Snow Tires

Thinksno

Had Michelin LTX ATs on my Ram, they were nothing special.  And they were definitely not ice traction tires (just old school, luggy, etc.). 

Was at Raceway today, the BFG TA KO2s look pretty damn good.  Spendy though. 

Toyos are high quality Odot.  I'd shop around though, that's a pretty common size for small trucks and SUVs, and there should be some agressive pricing.   And I wouldn't worry too much about the sensors, unless you really want them.  Your insurance company will give you a discount too, once you notify them.  

• Thanks 1

Ended up gong back to my dealer..  Getting the G3-ICE, rims and TPMS...  I agree you don't really need it..  BUT...   my wife runs winters on her Mazda C5 without them and the fking light drives me nuts!!!!!

Edit:   They waived summer tire storage fees and another 10% on next oil change.  Looked around at many sites and chatted with friends.  Seems odd but The dealer had some of the best prices all around...

Edited by odot1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FOUR NEW 305 / 55 R20 LT WELLINGTON BFGOODRICH KO2 REPLICA TIRES on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/mississauga-peel-region/four-new-305-55-r20-lt-wellington-bfgoodrich-ko2-replica-tires/c987754?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

never heard of this company , wonder how they last compared to real ones 

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

FOUR NEW 305 / 55 R20 LT WELLINGTON BFGOODRICH KO2 REPLICA TIRES on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/mississauga-peel-region/four-new-305-55-r20-lt-wellington-bfgoodrich-ko2-replica-tires/c987754?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

never heard of this company , wonder how they last compared to real ones 

Interesting

5 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Is the link working ,  went to check seems to go all ads Canada 

Worked for me.

I did a quick Google search and Wellington tires are nowhere to be found? I would assume these are Chinese knockoffs/counterfeits or something similar. Not a chance I'd be a guinea pig and purchase these despite the price. 

• Like 1

I was in there Friday afternoon looking for tires for my Ram.  He recomended BFG tires.  I asked if they were knock offs and he told me he had actual BFG's.  He told me be careful and to stay away from knock offs.  He mentioned the brand above to stay away as i told him i drive alot.

On the hunt for some snowies for our new 17 Impala. The tires on it look pretty "summery" and on the wide side so I doubt they will cut it for the winter. These are 19's and I will need rims (cheapo's prefered) so looking for options as far as the 19's go. I assume I can go 18's with a different profile that will be close/bang on to the 19's? Not wanting to screw up the speedo too much but I am not really worried about it a whole lot.

Suggestions on tire/rim combo's and places to purchase from.

Thanks. :bc:

WP_20171104_12_42_54_Pro.jpg

26 minutes ago, irv said:

On the hunt for some snowies for our new 17 Impala. The tires on it look pretty "summery" and on the wide side so I doubt they will cut it for the winter. These are 19's and I will need rims (cheapo's prefered) so looking for options as far as the 19's go. I assume I can go 18's with a different profile that will be close/bang on to the 19's? Not wanting to screw up the speedo too much but I am not really worried about it a whole lot.

Suggestions on tire/rim combo's and places to purchase from.

Thanks. :bc:

WP_20171104_12_42_54_Pro.jpg

sweet lookin ride

should have got the dealer to throw in a set of snows and wheels, Irv!

Just picked up a new Nissan Murano for my wife. Had to go to 3 different dealers to get snows, wheels and mats thrown in.

Still ended up paying less for the car than at the 2 other dealers, who didn't want to deal.

BTW - the snows that I did get with it are 18 inch Michellin  X-Ice, same ones I use on the Ram

13 hours ago, Bigfish said:

should have got the dealer to throw in a set of snows and wheels, Irv!

Just picked up a new Nissan Murano for my wife. Had to go to 3 different dealers to get snows, wheels and mats thrown in.

Still ended up paying less for the car than at the 2 other dealers, who didn't want to deal.

BTW - the snows that I did get with it are 18 inch Michellin  X-Ice, same ones I use on the Ram

Not a chance, I'm afraid, with a used vehicle, John, especially at a Ford dealer. I have been pricing/looking the last couple days and the Michelin Ice-X's are high on my priority list. Costco, for 18's, isn't too badly priced and that is who and what I'll likely go with unless I find a better deal somewhere else? I also need rims as there is no way I am using the factory wheels and it makes no sense, to me, to switch them back and forth every year anyways. I assume you are happy with the Ice-X's? We picked up the car tonight. Hate to come across as bragging, but what a sweet riding car! 

2017-Chevrolet-Impala-SS-release-date-2-1.jpg

1 hour ago, irv said:

Not a chance, I'm afraid, with a used vehicle, John, especially at a Ford dealer. I have been pricing/looking the last couple days and the Michelin Ice-X's are high on my priority list. Costco, for 18's, isn't too badly priced and that is who and what I'll likely go with unless I find a better deal somewhere else? I also need rims as there is no way I am using the factory wheels and it makes no sense, to me, to switch them back and forth every year anyways. I assume you are happy with the Ice-X's? We picked up the car tonight. Hate to come across as bragging, but what a sweet riding car! 

2017-Chevrolet-Impala-SS-release-date-2-1.jpg

I'm the same way.  The rim size does not matter, just overall tire diameter for the speedo to be good. 

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm the same way.  The rim size does not matter, just overall tire diameter for the speedo to be good. 

I am going to have to do some research/digging so I can hopefully find a combo that is close to the same height as what's on it now. I know with my old Sierra, that had the 20's, it was relatively easy as they were low profile tires. These ones, that are 19's, might be a little more difficult? They are way too wide to even think about trying to use them this or any winter, and without really looking, I'd say they are strictly a summer tire and not an all season?

I downsized from 18 to 17s for the winter.  Saved a fair bit just with that.  I ended up finding my best overall value at my dealer surprisingly.  Toyo's on new steel rims WITH the TPMS.  Drove away $1523 all in. 

12 hours ago, odot1 said:

I downsized from 18 to 17s for the winter.  Saved a fair bit just with that.  I ended up finding my best overall value at my dealer surprisingly.  Toyo's on new steel rims WITH the TPMS.  Drove away $1523 all in. 

We have to use 18's as I believe that is all that is available that will get us close or to the same height as our 19's? My Dad did all the digging/research today and that is what he passed onto me.

I am going to go with Cooper's again, the WSC tire. They have great ratings and the price, $1333.40, OTD, on rims, without TPM's, is the best price around, or that he could find. The TPM's, which I would like, are around $50-$60 bucks each but my wife said she is OK with having the light on her screen all winter long. 

My supervisor at work also found his dealer the cheapest, Sean. He purchased a small Hyundai SUV this past summer and is getting the Michelin X-Ices. Said nobody is within a $100 bucks of them. 5-7 days I'll have to wait until mine come in, but after this week-end, it's suppose to warm up a bit anyways.

http://us.coopertire.com/tires/weather-master-wsc.aspx     http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Cooper/WEATHER-MASTER+WSC

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Are Duratracs any good?

I have them on my truck, they seemed good last winter, but I do not recall getting into anything that was real bad, or if I did, it was a none issue.

Left them on the truck all year, as most seem to do, and they are fine.

11 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Are Duratracs any good?

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I have them on my truck, they seemed good last winter, but I do not recall getting into anything that was real bad, or if I did, it was a none issue.

Left them on the truck all year, as most seem to do, and they are fine.

Other than less than stellar tread wear, they seem like a decent tire. How many miles did you put on them in the summer months, Stoney? Leaving winter tires on after winter, especially in the heat of the summer, is a sure way to shorten their life very quickly. http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Goodyear/Wrangler+DuraTrac