What's a decent truck tire

Skidooski

40 minutes ago, Legend said:

Cooper tires are made in 11 different countries, and are owned by Apollo Tyres which is from India.

Hankook is Korean.

cooper tire is not owned by apollo .....cooper is a publically traded american company HQ'd in findlay ohio ...sbyl

57 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Holy hell dude! Back end slid out? 

I am looking to replace mine here soon but that certainly isn't comforting knowing how mine are worn out. 

Hydroplaned it off the highway hit the outside guardrail then spun across and nosed it into the inside one. Rear driver's side door and bedside were the only panels not damaged 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Hydroplaned it off the highway hit the outside guardrail then spun across and nosed it into the inside one. Rear driver's side door and bedside were the only panels not damaged 

Nice driving n2oginger

55 minutes ago, Legend said:

Cooper tires are made in 11 different countries, and are owned by Apollo Tyres which is from India.

Hankook is Korean.

Almost owned.

On June 12, 2013, a deal was finalized in which Apollo Tyres of India would buy Cooper for $2.5 billion. This move would have made Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. the only major U.S. tire manufacturer. Cooper is the second largest U.S.-based tire company, after Goodyear.[11] On December 30, 2013 Apollo pulled out of the deal since Cooper has not disclosed vital information about its lack of control over its Chinese business. The Chinese plant went on an indefinite strike against the proposed acquisition forcing Apollo to try to lower the $35-per-share bid in the original deal.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I have no experience with them other than the ones on my truck.....a ton of people around here run them as they are made in an Ohio plant not far from here. Mine are wearing very well

Made in USA is why I bought them. Friend swears by Fuzion.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I typically only buy michellins but I do have a set of BFG KO2's on the ram. Ive had those tires on my last 3 trucks and love them. You get what you pay for imo. 

Agreed...good tires but I am thinking of trying something different this time around. The Cooper Tires have always peaked my interest and I have had good luck with Some Wrangler tires but haven't tried the Duratracs

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Agreed...good tires but I am thinking of trying something different this time around. The Cooper Tires have always peaked my interest and I have had good luck with Some Wrangler tires but haven't tried the Duratracs

I hate goodyear tires. Ive never had good luck with them. 

• Thanks 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

If I remember correctly they were Wrangler tires on my previous Sierra (last year GMT900 truck). Maybe some wear but no big complaints. Traded it in after 45K though.

Just now, Skidooski said:

If I remember correctly they were Wrangler tires on my previous Sierra (last year GMT900 truck). Maybe some wear but no big complaints. Traded it in after 45K though.

My ram had wranglers come stock. POS tires. 

• Thanks 1

Duratracs..on my 4th or 5th set.  But I may switch to Toyo Open Country M/T's for my next ones.  Usually I sell out my tires at about the 60-70% wear mark but nobody wants 20's so...I may keep mine a bit longer.  I love new "shoes" though!!!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Duratracs..on my 4th or 5th set.  But I may switch to Toyo Open Country M/T's for my next ones.  Usually I sell out my tires at about the 60-70% wear mark but nobody wants 20's so...I may keep mine a bit longer.  I love new "shoes" though!!!

I ve eventually ended up with them on all my trucks....nothing lasts as long towing heavy.

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I ve eventually ended up with them on all my trucks....nothing lasts as long towing heavy.

They do tons better than the KO's with cupping too.  Overall, it's the longest lasting "rough" tire I've ever had.  And most fucking expensive too!!!!  I about shit when I put my last set on!

You should have just sent Gayeve a PM :lol:

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I'm looking to see which ones are made in China or elsewhere. Made in the USA would be nice

BFG AT TA KO2s are made in the USA :bc:

The boys FX4 will be getting some before winter. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I typically only buy michellins but I do have a set of BFG KO2's on the ram. Ive had those tires on my last 3 trucks and love them. You get what you pay for imo. 

KO2s haven't been out that long.  Your previous trucks had KOs  Similar, but the KO2s are definitely a better tire 

50 minutes ago, Anler said:

x2.  I've never bought anything from GoodYear, never will. Only time I've ever had their tires is when they came on trucks from the factory. 

My bud who has been in the tire business for over 40 years runs coopers. Says they're the best for the money. Last couple sets he got for me worked well.

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

What's so hard about rotating tires?

why put up with a tire that needs it if there are others that dont. Not to mention why put up with the road noise. None of us here are mudding our trucks so the area that the BFG has a slight edge is moot at best. They wear like shit and are fairly noisy. People just like the look ....the performance is lack luster 

Just now, Edmo said:

With 4wd you almost have to rotate the tires or you get cupping on the fronts. I do mine every 5-8k. 

I just checked the odometer and I have 19k miles on the axt's .....I rotated them at about 12k or so. They still have better than 90% tread and are quiet as well. These fuckers worked very well in the snow also. I made quite a few trips up to the UP via the lower and drove at freeway speed in some shitty conditions. They were really good