Chevy garbage

f7ben

2011 chevy cruze 1.4

My brother has been going through a quart of oil every 500 miles. No smoke , not leaking it. Today said car is running like shit. I took charge pipe off throttle body and its filled with oil. I assumed turbo oil seals shot but I started looking online and reading about pistons failing so before I took the turbo off to replace I checked compression. #1-2-3 cyls all at 180lbs .....#4 at 45 :lol: 

fucking GM garbage .......poor kid cant catch a break. I'm thinking about yanking the motor out of it , low mile long blocks are cheap and plenty.....did I say GM makes fucking junk???

His stabilitrac warning went off and put the car into limp mode while I was trying to put it in the garage :lol: and the thing has the most uncomfortable seats of any car since 1970

GM FUCKING JUNK

• Thanks 1

How many miles?  

We service many and I've seen two with compression issues, both times burned valves.  

Seen three turbos fail. Two out of three times the oil feed pipe was plugged solid because idiots don't change their oil.  

Im not standing up for them but we have some high mileage regular customers and they've been rock solid if taken care of.  

Most of the time it's a plastic piece of shit that's bolted to the motor that fails.  Intake manifold, valve cover, water outlet, coil pack.  

11 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

How many miles?  

We service many and I've seen two with compression issues, both times burned valves.  

Seen three turbos fail. Two out of three times the oil feed pipe was plugged solid because idiots don't change their oil.  

Im not standing up for them but we have some high mileage regular customers and they've been rock solid if taken care of.  

Most of the time it's a plastic piece of shit that's bolted to the motor that fails.  Intake manifold, valve cover, water outlet, coil pack.  

Its got 100k and I suspect that piston has been cracked for at least the last 15k miles or more. Chevy acknowledged the piston issue with the 11-12- and 12 ecotec's it seems. Its very funny that the pistons crack between the rings around the ring land but they stay in one piece so most times the dealerships are just swapping in new slugs and sending them down the road.

I am going to just find a low mile long block for him , not sure if I will swap it or the mechanic i use. Depends on what he comes back with for book hours on an R&R.

I made an offer on a complete longblock with turbo .....1k miles on the whole thing. They are asking $995 and I offered 500 bones :lol: 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Maybe change the oil at least once. Stupid liberals 

he's pretty religious about oil changes and uses mobil. He bought it used with 40k on the clock so I cant say prior to that 

Just now, f7ben said:

he's pretty religious about oil changes and uses mobil. He bought it used with 40k on the clock so I cant say prior to that 

Religious like a liberal doing researche which meens not doing it 

59 minutes ago, f7ben said:

2011 chevy cruze 1.4

My brother has been going through a quart of oil every 500 miles. No smoke , not leaking it. Today said car is running like shit. I took charge pipe off throttle body and its filled with oil. I assumed turbo oil seals shot but I started looking online and reading about pistons failing so before I took the turbo off to replace I checked compression. #1-2-3 cyls all at 180lbs .....#4 at 45 :lol: 

fucking GM garbage .......poor kid cant catch a break. I'm thinking about yanking the motor out of it , low mile long blocks are cheap and plenty.....did I say GM makes fucking junk???

His stabilitrac warning went off and put the car into limp mode while I was trying to put it in the garage :lol: and the thing has the most uncomfortable seats of any car since 1970

GM FUCKING JUNK

How's that Tahoe you bought working for ya? :news:

My wife totaled the Camry I bought from Xcrrrr and it had 227k or so on it. Was a damn nice car still and I have no doubt it would have gone another 100k or more.

Well , I started pulling the motor ....just getting lines and harness out of the way. Turbo and manifold are loose and waiting to be pulled. I'll just need to figure out if I am going out the top which is likely and if I'll pull the whole engine tranny and then take the tranny off on the bench. Should be pretty straight forward 

34 minutes ago, Freddy the Freeloader said:

That's funny most focus's in my area are boneyard fodder before 100k

My buddy runs nothing but old miled out focusses ....swear by them. Picks them up for 500 bones with 200k on the clock and runs them for a year and then junks em

my z71 I think it was a,06 that pile of shit started burning a qt every oil change so 3k mi from the time it was new by 40k it was 2 qt every 3k at 65 k it was a qt every 1000 mi . best part was they kept telling me that is normal and with in gm spec . Along with the drive line  clanking every time you would let off the gas then give it gas . 

that was the last Mexican pile of shit gm will ever sell me . I will take my rusting 12 f150 any day over that under powered oil burning front end eating drive line clanking burrito burning hunk of shit 

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Newer focus have trans issues. It's why my daughter is in a Mazda not the 12 focus I was going to get her 

My focus has some trans issues ......it comes and goes. Its a low speed shutter.I may take it in before the warranty is up but I have read a ton about it and its very unlikely that it will ever result in anything more than an inconvenience etc....the dual clutch faces get some leaked fluid on them somehow and they dont lock up perfectly every time. I'll probably bring it in or aybe not......we'll see 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

my z71 I think it was a,06 that pile of shit started burning a qt every oil change so 3k mi from the time it was new by 40k it was 2 qt every 3k at 65 k it was a qt every 1000 mi . best part was they kept telling me that is normal and with in gm spec . Along with the drive line  clanking every time you would let off the gas then give it gas . 

that was the last Mexican pile of shit gm will ever sell me . I will take my rusting 12 f150 any day over that under powered oil burning front end eating drive line clanking burrito burning hunk of shit 

Still has the clunk, eh? :lol: my 2001 did that for 267k miles. It's annoying as hell but it never amounted to anything. 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

And my '06 5.3 GMC 1500 has 150k on it and has never burned a qt of oil in it's life and doesn't have a speck of rust.  Something must be wrong with the way you own/drive/maintain your equipment.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

And my '06 5.3 GMC 1500 has 150k on it and has never burned a qt of oil in it's life and doesn't have a speck of rust.  Something must be wrong with the way you own/drive/maintain your equipment.  

gm 5.3's were notorious for very loose piston to wall clearance resulting in the famous gm "piston slap" when cold and higher then normal oil consumption.

That said ....most of them seemed to run forever like that....although they are slugs for a motor producing anemic power levels and totally lack luster performance :lol: