***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

31 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

-20F this morning which is 8 degrees warmer than it was yesterday morning.

Today will be another commute with light traffic going into the city as I'm sure a bunch of cowards will stay home like they did yesterday, all my folks showed up yesterday and I thanked them for not being cowards :bc:

30 years ago the USPS would have attempted to deliver the mail. I get that it's cold, but nothing like the media is hyping it.

29 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I thought it would be colder then that there as it was -4 here when I got up.

That must be about as cold as it usually gets in your area? Maybe 10 below?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I got an alert on my phone last night about that.

Same here....just after 10:00. Looks like FCA is idling some of it's facilities also. If I come home from work today and find frozen pipes I'm gonna be pissed   lol 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

30 years ago the USPS would have attempted to deliver the mail. I get that it's cold, but nothing like the media is hyping it.

That must be about as cold as it usually gets in your area? Maybe 10 below?

Yeah Ive never seen lower then -10

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Same here....just after 10:00. Looks like FCA is idling some of it's facilities also. If I come home from work today and find frozen pipes I'm gonna be pissed   lol 

My gas utility is actually DTE....but I still received that alert although they were asking their electric customers to cut back as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

yes, and our snow fall...

We occasionally get a few leftover LES flakes here in the NEK. The mentioned this AM that we might see a few this afternoon. Just a dusting to an inch though, lol.

Just now, ckf said:

We occasionally get a few leftover LES flakes here in the NEK. The mentioned this AM that we might see a few this afternoon. Just a dusting to an inch though, lol.

tug hill is getting pounded, its crazy what is falling up there right now...

http://www.northernchateau.com/northernchateau.htm

check out the Barnes corners and Montague cams

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

tug hill is getting pounded, its crazy what is falling up there right now...

http://www.northernchateau.com/northernchateau.htm

check out the Barnes corners and Montague cams

How is the riding east of there? Is it doable to ride there from VT on trails that are not goatpaths?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

How is the riding east of there? Is it doable to ride there from VT on trails that are not goatpaths?

ive never ridden east of there, I travel for work out that way, I know the trails around saratoga and queensbury are good trails but i dont know the conditions

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

ive never ridden east of there, I travel for work out that way, I know the trails around saratoga and queensbury are good trails but i dont know the conditions

I may try and check that out. Whats the deal with reg. Last time I rode there it was " if the registry is open ya had to go there, if closed an agent can sell ya one. Still the same?

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

-20F this morning which is 8 degrees warmer than it was yesterday morning.

Today will be another commute with light traffic going into the city as I'm sure a bunch of cowards will stay home like they did yesterday, all my folks showed up yesterday and I thanked them for not being cowards :bc:

Wow, what an incredible display of bravery, walking from the parking lot to the office must have been similar to storming the beach at Normandy. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I may try and check that out. Whats the deal with reg. Last time I rode there it was " if the registry is open ya had to go there, if closed an agent can sell ya one. Still the same?

its a $100 thru the dmv, you can do it online unless its your first time registering in NYS..if thats the case you have to go to a dmv office.... But if you join a club for $30 its only $45 to register thru the dmv. You will need an NYSSA # too, thats free

here is a good club to join..

http://www.squarevalley.net/join-on-line.html

dmv info for out of state guys

https://transact2.dmv.ny.gov/SnowmobileOutofState/

-32 this morning.   Most of our records from this time of year are from 1907, 1951, 2009 and now.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

My neighbor just came over and finished cleaning up what I hadn't gotten to yet with his plow. That saved me from having to freeze my ass off out there in the wind. Even though we all know there's no such thing as windchill. Right @f7ben ?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

My neighbor just came over and finished cleaning up what I hadn't gotten to yet with his plow. That saved me from having to freeze my ass off out there in the wind. Even though we all know there's no such thing as windchill. Right @f7ben ?

I still havnt cleaned off the other trucks. Thinking bout heading out now

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Its a thing.....kind of like double lattes and man buns. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I still havnt cleaned off the other trucks. Thinking bout heading out now

I was headed out to snow blow when they pulled in. I still have my boots on because I should go clean off the car and move it so I can clean up the last of the snow. Did I mention that it's only 4 above and windy. My weather station says the current windchill  man bun out is -11.

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its a thing.....kind of like double lattes and man buns. 

:lol:

3 hours ago, ckf said:

I was headed out to snow blow when they pulled in. I still have my boots on because I should go clean off the car and move it so I can clean up the last of the snow. Did I mention that it's only 4 above and windy. My weather station says the current windchill  man bun out is -11.

:lol:

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on11#140918723353577462201901290503ww1171cwto

3:17 PM EST Thursday 31 January 2019
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:

• Newmarket - Georgina - Northern York Region
  • Pickering - Oshawa - Southern Durham Region
  • Uxbridge - Beaverton - Northern Durham Region
  • Vaughan - Richmond Hill - Markham

A prolonged period of very cold wind chills continues.

Bitterly cold arctic air combined with westerly winds will result in wind chill values between minus 35 and minus 30 tonight.

Conditions should improve Friday as winds ease and slightly milder air begins to move into the area.

Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter.

Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.

If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside.

• Like 1