Oh Dear Lord!

Anler

Just now, Zambroski said:

Do you race sleds by remote control?  Cuz my 800 may be faster than a 6, but the effort it takes to move it at speeds over a distance is MUCH more taxing.  Especially the idiotic way I've got it set up.  It's a wrestling match and I'm hardly a chicken-winged weakling.  I'll be on a 600 racer by the end of the season....and I'll be faster!

Equal sleds with a 600 in one and an 800 in the other .....the 800 is faster and handles the same. Anyone who argues that is a retard 

Just now, f7ben said:

The 600 will be slower than the 800 every time unless the trail is a 25 mph goat path.....you are a fucking old retard pants shitter

Please bitch.  You have no cred.  Zero.  Me?  Extensive resume.  I let my riding do the talking.  :snack: 543125_4645447971999_1879957164_n.thumb.jpg.46eff4854a52430e72dbaeb099a98dbf.jpg

:news: 5052_1106489860258_4678113_n.jpg.f51d325434df348efbdcaa5737653cea.jpg27100_1387412735350_227917_n.jpg.3af7664558435350aaf8a3c81b0cbb58.jpg4155_1142331248466_1062537_n.jpg.ace3a890a49ce2b66ca71af89d2ac15b.jpgwolf.thumb.jpg.f28285c9f012be6c57864ee0e5226f67.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I know a couple "washed up mxers" who are in their 60s now, who'd absolutely hand you your lunch if the bumps got deep. :news: 

And I know mickey mouse and a blue unicorn and they like to bring me bowls of lucky charms with beer !!!!!!!!!1111 [0pjdgpoivjfdwoivjwdfopijvpowidfj

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

BTW.... :lol:  True story, one of my best buds is an optometrist and is active in lobbying efforts for his profession.   Had lunch with this bitch, and wanted to choke her. 27100_1387412735350_227917_n.jpg.1774e923617448871bad3d412147f748.jpg6149.jpg.2bbe5923edaecbe2cda28063ea91b983.jpg

Fuck!  He couldn't find a place more private to do it?  That's a miss!

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

shhhhh..........nobody is talking about weight.

The 800's rev quicker also ....unless your argument is that the little bit of extra speed and torque where your pussly little arms down and you eventually go slower :lol: fucking idiot 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The 800's rev quicker also ....unless your argument is that the little bit of extra speed and torque where your pussly little arms down and you eventually go slower :lol: fucking idiot 

:lol:

Go fly......BOY!

You can't ride. :lmao: Stop flapping.

IMG_2322.GIF

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Yours is 250+ hp?

My Z1 Turbo is and my Sidewinder will be as well.

I'd say my Z1T is right around 250.   D&D claims a bit more but we all know how companies like that are.

I can tell you I ride with a lot of 800's and excellent riders and the trails have to get really, really tight and twisty before you notice a difference.    Reality is the 6 and 800's go much faster than even good riders can handle in most corners.   I've found the weight of my Z1T keeps the front planted hard in the corners and the straights well the fun factor is just off the charts.  

Cornering is more about sled setup than how "fast" it is.  Personally I don't like setting my sleds up to corner on rails.   I like a lot of front end lift.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Do you race sleds by remote control?  Cuz my 800 may be faster than a 6, but the effort it takes to move it at speeds over a distance is MUCH more taxing.  Especially the idiotic way I've got it set up.  It's a wrestling match and I'm hardly a chicken-winged weakling.  I'll be on a 600 racer by the end of the season....and I'll be faster!

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Ben.  Just shut the fuck up already.  You've already retarded up the forum enough with your political stupidity.  I've raced and ridden competitive dirtbikes and snowmobiles for well north of 40 years.....and the fact remains, on a tight trail,  you will wear yourself down trying to keep up with a good rider on a 600, on a tight, bumpy or twisty trail, i.e., any trail where the speed average is <60 mph.....you're toast.  And if you're not, it only tells us you ride with faggots.

Not this shit again.  

The weight difference between a 6 and 8 is insignificant compared to the power gained.  If this is the case then snocross racers would intentionally make their sleds slower so its not so "taxing."  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not this shit again.  

The weight difference between a 6 and 8 is insignificant compared to the power gained.  If this is the case then snocross racers would intentionally make their sleds slower so its not so "taxing."  

No..you are right.  It's not "this shit again".  Why does the weight/power ratio being brought up in this silliness?  There is no question that an 800 is faster than a 600 with no more weight.  

Ahhhh.....you funny, silly straight-liners! :lmao:You guys really can race by remote control. :lol:

13 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

No...but i know a heavy turbo sled is a bear to maneuver compared too any 2 stroke on a tight whooped trail regardless of the chassis.

It's more work for sure, I hustled my 2009 and 2012 turbo pigs through some real nasty shit on the bumper of the 800's, it's when I went back to an 800 late season 2014 that I said never again for a lead sled.

My 600 was a hoot but with a Northern Ontario to Chibougamau to Valins and back to the truck trip this winter running with 800's I would be burning fuel like it was free on a 600, so I'm back on an 800 :bc: 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not this shit again.  

The problem no one is talking about is its harder to control the power of a 160 or 200 hp sled compared to a 130 hp sled, so you can concentrate more on keeping it clamped and just holding on.  I've seen it 1000 times.  The 600 doesn't wear you down physically as fast as it would with the larger sled.  Only sled I ever felt like my upper body was getting a real workout to ride aggressively was my turbo, after 20 miles in tight rough terrain, a 600 rider is just getting warmed up in comparison.

• Like 2

It's actually pretty simple.

I assume we can all agree and start with this: 800cc > 600cc. The turbos add additional values but to be clear....I don't argue for anything but highly active riding on winding up and down twisty trails or "ditch banging".  I have ZERO interest in fast, straight line speeds or any trail that lends itself to that.

SO.......

More torque/power = More rider effort.  More rider effort = more rider fatigue.  More rIder fatigue = more muscle decline.  More muscle decline = less ability.  Less abiliity = Slower speeds.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm....kay?