What's a decent truck tire

Skidooski

• Platinum Contributing Member

I need to replace the tires on my 2015 1500 4x4 Sierra so I'm shopping around for alternatives online. The stock tires are Bridgestone Dueler A/T 265 70R 17 which were decent and not loud while they had OK traction on wet pavement and so so in the snow. Not too impressed and looking for something else.

I've had the BFG A/T KO's on a couple different Jeeps and wouldn't necessarily mind getting them again except they seem priced a bit higher then others so I'm wondering what you all have had experience with both good and bad. This is my daily driver so I don't want something too loud and I do want to get 50,000+miles out of them if possible.

So far I've thought about Dick Cepek Trail country or maybe their Fun Country although I have never tried the brand or know of anyone who has. Other choice would be Cooper Discover AT3 or the Ironman All Country A/T.

I have been running Hankook Dynapro ATM's on a few different trucks over the years, and currently have a set on my Sierra.. It has been a great tire, good price, kinda middle of the road..

http://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-dynapro-at-m-rf10.html

Mastercraft Courser AXT ....I have 15k miles on a set of 10 ply tires and they are excellent. Made in the USA and perform as well or better then the name brand tires I have bought

I fully expect these to go 75k

lucky that one had duelers which are decent over the POS SRA's that come on most.  i ran 3 sets of duelers on my 07 and 2 did well till about 50k then fell off a cliff with traction.  Using a cooper now that was real good winter 1 we will have to see winter 2 RXT?    

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Mastercraft Courser AXT ....I have 15k miles on a set of 10 ply tires and they are excellent. Made in the USA and perform as well or better then the name brand tires I have bought

I fully expect these to go 75k

I have Mastercrafts on my EXPY. They seem to be wearing quick.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

lucky that one had duelers which are decent over the POS SRA's that come on most.  i ran 3 sets of duelers on my 07 and 2 did well till about 50k then fell off a cliff with traction.  Using a cooper now that was real good winter 1 we will have to see winter 2 RXT?    

I'm at 59k and they are shot. Anything other then dry pavement and the traction control light comes on. I hadn't rotated them nearly what I should have and they still lasted pretty long. 

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I'm at 59k and they are shot. Anything other then dry pavement and the traction control light comes on. I hadn't rotated them nearly what I should have and they still lasted pretty long. 

i got 16 staples and about the same number of stiches in my head pushing the duelers too far.  

41 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I have Mastercrafts on my EXPY. They seem to be wearing quick.

I have no experience with them other than the ones on my truck.....a ton of people around here run them as they are made in an Ohio plant not far from here. Mine are wearing very well

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I have been running Hankook Dynapro ATM's on a few different trucks over the years, and currently have a set on my Sierra.. It has been a great tire, good price, kinda middle of the road..

http://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-dynapro-at-m-rf10.html

X2^^^^

Great tire. Long lasting. Good traction in all conditions except maybe serious mud. I dont go muddin'. But they work very well in snow.

Ive used them on 1500's and 2500's.

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i got 16 staples and about the same number of stiches in my head pushing the duelers too far.  

Holy hell dude! Back end slid out? 

I am looking to replace mine here soon but that certainly isn't comforting knowing how mine are worn out. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I only buy tires made in the USA .....fuck buying imports ....peoples jobs depend on that 

I buy based on good quality product for the price.

Its not my fault union made products are SOMETIMES overpriced for the product they produce.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I only buy tires made in the USA .....fuck buying imports ....peoples jobs depend on that 

I'm looking to see which ones are made in China or elsewhere. Made in the USA would be nice

Just now, Skidooski said:

I'm looking to see which ones are made in China or elsewhere. Made in the USA would be nice

any cooper product of which there are countless will be made in the good ole USA .....seriously. The courser axt have been great. I would look at them. Save yourself 3-400$ and have a great tire.

1 minute ago, Legend said:

lol wtf are you talking about?

You could have bought a better american made tire than those chink imports for less money .....you didnt care to do that because you dont care about american workers....thats all 

Just now, f7ben said:

You could have bought a better american made tire than those chink imports for less money .....you didnt care to do that because you dont care about american workers....thats all 

Ive had cooper tires before. They are good tires, but they are not better than Hankooks. Compare the price.

It has nothing to do with caring about american workers. It has to do with not getting fleeced. Make a comparable product at a comparable price.

33 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I have General Grabber AT2's on the X5 and they've been awesome all around.   Not noisy at all and similar tread pattern to the BFG all terrains.

x2 just replaced them with 60k on them excellent tire for the coin best tire I have had on a plow vehicle