Chevy garbage

f7ben

39 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:
  1. Install EN-652 flywheel holder  (1) in order to fix the engine flywheel (2).

Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution.

1. Tighten the 6 engine flywheel bolts in a cross sequence a first pass to 60 Y (44 lb ft).
  1. Tighten the 6 engine flywheel bolts in a cross sequence a second pass to an additional 45°, using EN-470–B wrench .
  1. Tighten the 6 engine flywheel bolts in a cross sequence a final pass to an additional 15°, using EN-470–B wrench .
  1. Install clutch pressure and driven plate. Refer to Clutch Pressure and Driven Plate Replacement.
  1. Install transmission. Refer to Transmission Replacement.

:whistle:  I'll just leave this here. 

Fucking savage! :groin:

• Thanks 1

On September 4, 2017 at 10:15 PM, f7ben said:

applying the accelerator and then waiting for what seems like 4-5 seconds for the engine to rev and the truck to accelerate is not a good thing :lol: 

I find it really annoying too. I have friends with new 5.3's as well and for some reason they don't see it. I can deal with it because it's just feel. The truck itself has plenty of power for what I use it for and the fuel economy and reliability make it worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mechanic just got back to me ....said the clutch was worn and now would be a good time to replace it. I asked how much more cash but knew we would go ahead and do it regardless.

He said 325$ for a complete clutch rebuild in parts .....so I asked what we were looking at for the R&R on the longblock and for the clutch rebuild etc....basically all in price.

He said $1000 plus tax for everything :lol: 325$ in part plus fluids etc etc ......thats 675$ in labor to do a long block swap and clutch job. I fucking love indy mechanics. That would have been 3k pkus at the stealership

21 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

That's cheap.  Our retail labour time guide says 12.4 hours to remove and replace a complete engine.  A bare long block is 16.6 hours. 

Yours would be considered a complete engine, that's about $55 an hour. 

Remember hes in the USA.

On 9/4/2017 at 6:46 PM, f7ben said:

My focus has some trans issues ......it comes and goes. Its a low speed shutter.I may take it in before the warranty is up but I have read a ton about it and its very unlikely that it will ever result in anything more than an inconvenience etc....the dual clutch faces get some leaked fluid on them somehow and they dont lock up perfectly every time. I'll probably bring it in or aybe not......we'll see 

I'm having the same exact issue with my daughters 16 focus. I've had it to the dealer twice. They adjusted the clutches, yada, yada........... Still does it. Fuck it. It's a 3yr rental and its still under warrenty. I told her to drive it till it dies and turn the POS back in.

8 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I'm having the same exact issue with my daughters 16 focus. I've had it to the dealer twice. They adjusted the clutches, yada, yada........... Still does it. Fuck it. It's a 3yr rental and its still under warrenty. I told her to drive it till it dies and turn the POS back in.

I've read a lot about it ....they will replace it if you push them but its unlikely to ever actually fail. Mine does it sporadically and its not really an issue.

I know Ford has special coverage on some Focus and Fiesta for shudder from the clutch caused by fluid leaking.  We had two used cars come through our service department with the issue last week.  Might want to check with your dealer.  Knowing Ford the repair time is probably shit so they won't want to do it unless you keep at them.   

43 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

That's cheap.  Our retail labour time guide says 12.4 hours to remove and replace a complete engine.  A bare long block is 16.6 hours. 

Yours would be considered a complete engine, that's about $55 an hour. 

He has to swap accessories on this so it would not be just a R&R ....he charges $50 an hour and does good work. I've taken stuff to him quite a few times. 

Just now, stealth bomber said:

I know Ford has special coverage on some Focus and Fiesta for shudder from the clutch caused by fluid leaking.  We had two used cars come through our service department with the issue last week.  Might want to check with your dealer.  Knowing Ford the repair time is probably shit so they won't want to do it unless you keep at them.   

Thanks ....I think I will bring it in just to get it documented 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've read a lot about it ....they will replace it if you push them but its unlikely to ever actually fail. Mine does it sporadically and its not really an issue.

I really don't expect it to fail, but driving it weirds me out when it does it. That and coupled with the fact that my daughters 2 hrs away, at school, in a car I dont 100% trust. You know. car breaks down, daughters on the side of the road, Momo approaches to help........ 

7 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

Yeah. Time to get shitty with my local dealership. It just ticks me off that I have to do that, when they should fix it right the first time. Thanks for the heads up.

3 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I really don't expect it to fail, but driving it weirds me out when it does it. That and coupled with the fact that my daughters 2 hrs away, at school, in a car I dont 100% trust. You know. car breaks down, daughters on the side of the road, Momo approaches to help........ 

yah .....i drive this car cross country an awful lot and have put almost 60k on it in 29 months. Its been doing it for over half its life and has never gotten worse or been an issue

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

yah .....i drive this car cross country an awful lot and have put almost 60k on it in 29 months. Its been doing it for over half its life and has never gotten worse or been an issue

That makes me feel a little better. She loves the car and had talked about buying it after the lease was up, but that's not going to happen. She may end up with the 1.0 eco or she's gonna learn how to drive a stick.

• Gold Member

step daughter focus has had 2 clutches and has been in numerous times for it.  I am thinking ford has put a nice extended warranty on all focus and fiesta transmissions.  There is some other things legally I think with focus and having them in and being fixed and buybacks or something.

Just now, BOHICA said:

step daughter focus has had 2 clutches and has been in numerous times for it.  I am thinking ford has put a nice extended warranty on all focus and fiesta transmissions.  There is some other things legally I think with focus and having them in and being fixed and buybacks or something.

yes there has been something like that

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

yes there has been something like that

I have been receiving numerous things I have in the drawer at home but haven't read them from ford or some class action or something.  The One I did read was the extended warranty...  I think it's a 100k mile warranty on the transmission now if I recall correctly.  My daughters transmission is garbage some times and sometimes not.....

2 hours ago, Skidude600 said:

It's gonna drive you nuts thinking worst case scenario all the time :lol: