What does it matter if the climate changes?

Bohica wanted to know. 

I thought in this thread we can dispense with the questions over cause or reality. 

If we have more frequent hurricanes and floods. If we have more droughts that cause forest fires. How much do you think that will cost?

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Bohica wanted to know. 

I thought in this thread we can dispense with the questions over cause or reality. 

If we have more frequent hurricanes and floods. If we have more droughts that cause forest fires. How much do you think that will cost?

There hasnt been a major hurricane to hit the states in how many yrs? Before Harvey....

Are we to believe that before man there were no forest fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, mudslides, volcanic eruptions, blizzards, meteors? 

How much would it have cost to save the dinosaurs?

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Bohica wanted to know. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Bohica wanted to know. 

Lots of ifs in the questions. There is no good answers for them. Just lots of guesses some close to the mark, some not so close. 

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Bohica wanted to know. 

You asked that^^^

5 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

There hasnt been a major hurricane to hit the states in how many yrs? Before Harvey....

Dave says that^^^

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Wrong thread 

And you say that^^^?

You are fucking retarded.

3 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Insurance companies have been concerned for some time now, seeing as their loss claims are outpacing inflation.

Yeah... Cost of goods and litigation has nothing at all to do with that... Nor do executive pay packages. Lol... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Insurance companies have been concerned for some time now, seeing as their loss claims are outpacing inflation.

Insurance companies look for anyway to fuck you....if you believe theyre concerned...i have some oceanfront property to sell you in Arizona.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Only low life stupid fucks deny humans are causing climate change.  And the lowest of the low throw their hands in the air like they don't care (great song :lol: )claiming there is nothing we can do about it :lmao: 

But as we've seen on FSCE - those same low life stupid fuckers believe non peer reviewed propaganda over peer reviewed scientific research.  Many on here are simply too stupid to discuss the topic 

7 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Yeah... Cost of goods and litigation has nothing at all to do with that... Nor do executive pay packages. Lol... 

The cost of goods should be in line with inflation, which their loss payouts are exceeding.  Also, they're not factoring employee salaries into these analyses.  Try to keep up.

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Only low life stupid fucks deny humans are causing climate change.  And the lowest of the low throw their hands in the air like they don't care (great song :lol: )claiming there is nothing we can do about it :lmao: 

But as we've seen on FSCE - those same low life stupid fuckers believe non peer reviewed propaganda over peer reviewed scientific research.  Many on here are simply too stupid to discuss the topic 

Man look at the needle move!!!!!! Coach, when are you selling your sled? You need to be part of the solution not part of the problem. As you drive a car and sled you are a contributor to the GW. Sell your stuff or shut the fuck up....that is all.:saluting:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's some cost to getting us less dependent on fossil fuels as well and this is where the debate gets really interesting.  Make no mistake, folks are right to be fearful over these costs and on top of that it's harder to predict the long term cost-benefit than it is the actual climate change.  One such analysis is here Major reports are concluding that stabilizing greenhouse-gas emissions to avoid catastrophic climate change is possible and can be done at a relatively low cost.   I'm not sure if they are factoring in the job creation that comes along with the new industries, but I would imagine so.

3 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

The cost of goods should be in line with inflation, which their loss payouts are exceeding.  Also, they're not factoring employee salaries into these analyses.  Try to keep up.

"Should be" and are are not the same. If you think litigation costs haven't quadrupled in the insurance industry in the last 30 years you're on crack. The pay packages for upper level management in the insurance world are completely insane. I deal with these guys every day. I see their inflated loss reports pertaining to the industry I'm in and know they do the same on other facets as well.  Anything they can throw into a report to justify their 5 million bonus... 

9 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

Man look at the needle move!!!!!! Coach, when are you selling your sled? You need to be part of the solution not part of the problem. As you drive a car and sled you are a contributor to the GW. Sell your stuff or shut the fuck up....that is all.:saluting:

How's bout you contribute or GTFO.

37 minutes ago, JEFF said:

34 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Insurance companies look for anyway to fuck you....if you believe theyre concerned...i have some oceanfront property to sell you in Arizona.

Munichre is a reinsurance company, They are entirely B2B.   Why comment on things you have no clue about?

Swiss re, another large reinsutlrance carrier would concur with munichre.  

The losses they are seeing in their block are attributed to many factors, cost of goods and litigation for sure, but one of happens to be the increase in cat events and their size, due to climate change.

Unlike you they listen to scientists instead of listening to the wind blow through their ears...

To answer the OP, one of the least talked about consequences of climate change and global warming is the net migration from area's most affected.  The middle East, desert areas of Eurasia and Africa, and coastal areas will be hardest hit, and in fact many of these areas are already experiencing the negative effects of MMGW. It's already happening with the UN suggesting very 20mil people have already been displaced mostly due to climate change.

http://www.unhcr.org/uk/news/latest/2016/11/581f52dc4/frequently-asked-questions-climate-change-disaster-displacement.html

• Thanks 1

Just now, Killer said:

Munichre is a reinsurance company, They are entirely B2B.   Why comment on things you have no clue about?

Swiss re, another large reinsutlrance carrier would concur with munichre.  

The losses they are seeing in their block are attributed to many factors, cost of goods and litigation for sure, but one of happens to be the increase in cat events and their size, due to climate change.

Unlike you they listen to scientists instead of listening to the wind blow through their ears...

To answer the OP, one of the least talked about consequences of climate change and global warming is the net migration from area's most affected.  The middle East, desert areas of Eurasia and Africa, and coastal areas will be hardest hit, and in fact many of these areas are already experiencing the negative effects of MMGW. It's already happening with the UN suggesting very 20mil people have already been displaced mostly due to climate change.

http://www.unhcr.org/uk/news/latest/2016/11/581f52dc4/frequently-asked-questions-climate-change-disaster-displacement.html

How many got displaced from the last iceage? 

You fucking alarmists kill me. :lol:

Oh the horror.