What Makes You Proud To Be an American?

• Platinum Contributing Member

While we have our share of problems is still one of the most hopeful nations on Earth and for the most part stands for good in the world.   The American people are some of the most generous people in the world.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

While we have our share of problems is still one of the most hopeful nations on Earth and for the most part stands for good in the world.   The American people are some of the most generous people in the world.  

:bc:

Little fix.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have to say our medical system still makes me proud.   Yes it has its issues too but my youngest just spent a week in the hospital including several days in ICU.   The care was fantastic and saved his life.  He was able to get into surgery in a few days which may have taken months in other countries.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I have to say our medical system still makes me proud.   Yes it has its issues too but my youngest just spent a week in the hospital including several days in ICU.   The care was fantastic and saved his life.  He was able to get into surgery in a few days which may have taken months in other countries.  

Wow hope for full recovery all healed up fast :good: 

Freedom of speech. It is the very base of a free people. Freedom to speak out against those in power. We are slowly losing freedoms each day, it is a fight we should all partake in, as one with no political boundaries. I am proud to live where I can voice my concerns and not fear retribution. I am proud we have 300 plus million people that are productive, innovative and industrious. No country will ever be perfect, but we are as close as it gets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Doctors should be our hero's. Not idiots that can throw a ball.

12 minutes ago, Boered said:

Doctors should be our hero's. Not idiots that can throw a ball.

I always want to puke when someone almost dies or whatever then thanks god saved them live but never mention the doctors and nurses.that really saved them.

34 minutes ago, Boered said:

Freedom of speech. It is the very base of a free people. Freedom to speak out against those in power. We are slowly losing freedoms each day, it is a fight we should all partake in, as one with no political boundaries. I am proud to live where I can voice my concerns and not fear retribution. I am proud we have 300 plus million people that are productive, innovative and industrious. No country will ever be perfect, but we are as close as it gets.

Agree.

Never in the history of our country has Free speech been more under attack.

Our media sat back and watched it play out last week.

Those that use violence and intimidation, or those who remain silent while others try and suppress opposing views are the enemy of a free society.

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Oldie but good..

• Like 1