***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

10 hours ago, ckf said:

There was another Southie movie with Ben Affleck called The Town that was pretty good.

Southie guys , those would be my  esteemed colleagues.                And ya, they think the rest of the world is wrong   🤣

Edited by old indy

47 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Brownington, Coventry , Newport , lunch at the cow palace in Derby , then back to IP . Rolled in at 4 , was -2 . 

How was the coverage in the fields?

37 minutes ago, old indy said:

Southie guys , those would be my  esteemed colleagues.                And ya, they think the rest of the world is wrong   🤣

Have you picked up their accent? I hate it when I watch a movie and the actors are trying to hard to use the accent. Affleck does a great job, but he grew up in the area.

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

Have you picked up their accent? I hate it when I watch a movie and the actors are trying to hard to use the accent. Affleck does a great job, but he grew up in the area.

No i can imitate it pretty well though.   a true southie accent is tough to fake,  aflack and Damon both grew up in the area.  Walburg grew up in Dorchester just a few miles away and he even sounds fake throwing out the southie speak.    ive got a former bank robber (did 18 years) and another guy who was found with a guy in his trunk,, for a week on my crew 🤣 

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, ckf said:

Newport was thin ( as always) everything else was smoking

• Like 1

1 minute ago, old indy said:

No i can imitate it pretty well though.   a true southie accent is tough to fake,  aflack and Damon both grew up in the area.  Walburg grew up in Dorchester just a few miles away and he even sounds fake throwing out the southie speak. 

It's amazing how different the accents are just a few miles down the road. Where I grew up the old times had the same accent as southern Maine. The Southern Maine accent is similar but not as strong as Downeast.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Newport was thin ( as always) everything else was smoking

There is a ton of snow between Twin Mt and Bartlett. Even Tamworth had more snow than we do.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

It's amazing how different the accents are just a few miles down the road. Where I grew up the old times had the same accent as southern Maine. The Southern Maine accent is similar but not as strong as Downeast.

ayugh Downeast is thiik.     my cousins in Tx swear the D.E. maine accent is a lot like Texans from central TX

Just now, old indy said:

ayugh Downeast is thiik.     my cousins in Tx swear the D.E. maine accent is a lot like Texans from central TX

I used to listen to a Burt & I rexcord as a kid and try to imitate them :lol:

• Haha 1

As soon as we got back to Stillwater road the traffic picked up, sleds EVERYWHERE in the Old Forge area. We were getting ready to pass a slow poke on an F8 when he failed to negotiate a sweeper and got stuck in the ditch. Pulled over and helped him get it back on the road because he definitely didn't know how to unstuck a sled himself. A couple minutes later we passed an abandoned, totalled F7, left ski bent completely underneath the sled. It's going to be a downright miracle if no one dies tonight.

Edited by Wildboer
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

10 degrees here. Good day for football.

17 degrees here and nothing much for snow and I agree about the football...daughter heads back to school this morning after being home for a month...going to miss her. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ckf said:

Have you been riding yet this season?

Nope not yet.  Hasn't been all that great yet (unless you head to the Keweenaw) .  Been reading all kinds of reports on FB the past couple days.  Trails are taking a worse beating than Tool Kit , MaineCunt , and Shitslinger do on here.  Running out of gas all over. Total shit show.   Next weekend will be even worse with the long holiday weekend. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS
  • Haha 1