Big rebound: 287,000 jobs added in June

Just now, racer254 said:

How many of these are publicly funded projects? 

100% he thinks he is a big roller and that shit is peanuts. You can't do 200 yards of sidewalk for 200K :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Momorider said:

100% he thinks he is a big roller and that shit is peanuts. You can't do 200 yards of sidewalk for 200K :lol: 

Not even close to 100% :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I bet 100% of his paycheck is from taxpayer funded projects.  Yet, he says he never takes any taxmoney.

45 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Dude you can paint the negative all you want for political purposes, the reality is it makes you like a jackass.

And it's not only Chicago, business is a booming in most areas of the country. I make it a point to always ask folks in other industries and geographic areas how is business, the consensus is it's good.

Make hay folks the sun is shining, and remember accentuate the positive and forget the negative :bc:

These are real hard hat and engineering jobs that will create housing and office space for business.

You keep telling yourself that Vince.   My industry is NOT booming.  I too talk all the time with customers and suppliers who supply for much more than my industry and I haven't had ONE tell me things are good in a long time.  

The only jackasses I see are the ones that think Hillary Clinton and more of Obama's policies would be good for America.  How much money coming into Chicago is being helped by Obama being POTUS?   Lets see if Clinton gets in if the same happens.   Pretty blind for supposedly a smart guy.  

Its admirable you beating off the Chicago economy but reality is its simply not that good.   Want to see a jackass look in the mirror.

You've just been owned.  :taunt:

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20160304/BLOGS02/160309901/the-conundrum-of-chicagos-economy

At a time when Chicago's job growth is markedly lagging both the nation's and most other big metros, a trade publication is reporting that metropolitan Chicago once again is leading the nation in luring new or expanded corporate facilities.

How can both be true? The study hints that different sections of the regional economy are headed in different directions, with downtown Chicago doing fine and the rest of the city and much of suburbia not as fine.

Edited by Highmark

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

At a time when Chicago's job growth is markedly lagging both the nation's and most other big metros, a trade publication is reporting that metropolitan Chicago once again is leading the nation in luring new or expanded corporate facilities.

Must have been written by a lib no doubt.:lol:

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

I have to twist arms to get EC's to bid on $1,000,000+ electrical packages.  Had 2 bidders on a larger project - low was $860,000, the other guy didn't really want it and was $1.05 million.  When W was in charge I'd have close to 15 bidders on a similar size project.  

Most jobs are in the $200,000 - $500,000 range and 3-4 bidders are usually all that bid because they have work lined up for the next 8-12 months.  Must be the bad economy :D

I would argue most busy contractors would not want to bid on a government contracts, its a whores market and 4 bidders gives you a 25% chance.

Are they bidding to an electrical distributor? Cause that seems quite odd.  Are they just quoting labor, sounds like a waste of time for any notables.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would argue most busy contractors would not want to bid on a government contracts, its a whores market and 4 bidders gives you a 25% chance.

Are they bidding to an electrical distributor? Cause that seems quite odd.  Are they just quoting labor, sounds like a waste of time for any notables.

Nope.  Direct to the end user or a GC.  Bids are turnkey and include labor and materials.  It's relative - when times are slow - contractors are looking for work.  When times are good - their schedules are filled and they are more selective.  I encourage engineers, architects, and end-users to allow a larger window and be more flexible with their completion dates.  Thus - more contractors will be interested if they don't fell pressured to complete the project in a short time frame. 

25 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Nope.  Direct to the end user or a GC.  Bids are turnkey and include labor and materials.  It's relative - when times are slow - contractors are looking for work.  When times are good - their schedules are filled and they are more selective.  I encourage engineers, architects, and end-users to allow a larger window and be more flexible with their completion dates.  Thus - more contractors will be interested if they don't fell pressured to complete the project in a short time frame. 

My former employer would always complain, the margins at the completion of government contracted projects were too low to be worth it.  I told hyim, so bid them for what they were actually worth, "we won't get them then".   That dumb fuck bean counter never learned and sunk himself.   

4 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Snoplumber is bitching....all the trades contractors I know are balls deep in work. 

Snoputz plumbing must not be a first rate contractor :snack:

You are nothing but a liar, period. If the trade contractors that you know are anything like yourself, they're sucking off taxpayer funded projects just like you. I operate in the real world, a place where you wouldn't stand a chance.

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Do you disagree that 287,000 will be the talk of the convention?

Do you disagree that if it continues into November that it becomes the juggernaut to carry Clinton in landslide to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave?

Will the talk be of less than 3% growth for every year of Obummer's term? I'll bet that truth will get a good leaving alone.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My former employer would always complain, the margins at the completion of government contracted projects were too low to be worth it.  I told hyim, so bid them for what they were actually worth, "we won't get them then".   That dumb fuck bean counter never learned and sunk himself.   

I know the economy is good by looking at the bid results.  Smart contractors make money when the sun is shining and sharpen the pencil when times are lean.  

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You are nothing but a liar, period. If the trade contractors that you know are anything like yourself, they're sucking off taxpayer funded projects just like you. I operate in the real world, a place where you wouldn't stand a chance.

Will the talk be of less than 3% growth for every year of Obummer's term? I'll bet that truth will get a good leaving alone.

I work with small, medium, and large contractors.  All are doing well across the board....private and public projects.  You're missing the boat if you're bitching and the real world you reference is passing you by.  But then again - you're such a hack if Willard were president with exactly the same economy you'd be on here telling everyone how busy you are.  Sucks to be you bro :bc: 

Edited by SnowRider

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I know the economy is good by looking at the bid results.  Smart contractors make money when the sun is shining and sharpen the pencil when times are lean.  

They bid on them to keep people busy in slower times when the private sector business was down.   We used to laugh when we looked at the winning bids that were below our costs.

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

I work with small, medium, and large contractors.  All are doing well across the board....private and public projects.  You're missing the boat if you're bitching and the real world you reference is passing you by.  But then again - you're such a hack if Willard were president with exactly the same economy you'd be on here telling everyone how busy you are.  Sucks to be you bro :bc: 

LOL at "missing the boat" there is no boat to miss, it's sinking with an administration that can't produce 3% growth. There is no bigger hack than you here ....make sure you keep slopping up those taxpayer funded projects there  Slop The Gravy Train Rider. :finger:

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

LOL at "missing the boat" there is no boat to miss, it's sinking with an administration that can't produce 3% growth. There is no bigger hack than you here ....make sure you keep slopping up those taxpayer funded projects there  Slop The Gravy Train Rider. :finger:

To be fair no G8 mature economy produced 3% growth since the last recession. 

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

To be fair no G8 mature economy produced 3% growth since the last recession. 

It has nothing to do with other countries, it has everything to do with Obama and how he compares with other presidents who were in office during a recession. The Obummer recovery is one of the worst,  if not the worst ever, when compared to previous presidents.

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It has nothing to do with other countries, it has everything to do with Obama and how he compares with other presidents who were in office during a recession. The Obummer recovery is one of the worst,  if not the worst ever, when compared to previous presidents.

:nuts:. Ignore the facts Snowputz :lol: Contractors in your market are booked a year out and are not complaining.  Meanwhile a second rate turd herder is on a forum complaining about the economy :lmao: 

1 hour ago, Rw06GT said:

It's going to be fun watching Trump hammer the Dems on the economy. 
They literally have no leg to stand on after the negro's lackluster performance. :news:

It's gonna be so easy it will be a slaughter. Here's another doozy I hope Trump brings to light.

President Obama’s horrible, terrible legacy on student loans

When he announced his candidacy in 2007, Barack Obama looked like he could be the one to finally stand up to the student lending system.  He was one of only two members on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) committee not to have taken money from the Sallie Mae PAC.  In this position he was privy to HELP Committee  and other reports detailing a broad swath of illegal and deceptive activities by the lenders, the universities, and even the Department of Education.

367504-education-loan

His rhetoric about making college “affordable” sounded great.  The deletion of most every standard consumer protection (like bankruptcy and statutes of limitations) from student loans had caused a hyper-inflationary market, and a systemically predatory lending system that was lives and livelihoods of millions of people. The nation’s student loan debt had skyrocketed to $450 billion, and the Department of Education had actually begun turning a profit on defaults.

So when Obama was elected, largely due to overwhelming support from young people, it was assumed that he would make things right. But he did nothing to bring back any standard consumer protections.  His administration did nothing to curb the predatory collection powers of the student lending system.  College prices increased faster than previously, and today the average undergraduate is now leaving school with $35,000 in debt, up from about $17,000 when Obama announced.

By the time Obama leaves office next year, the nation will have added $1 Trillion to its student debt tab.

What the Obama administration did do was great for the federal government, not the students.  Obama federalized the system to where the government now profits immensely from both interest on loans it makes directly to students, and defaults. To say that the federal government now sits atop the most predatory lending system in our nation’s history is not an understatement.

The various repayment programs that promise forgiveness are cruel jokes, administered in bad faith by a Department of Education that has zero desire or intentions of forgiving any loans.  I estimate that fewer than 15% of those signing up for these programs will actually make it through.  The rest will be expelled owing far more than when they entered.

Obama’s Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) was designed so as to give it essentially no jurisdiction over federal student loans.  The CFPB busies itself only with private student loans, which at least have statutes of limitations, and are covered under Fair Debt Collection Practices, and Truth in Lending laws (federal loans are not).  So the CFPB is no help.  Meanwhile, Obama’s lawyers fight furiously behind the scenes to keep bankruptcy protections gone from student loans in order to protect their cash cow.

This all happened on Obama’s watch.  He cannot avoid accountability for what is shaping up to be among the largest financial catastrophes this country has ever seen.  His pleasant disposition  does nothing to mitigate the cruel infliction of such massive harms upon the very citizens who put him into office.

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts:. Ignore the facts Snowputz :lol: Contractors in your market are booked a year out and are not complaining.  Meanwhile a second rate turd herder is on a forum complaining about the economy :lmao: 

You're such a lying sack of useless shit :lol::lol::lol:

11 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Oh, the left media used the same data against Stephen Harper cause he is a conservative.  It does not matter who the POTUS is, that growth will not be seen for some time.

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Do you disagree that 287,000 will be the talk of the convention?

Do you disagree that if it continues into November that it becomes the juggernaut to carry Clinton in landslide to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave?

Will you be up on the stage Vin ??  :bc: