Be nice for sleeping in the cabin, don't think I would have wanted to be there this past week. :bc:

Crazy yesterday not one bit of a breeze.  The water now is like soup.  Enjoy your 9 days off bitch! :bc: 

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

Crazy yesterday not one bit of a breeze.  The water now is like soup.  Enjoy your 9 days off bitch! :bc: 

I had to move from the front porch to the rear deck. There's a bit of a breeze back there and outta the sun. Wife said it's too hot to do anything and there's plenty cold beer in the fridge. I like her thinking

20190720_101822.jpg

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, smokin george said:

I had to move from the front porch to the rear deck. There's a bit of a breeze back there and outta the sun. Wife said it's too hot to do anything and there's plenty cold beer in the fridge. I like her thinking

20190720_101822.jpg

I was sitting outside in the shade in and had sweat beading up on my arms and forehead. Fuck all this humidity!

36 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I was sitting outside in the shade in and had sweat beading up on my arms and forehead. Fuck all this humidity!

We only have a portable floor model ac unit in the bdrm. It's nice and cool in there and the main room at the moment is not too bad. We went out for dinner instead if cooking here and heating up the main room

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Been raining hard with a lot of thunder here...south of us got it a lot worse.

Its coming this way. Supposed to hit around 9pm.

Humidity sucks.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
53 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Its coming this way. Supposed to hit around 9pm.

Humidity sucks.

I hear ya....rain cooled things off but it’s still pretty swampy.

We’ve had a fairly warm run these last two weeks.  In the 80’s for the most part.  Sucky shit.  Back to normal today in the mid 70’s.  Anything above 80 can suck it.

SUMMER SUCKS!!!!  ......and Ben is a faggot!!!!!!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! It's starting off on the right path with 68 deg and seems like the humidity has backed off. 

Yep perfect.

Decided to drive up late yesterday afternoon, was humid last night but cooled down for a nice sleep with the windows open. Need to get the grass cut and then out for some evening bass fishing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

was 87 in the house last night at 9 30, and 84 outside.  Right now its 84 inside, and 80 outside.:ashamed:

I hate that shit. We've got the AC going and it is 72 inside and 77 out. The humidity outside is currently 83% and it is 55% inside.  Yesterday morning the temps were the same but the humidity was like 92% outside and  50 something inside. It felt 10 degrees cooler when you walked inside.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I hate that shit. We've got the AC going and it is 72 inside and 77 out. The humidity outside is currently 83% and it is 55% inside.  Yesterday morning the temps were the same but the humidity was like 92% outside and  50 something inside. It felt 10 degrees cooler when you walked inside.

Keeping it under 50% in your house is the target number.:bc:

• Like 1

Only a high of 80 today. I think it got up to 97 yesterday. Air Conditioning is designed to 85deg in the Chicago area. We had 18 guys running service calls yesterday. Typically we only have a few running calls on Saturday.  It will take a few weeks to digest all of the work from a few days in the 90’s.

• Like 1

Hey @ckf. I know you are in a area that doesn’t require ac very much. When you see hot temps and high humidity coming. Get the windows closed and the ac on a day or two before. The biggest thing with comfort cooling is controlling humidity. If you can keep the humidity down less than 50% , most people can  be comfortable at 74deg.  The biggest mistake homeowners do is close the windows and turn on the ac when the heat and humidity are already there. You will use less energy maintaining humidity and temperature than you will recovering. 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member

My niece Ellie got pissed off at my niece Alex. So Alex decides she wants Oreos and Ellie goes to get them for her. But Ellie is still pissed off so she carves out the double stuff and replaces it with horseradish then gives them to Alex!  :lol:

• Haha 2