***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Europe.  Fly in to Budapest.  Take a 14 day river cruise down the Danube and Rhine rivers.  End up in Amsterdam.  Taking the Viking Grand European cruise.  After a few days in Amsterdam we will take a night train to Zurich.  A few days in Zurich then train to Rome.  A few days in Rome then an 8 day wine country Italy tour through Tuscany, Florence, Venice, Milan, etc.  

We get back home around Nov 5th.  

Oh man thats awesome! Enjoy. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Europe.  Fly in to Budapest.  Take a 14 day river cruise down the Danube and Rhine rivers.  End up in Amsterdam.  Taking the Viking Grand European cruise.  After a few days in Amsterdam we will take a night train to Zurich.  A few days in Zurich then train to Rome.  A few days in Rome then an 8 day wine country Italy tour through Tuscany, Florence, Venice, Milan, etc.  

Damn Tom...I know I said it before but you are doing retirement right! :thumb:

Enjoy your trip.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

You sumbitches. That sounds like a great trip. Have a great time.:bc:

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Damn Tom...I know I said it before but you are doing retirement right! :thumb:

Enjoy your trip.

We started planning this trip last fall when we were in the motorhome chasing the colors through New England.  First 2 weeks of October are the most popular with Octoberfest and all the fall colors in Europe.  This is our 7th trip in the last year.  Might as well see the world while we are still fairly young.  

I am back to work by the way.  I work a 2 week on schedule followed by 4 weeks off.  Most of the time my 2 weeks on are just 10-12 days.  Those nasty oil companies made me a deal I couldn't refuse. :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

You sumbitches. That sounds like a great trip. Have a great time.:bc:

Haha.  Yea we are looking forward to it.  I would post all about it on Facebook but then every thief in Wasilla would be trying to breach my security system. :lmao: 

Haha.  Yea we are looking forward to it.  I would post all about it on Facebook but then every thief in Wasilla would be trying to breach my security system. :lmao: 

True...i never post anything on the book anymore. :bc:

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Damn Tom, you're doing it up right.  Enjoy.  Speaking of travel I have to chuckle at a guy I work with at Jones, who's a top producer and wins almost all the 2x./year trips you can win.  He got back from Bora Bora last year, and Ireland a few months ago.  He is supposed to leave for Bali tomorrow, and the whole islands being evacuated because the volcano has been rumbling for the first time in 65 years. :lol:  

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We started planning this trip last fall when we were in the motorhome chasing the colors through New England.  First 2 weeks of October are the most popular with Octoberfest and all the fall colors in Europe.  This is our 7th trip in the last year.  Might as well see the world while we are still fairly young.  

I am back to work by the way.  I work a 2 week on schedule followed by 4 weeks off.  Most of the time my 2 weeks on are just 10-12 days.  Those nasty oil companies made me a deal I couldn't refuse. :lol:  

Haha...take the money and run my man! :lol:

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I was thinking of grabbing a flight to AK myself.:lol2:

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn Tom, you're doing it up right.  Enjoy.  Speaking of travel I have to chuckle at a guy I work with at Jones, who's a top producer and wins almost all the 2x./year trips you can win.  He got back from Bora Bora last year, and Ireland a few months ago.  He is supposed to leave for Bali tomorrow, and the whole islands being evacuated because the volcano has been rumbling for the first time in 65 years. :lol:  

We decided to just bite the bullet and go see Switzerland and Italy while we were there.  We want to go see that part of the world before the Moozlims fuck it up even more.  We;ve been to the UK and France a couple of times.  A view of Eastern Europe will be fun.  

I really want to just get this over with and get back in the motorhome and spend time in our own country.  We have Jan, Feb and March all planned out.  

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Haha...take the money and run my man! :lol:

Yea.  With the mass exodus of retirees in the last 24 months BP has figured out that they may have let too much experience leave in too short of a timespan.  I was up there last week preparing for a big shutdown in July 2018 and one of the facility managers stepped into my office and asked me if I could write them a restart procedure for a small pipeline that was out of service.  3 hours later I handed him an 11 page restart procedure along with a process flow diagram and marked up process control drawings.  He thought it was going to take a week. :lol:  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

True...i never post anything on the book anymore. :bc:

It kind of sucks because family wants to see what you're doing but you hate to advertise to the world that you aren't home.  

We have a house sitter staying here and I have a fairly decent alarm system and HD Video monitoring system.  I'm not too worried but it's still not a good idea to announce to all the dirtbags that you aren't home.  

I installed smart thermometers last week.  I'm looking for a system to monitor my boiler and utility room next.  There are some nice commercial systems out there but a little too spendy for my needs.  

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It kind of sucks because family wants to see what you're doing but you hate to advertise to the world that you aren't home.  

We have a house sitter staying here and I have a fairly decent alarm system and HD Video monitoring system.  I'm not too worried but it's still not a good idea to announce to all the dirtbags that you aren't home.  

I installed smart thermometers last week.  I'm looking for a system to monitor my boiler and utility room next.  There are some nice commercial systems out there but a little too spendy for my needs.  

Honeywell Red Link is what I would suggest. 

Just now, Woodtick said:

I can get them at Wholesale as well as other systems.:bc:

I looked it over briefly and there are some cool features offered by Honeywell.  I am looking for something that I can attach to my boiler to monitor system pressure. Supply and return temperature to each zone, Moisture alarm, Low Temp alarms, System status, a flow switch, etc, etc.  I don't need a plc or anything I just want to be able to monitor a dozen or so different parameters on my heating system.  I monitor them all already with just analog gauges.  I would like to be able to see them when we are away from home.  

You would need to add a pressure transducer to the boiler and strap on temperature transducers to the Zones. Your alarm system may be able to pick up these points. I know my BIL has everything going through his alarm system.

56 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ive got the video system that sends alarms to my phone if movement is seen on camera...mostly cats walking through. :lol:

Ive also got a standby ng genny panel for the essentials when power goes out which it does here alot.

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ive got the video system that sends alarms to my phone if movement is seen on camera...mostly cats walking through. :lol:

Ive also got a standby ng genny panel for the essentials when power goes out which it does here alot.

Me too.  I bought the Arlo camera system.  Works pretty good.  All controlled by an ap on my phone or ipad. I put a couple of +110db sirens in strategic places so they do the most damage.   The sirens are wifi enabled and will sound off on motion or sound.  I can trigger the sirens with my iOS devices too.  I put up some very welcoming signs too.  My friends say they are a little intimidating.  I had them made locally.  They say.  Hi Definition Video Recording in Progress.  Every move you make is being recorded.    

20-25 years ago we used to lose power a couple timed during winter.  I spent big money and installed a 10KW autostart natural gas generator.  In the last 15 years it's started for cause maybe 3 times.  Otherwise I run it for an hour or so twice during the year.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Me too.  I bought the Arlo camera system.  Works pretty good.  All controlled by an ap on my phone or ipad. I put a couple of +110db sirens in strategic places so they do the most damage.   The sirens are wifi enabled and will sound off on motion or sound.  I can trigger the sirens with my iOS devices too.  I put up some very welcoming signs too.  My friends say they are a little intimidating.  I had them made locally.  They say.  Hi Definition Video Recording in Progress.  Every move you make is being recorded.    

20-25 years ago we used to lose power a couple timed during winter.  I spent big money and installed a 10KW autostart natural gas generator.  In the last 15 years it's started for cause maybe 3 times.  Otherwise I run it for an hour or so twice during the year.  

Nice! :bc: