Bhent Airways , first flight

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I havent had a drink in just over 5 days .....I might quit for a while or until I have a good reason to drink 

I've been studying so I can take my part 107 exam for my drone. One of the rules is that you can't have a drink 8 hours prior to flying.  It's crazy what they are asking you to know to fly a drone commercially. Why do I need to know how to read sectional maps and ancient weather forecasts?

Just now, f7ben said:

Hardly ....I just wanna see what it feels like. As soon as I want to drink again I will .....for the moment I just dont feel the urge for some odd reason 

I've watched all his vids .....love them. I'd also love to have an a36 while I might be able to swing purchasing one I wouldnt want the bills trying to keep it in the air 

It feels nice not to drink once the cravings go away. :bc:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hardly ....I just wanna see what it feels like. As soon as I want to drink again I will .....for the moment I just dont feel the urge for some odd reason 

I've watched all his vids .....love them. I'd also love to have an a36 while I might be able to swing purchasing one I wouldnt want the bills trying to keep it in the air 

He's currently with "Fun For Louis" & JP flying a Cessna through Europe.  He has mentioned several times that he would rather be in his Beechcraft.

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

How long is it going to be before you solo?

I've been watching a few of Matt's videos lately.

can you imagine some of ben's vids? he'd be popping open coors lights instead of peanuts, grabbing tits in flight, rebuilding motors at stop overs.....

:lol:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've been studying so I can take my part 107 exam for my drone. One of the rules is that you can't have a drink 8 hours prior to flying.  It's crazy what they are asking you to know to fly a drone commercially. Why do I need to know how to read sectional maps and ancient weather forecasts?

good lord

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

can you imagine some of ben's vids? he'd be popping open coors lights instead of peanuts, grabbing tits in flight, rebuilding motors at stop overs.....

I'm looking forward to seeing them :lol:

Hey @f7ben I grew up less than 10 miles from this airport. The pond just to the left of the runway is Berry Pond. It's where they held ice races every Sunday afternoon during the winter.

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

That is retarded......I dont even know why a pilot of a real plane needs to know that bullshit......its fucking 2017 and nobody flies anything with paper charts in the plane anymore. GPS and Ipads

18 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

It feels nice not to drink once the cravings go away. :bc:

thats gay .....I'm going to get some beer

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

He's currently with "Fun For Louis" & JP flying a Cessna through Europe.  He has mentioned several times that he would rather be in his Beechcraft.

Beautiful cessna there.....Cardinal RG I think

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I'll need a custom piss tube !!!!!111111

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm looking forward to seeing them :lol:

Hey @f7ben I grew up less than 10 miles from this airport. The pond just to the left of the runway is Berry Pond. It's where they held ice races every Sunday afternoon during the winter.

Beautiful ......the mountains are nice too 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is retarded......I dont even know why a pilot of a real plane needs to know that bullshit......its fucking 2017 and nobody flies anything with paper charts in the plane anymore. GPS and Ipads

Exactly! The FAA is making drone pilots know all kinds of useless stupid shit.

7 minutes ago, RJM said:

That's a C210 in the flying a Cessna through Europe video 

Ahh ....correct. I just glanced at the still of the movie. It didnt look long enough at first and the cantilever wing made me think cardinal

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Ahh ....correct. I just glanced at the still of the movie. It didnt look long enough at first and the cantilever wing made me think cardinal

The dead give away also was the n number...

N210EU

Me and all my flying buddies always carry paper sectional charts they don't need batteries 

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you're failing already. what if the electronics goes? 

Just now, RJM said:

N210EU

Me and all my flying buddies always carry paper sectional charts they don't need batteries 

That's understandable when you are flying a real airplane. I'm just snapping local pics from a drone. The drone won't let me fly in to any airspace that has a tower. I have a local grass runway that doesn't have a tower and I get a warning telling me to be cautious.

9 minutes ago, RJM said:

N210EU

Your garmin in the dash doesnt need batteries and neither does your ipad

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

what if the charts spontaneously combust :lol: what are the odds that your in dash gps and your ipad shit the bed at the same time ......

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's understandable when you are flying a real airplane. I'm just snapping local pics from a drone. The drone won't let me fly in to any airspace that has a tower. I have a local grass runway that doesn't have a tower and I get a warning telling me to be cautious.

sectionals are garbage and teaching them should be tossed out. I'd bet almost no GA planes carry charts anymore ....I wont solo without a gps....that would be just fucking stupid ....why not use every tool to safely fly that is at your disposal 

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Are you required to have a sectional chart with you while flying the drone?

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Your garmin in the dash doesnt need batteries and neither does your ipad

what if the charts spontaneously combust :lol: what are the odds that your in dash gps and your ipad shit the bed at the same time ......

dude, you're flying a fucking plane. not driving down highway 101. i'd sure as shit want to know the fail safe way of doing things for back-up.

5 minutes ago, RJM said:
14 minutes ago, ckf said:

Are you required to have a sectional chart with you while flying the drone?

No. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

dude, you're flying a fucking plane. not driving down highway 101. i'd sure as shit want to know the fail safe way of doing things for back-up.

I'd be willing to bet less than 1 in 10 GA planes flying cross country has a paper sectional in it today ....maybe less than that. Nobody uses them at all as far as I can tell. They are all but worthless. Fuck flying around trying to figure out railroad tracks and landmarks. That is what a fucking GPS is for.....I learn to use them to pass my checkride and then never think about them again like every other pilot in the civilized world.

22 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Come on slinger :lol: you are so close to diving in and making yourself look like a complete fucking moron for the 10000th time ......just do it 

Edited by f7ben

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Come on slinger :lol: you are so close to diving in and making yourself look like a complete fucking moron for the 10000th time ......just do it 

i'd bet the majority of pilots know how to read, and carry, paper charts. but i'm not going to argue with you about it, captain :lol: