Was Mike the Hardest hitter in the game

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

just an animal

Yeah, when he was 19-22. Then he got involved with Robin Givens, and he was fucked-up from that day on. 

I believe at his best he would have knocked Cassius' head into the mat. 

29 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

Yeah, when he was 19-22. Then he got involved with Robin Givens, and he was fucked-up from that day on. 

I believe at his best he would have knocked Cassius' head into the mat. 

Certainly would have been interesting, Ali was smart smarter than all fighters so it would be a guess.  Once Tyson was figured out (how to stay clear of him) all it took was a few rounds to tire poor Mike out. 

I miss going to  the bars when Mike was fighting, don't go to the can or you will miss everything. 

Now some UFC fights have the same excitement

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Certainly would have been interesting, Ali was smart smarter than all fighters so it would be a guess.  Once Tyson was figured out (how to stay clear of him) all it took was a few rounds to tire poor Mike out. 

I miss going to  the bars when Mike was fighting, don't go to the can or you will miss everything. 

Now some UFC fights have the same excitement

Mile would have had to corner him early, and catch him with a hook. Ali was a great boxer. 

Just now, polaris550 said:

Mile would have had to corner him early, and catch him with a hook. Ali was a great boxer. 

best protector ever to box.  forearms covered his whole body.  add in the rope a dope.

Mike would have either punch himself tired or caught him hard. 

Mike wasn't smart as a boxer and just came out swinging which worked for quite a while - dumb as a stump

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

pound for pound i think julian jackson was the hardest hitter of all time. his hits were devastating and accurate.  

Had to google....55-6 with 49 KO's.:thumb:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Mike was definitely the best heavy weight EVER in boxing. 

MIke did for boxing what Ali did earlier - must of been exciting back in the 60's with home TV just becoming common

Tiger did for golf what Jack Did earlier

all will be compared with no conclusions other than the 4 posted are The Greats

All of them have 'Character ' that in itself creates excitement

39 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

pound for pound i think julian jackson was the hardest hitter of all time. his hits were devastating and accurate.  

lots of good ones pound for pound - speed it huge in the lighter weights

Heavy weight is the big leagues, Tyson would feel like getting hit by a truck, every punch was to knock you out :groin:

Edited by 1trailmaker

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

MIke did for boxing what Ali did earlier - must of been exciting back in the 60's with home TV just becoming common

Tiger did for golf what Jack Did earlier

all will be compared with no conclusions other than the 4 posted are The Greats

All of them have 'Character ' that in itself creates excitement

For sure. Unfortunately for Mike his behavior became a bit self destructive. Seems like once cus was gone the vultures got ahold of him. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

For sure. Unfortunately for Mike his behavior became a bit self destructive. Seems like once cus was gone the vultures got ahold of him. 

funny Tiger is similar

There is one big difference between those 4 Jack and Ali had class the whole way

48 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Julian Jackson blah blah. Yeah for his weight class he was a killer but nobody was like Tyson. 

Pound for pound I think the best fighter ever is Roy Jones jr. Guy is a natural.