Hurricane Irma

ICEMAN!

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

It will be a tropical depression likely by that time.

We are watching all the reports here obviously.

The difference with Irma is the size. They say the oceans on either side of Florida will feed its strength as it moves inland.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

We are watching all the reports here obviously.

The difference with Irma is the size. They say the oceans on either side of Florida will feed its strength as it moves inland.

Yep. Land typically lessons the force but the fact that Irma is so damn big might negate that. I hope it dissipates some, I really hope it does...

Latest track showing it headed to Fort Myers. One of my friends is up here now. They have a million dolllar + place on the water on Pine Island ( Fort Myers )He's got a 26' boat that he paid like $125, 000.00 a few years ago. 

My other friends just moved down there. Showed me some pics, nice place in Punta Gorda. She just picked up her new Camaro convertible. It cost about $50, 000.00, beautiful car. I asked them if they were gonna' leave, and they said every hotel is booked for hundreds of miles, all the way into Alabama. They are gonna' ride it out. My buddy said he's got two containers of propane, a bunch of water, and a bunch of food. I asked him about flooding, and he said his area can handle a storm of 8" rain. I think I'm gonna' call him tomorrow, and ask him,  " what the fuck good is propane gonna' do ya' when 150 MPH takes the fuckin' place down to the slab? " 

We also have two very old friends that have been in their condo for years at Deerfield Beach ( EAST COAST ). I called them and they are not too worried either, they will go to some friend's place further inland, but they are not afraid of their building collapsing, it is very solid. They had a hurricane about two years ago, and did the same thing. 

I thought about getting a place in Florida someday with water access. Fuck that idea. The most I would ever do is RENT a small place, and join the boat rental club. Florida is a fuckin' hurricane magnet. 

Imagine having a beautiful place, with a $450,000.00 Cigarette Top Gun on the rack, and this shit happens.  :wtf:  

Edited by Guest

Wow, can you imagine the boats that will be sold for salvage after this????  I wonder if any nice Fountains or Cigs will be up for auction. Beautiful boats will be horribly damaged. Too bad. 

16 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Not likely in lakeland....will be a cat 1 by that time.

Do you know where Lakeland is? 

It will be a tropical depression likely by that time.

Ummmm Dave

Its not predicted to be a tropical storm until it hits way up into Alabama...

IMG_7996.thumb.PNG.85608fad0c4f53b9110bfeaa237b3b92.PNG

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/09/us/hurricane-irma-florida.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Some are saying it will be a Cat 4 again when it makes Landfall on the west coast of Florida.

That is a possibility...but i dont see it happening...its only 90 miles to the keys...only chance of it picking up steam is ifthe everglades feed it...i dont see that happening...hope im right.

• Gold Member

To much dismay by liberals it looks like mar a lago will escape being in the path of the hurricane.  Trump's Club will prolly serve as the president's Hurricane response center.  He will prolly being spending several weeks down there responding to the hurricane clean up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Some are saying it will be a Cat 4 again when it makes Landfall on the west coast of Florida.

Apparently the water between Cuba and Florida is like 90* bathtub water and it's already picking up steam again.