Bhent Airways , first flight

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: 

i'd bet the majority of pilots know how to read, and carry, paper charts. but i'm not going to argue with you about it, captain :lol:

Well of course they know how to read them.....the FAA mandates it..........and almost none of them carry paper charts. Its dumb ...you think someone is going to spend $15,000 just for their garmin GNS750 so they can stuff the cockpit with a fucking wad of paper sectionals :lol: There is a lot of equipment in IFR planes that keep you headed in the right direction......paper charts are for oldtimers tooling around in VFR spam cans at 90 knots 

Edited by f7ben

I love the comments on POA concerning paper sectionals :lol: 

"If you ever have to do an off airport crash landing a sectional can help get a signal fire going. Folded correctly it'd do well as a makeshift barf bag. Unfolded, it can hide valuables from potential thieves."

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well of course they know how to read them.....the FAA mandates it..........and almost none of them carry paper charts. Its dumb ...you think someone is going to spend $15,000 just for their garmin GNS750 so they can stuff the cockpit with a fucking wad of paper sectionals :lol: There is a lot of equipment in IFR planes that keep you headed in the right direction......paper charts are for oldtimers tooling around in VFR spam cans at 90 knots 

So you plan on getting instrument rated? 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

So you plan on getting instrument rated? 

Absolutely ....I will begin working towards it as soon as I can. My mission is to fly 480NM cross countries as often as I can......it would be totally irresponsible not to get proficient and comfortable with IMC 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

First he tries to lecture Tom now cut and pasting to try and prove  RJM and Slinger wrong....priceless. :lol:

What are you babbling about....slinger doesnt know fuck all about flying and if RJM carries paper sectionals he is in the minority ......and what the fuck was I lecturing Tom about :lol: 

On 9/15/2017 at 4:25 PM, f7ben said:

2nd lesson down....did a lot of 15/30 and 45 degree banked turns....figure 8s etc etc. Practiced coordinating turns and maintaining altitude. The 45deg turns made me a little queezy lolz

Don't stick your beak out the window or the air resistance will make you go down like a wounded duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!11    

:finger2::finger2::finger2:

Your enthusiasm for learning to fly is great the best thing you can do is keep at the lessons & don't lay off this is the type of thing the more you do it the quicker it will come to you 

Also keep this in mind there are old pilots & bold pilots but there aren't many old bold pilots 

1 minute ago, RJM said:

Your enthusiasm for learning to fly is great the best thing you can do is keep at the lessons & don't lay off this is the type of thing the more you do it the quicker it will come to you 

Also keep this in mind there are old pilots & bold pilots but there aren't many old bold pilots 

I'm going to keep at it and if all goes right I'll buy a plane in the spring or early summer to finish up my PPL in .......I'm learning that most people recommend buying your second plane first and skipping the transition plan for those who know they are going to fly fairly often. I am going to just need to go out and schedule an hour or two in a bunch of different planes and see what I like. I dont want to buy too much plane but I also dont want to buy something that needs upgrading after a year or two 

Just now, RJM said:

'63

Awesome. ...post some pics some time.