******Official Fall Foliage Photo & Video Thread******

ckf

Just now, Woodtick said:

Yes, last week of Sept is typically the peek.

That's about when it usually is here, too. This year we are about a week ahead of normal. Last year we were about a week behind.

Here's rob's video of Owl's Head from our outing last Saturday. He was able to fly much lower with his Mavic than I could with my Phantom. He got lucky and was able to catch some hikers on top.

• Like 3

Beauty vids, CKF! As someone else said in here, those look more like lakes than ponds. Being curious, I looked it up as I also thought the same. Seems like a logical explanation but another site said there were discernable differences between the 2. https://www.lakemat.com/education/lake-weed-blog/2011/06/what-s-difference-between-lake-and-pond I think of a pond really no bigger than 20-30 feet in diameter but never really gave it more thought than that.

As far as colors go around my parts (Southern Ontario) I'd say were are way behind as not much has changed yet for some reason? We had a ton of rain this summer as well as being cool and this fall has been the opposite. Way above average temps and not a lot of rain. I took these a couple/few years ago around the same time as it is now but our park looked nothing like this just a couple weeks ago. 

IMG_1176 (Large).JPG

IMG_1181 (Large).JPG

IMG_1161 (Large).JPG

1 hour ago, Turf said:

I am not from out east so I have to ask what type of tree are the brilliant red ones in the video. Thanks

Most of the reds are maple trees.

28 minutes ago, irv said:

Beauty vids, CKF! As someone else said in here, those look more like lakes than ponds. Being curious, I looked it up as I also thought the same. Seems like a logical explanation but another site said there were discernable differences between the 2. https://www.lakemat.com/education/lake-weed-blog/2011/06/what-s-difference-between-lake-and-pond I think of a pond really no bigger than 20-30 feet in diameter but never really gave it more thought than that.

As far as colors go around my parts (Southern Ontario) I'd say were are way behind as not much has changed yet for some reason? We had a ton of rain this summer as well as being cool and this fall has been the opposite. Way above average temps and not a lot of rain. I took these a couple/few years ago around the same time as it is now but our park looked nothing like this just a couple weeks ago. 

IMG_1176 (Large).JPG

IMG_1181 (Large).JPG

IMG_1161 (Large).JPG

I'm confused as ro what's a lake versus a pond too. The locals call  Island Pond 'Lake Island Pond', lol.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I flew with Rob again today in Island Pond, VT.

20171011-DJI_0022.jpg

20171011-DJI_0025.jpg

1.jpg

Nice.  Hey...I mentioned you today when I was talking to a buddy about maybe trying to get a drone to fly during snocross this year in Doo luth.  Something like.."There's this faggot on this forum I know that is getting pretty good at flying one....."

:lol:

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice.  Hey...I mentioned you today when I was talking to a buddy about maybe trying to get a drone to fly during snocross this year in Doo luth.  Something like.."There's this faggot on this forum I know that is getting pretty good at flying one....."

:lol:

:bigfinger:

That would be cool to try capturing a SnoX race with a drone. Are you going to Doo it?