What does it matter if the climate changes?

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

How many got displaced from the last iceage? 

You fucking alarmists kill me. :lol:

Oh the horror.

A meteor could hit the USA tomorrow and wipe out 300million people.  Climate change?

You couldn't possibly have read what I posted in the amount of time it took you to respond, but the ice age!

1 minute ago, Killer said:

A meteor could hit the USA tomorrow and wipe out 300million people.  Climate change?

You couldn't possibly have read what I posted in the amount of time it took you to respond, but the ice age!

Lots of things could happen.....you can worry all you want.

Ive got better things to do.

• Gold Member

Much of the US was under a huge Ice sheet a few years ago.  The deer and butterflies weren't  frolicking on the mile think ice on a nice spring day. They were adapted, evolved and frolicked further south.

watching Bering sea gold on occasion and many are mining gold 30 feet under water and a coastline that existed a few years ago.

as sea levels rise the inhabitants of earth will evolve and will adapt and inhabit the new coast lines.

it is just a waste of money and resources trying to prevent climate change when you can spend the prevention money on adaptation

Edited by BOHICA

As we become a richer  nation and continually build up the most prone to be destroyed areas with extravagant buildings and houses, houses that cost many times more than the houses that were there 30 years ago replacement costs will continue to grow.  So yes, absolutely the total claims values per "event" or year will keep going up. It's not rocket science. But so are the premiums... Insurance company's never lose. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

How's bout you contribute or GTFO.

i contribute by adding diesel exhaust in the air with my semi hauling hot steamy  liquid asphalt to a smoky black top plant and if that's not enough I drive one of my gas guzzling pick ups to and from work then on weekends I run my diesel tractor to mow my yard and use a 2 stroke weedeater

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

i contribute by adding diesel exhaust in the air with my semi hauling hot steamy  liquid asphalt to a smoky black top plant and if that's not enough I drive one of my gas guzzling pick ups to and from work then on weekends I run my diesel tractor to mow my yard and use a 2 stroke weedeater

Just bought 300lbs of R22 today at $20 a pound. The price keeps dropping? Think I'm going to take my V8 Jeep up to the north woods this week end and ride my dirt bike.

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I needed another semi so I bought a rebuilt 2002 Kenworth instead of a new one because it has zero emission equipment 

Ya man...this 06 blows black smoke like crazy giviner in the mountains. :lol:

I might just keep it. ;)