Hurricane Irma

ICEMAN!

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

I have my reasons...just you look out!!!!

I think I'm it just about the same shape as you. Most of the teams ahead of me have used up most of their good picks already. I'm shooting for a top ten in the final standings :bc:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I think I'm it just about the same shape as you. Most of the teams ahead of me have used up most of their good picks already. I'm shooting for a top ten in the final standings :bc:

Ive been checking #s...i need some planets to align for that I think.

11 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Thats a possibility if it comes inland...but it looks like its going to track along the gulf....so lakeland wont take a big hit anyway.

By most estimates, Lakeland will be just east of the eye of a Category 3 hurricane.  They're going to get fucking whalloped!

IMG_8006.PNG

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I checked last week and I think there was only one or two guys ahead of me that still had a decent amount of good picks left. Even with that you never know what's going to happen. You could pick three strong drivers and have all of them crash in the same race.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I checked last week and I think there was only one or two guys ahead of me that still had a decent amount of good picks left. Even with that you never know what's going to happen. You could pick three strong drivers and have all of them crash in the same race.

That happens every time i pick jj

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

That track had been like that for at least a couple of days now.  It's shifted very slightly to the west, that's it.

So different

...anyway...its like you want to see Florida get hammered....must be part of a crazy agenda for you i suppose. :lol:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

So different

...anyway...its like you want to see Florida get hammered....must be part of a crazy agenda for you i suppose. :lol:

I know......it's bizarre.  But, there is a reason for the saying, "misery loves company".  And most libs want to force it on anyone unwilling to accept it readily.  Poor libs.

:lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

I know......it's bizarre.  But, there is a reason for the saying, "misery loves company".  And most libs want to force it on anyone unwilling to accept it readily.  Poor libs.

Well thanks....i thought it was just me that saw this. :lol:

4 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

So different

Actually what's really strange here is you taking the 180* opposite view of what all the experts have been sayin over the last couple of days.

"it'll be a tropical storm by the time it reaches Lakeland...."

"It's not going to gain strength again"

Said nobody ever except Dave

It's like you're so desperate to disagree and argue with me that you say shit that makes no sense just so you can take a contrarian view.

:lmao:

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Actually what's really strange here is you taking the 180* opposite view of what all the experts have been sayin over the last couple of days.

"it'll be a tropical storm by the time it reaches Lakeland...."

"It's not going to gain strength again"

Said nobody ever except Dave

It's like you're so desperate to disagree and argue with me that you say shit that makes no sense just so you can take a contrarian view.

:lmao:

Desperate?

How many times have storms been less then they predicted? This storm is another one of those.

And furthermore it hit the mainland as a cat 3....and will be a cat 1 by the time it reaches lakeland the experts say now....so I wasnt far off....

So it seems like I was pretty close in my assumption of the storm. 

You can call that desperation....i call it just going by previous storms and the medias need to make things worse then they are for ratings.... especially cnn.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
59 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

And furthermore it hit the mainland as a cat 3....and will be a cat 1 by the time it reaches lakeland the experts say now....so I wasnt far off....

You can call that desperation....i call it just going by previous storms and the medias need to make things worse then they are for ratings.... especially cnn.

Whether your correct about this one or not, the notion that many storms are overhyped is spot on.

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Whether your correct about this one or not, the notion that many storms are overhyped is spot on.

Exactly...and thats why many people stay behind and dont take the warnings seriously.

Cnn has all but forgot about Trump. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yup.

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Exactly...and thats why many people stay behind and dont take the warnings seriously.

Cnn has all but forgot about Trump. :lol:

Yeah, somebody was interviewing some stay behind right on the streets and it didn't seem to bother them at all.  Didn't look bad either.  Storm surge will probably be the worst part.  Networks will be clamorong for shots with the worst hit areas though for that spectacularness of exceptionalistic sensationalizm!!!!!!

eleventy!!!!!!!  

Meh...

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

Some people can't help but drink every drop of MSM Koolaid they see.  Others take what the MSM spews with a grain of salt.  This is a bad storm for sure and everyone should have reacted and prepared for the worst just like they did but it's nice to see the weathermen and stormwatchers got another one wrong. 

Imagine all the MMGWers dismay when it turns out Irma isn't the most powerful hurricane to ever hit the US mainland.  Heads are about to explode.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Some people can't help but drink every drop of MSM Koolaid they see.  Others take what the MSM spews with a grain of salt.  This is a bad storm for sure and everyone should have reacted and prepared for the worst just like they did but it's nice to see the weathermen and stormwatchers got another one wrong. 

Imagine all the MMGWers dismay when it turns out Irma isn't the most powerful hurricane to ever hit the US mainland.  Heads are about to explode.  

And Harvey did so much damage because it stalled over Texas and just sat there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

They have science to back them though, at least 97% I heard.