***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

The forecast is calling for cold weather here until the next storm arrives. Then it's going to warm up and rain this weekend :(

We're having a mild warm up all week.  I'm seeing grass again.  It's just unreal.  Three years of a shitty start.  I'm hoping this one won't be as short as the others though.  

1 hour ago, ckf said:

About a foot. Inlaws said there is about 18" at there place at Newark Pond.

a foot on the ground already is great... if it sticks... and if it doesn't keep the ground insulated so it never freezes. we had a early winter like that in 2004. first year I had my firecat. bunch of trails were flooded out, brooks overflowing.... what a mess that year was. couldn't get to Al's because the trail was closed.....

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, revkev6 said:

a foot on the ground already is great... if it sticks... and if it doesn't keep the ground insulated so it never freezes. we had a early winter like that in 2004. first year I had my firecat. bunch of trails were flooded out, brooks overflowing.... what a mess that year was. couldn't get to Al's because the trail was closed.....

Even on a decent yr if theres a lot of sun trails around al's can be iffy.

Just now, revkev6 said:

yeah, that year there was 2-3 feet of water on top of the trails by the swamp...

I ride the area south of there a lot ( member of orleans snowstormers ) and the tops of hills turn to grass pretty quick.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I ride the area south of there a lot ( member of orleans snowstormers ) and the tops of hills turn to grass pretty quick.

yeah, that's where I ride out of. 16 runs right across the driveway for our cabin. just down the road from parker pie.

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

no. I rarely get up there in the summer. That's going to change.

me neither... cabin is my grandfathers place and he's in his 80's now. doesn't really want to deal with it anymore either so he's thinking about selling it. If he does I may just get out of riding. 3.5 hours is too far away for me to want to buy it from him. I have a boat I use in the summer so I don't get up there much. place is on a pond and real quiet but the amount I actually ride won't justify a new sled nevermind the cabin. 

19 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning faggot!    I'm here!  Need snow badly......   need a ride for a few days to unwind!   Mother nature...... PLEASE??   

Rideable snow here around MSP. Too bad I don’t have a sled and I’m here for work. :lol:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, revkev6 said:

me neither... cabin is my grandfathers place and he's in his 80's now. doesn't really want to deal with it anymore either so he's thinking about selling it. If he does I may just get out of riding. 3.5 hours is too far away for me to want to buy it from him. I have a boat I use in the summer so I don't get up there much. place is on a pond and real quiet but the amount I actually ride won't justify a new sled nevermind the cabin. 

Any idea how much land? 

18 hours ago, SSFB said:

Rideable snow here around MSP. Too bad I don’t have a sled and I’m here for work. :lol:

Seriously?  Open up the pocket book and snag a 3K sled dude!   How's the new gig going and the house?    :bc:

33 minutes ago, ckf said:

Morning- Currently -17.6F here in VT. It's not even Christmas ans I'm already tired of this below zero shit :lol:

1.jpg

Fuck dat!!

24* in the Cuse

• Like 1