The Russians are our friends.....U.S. sanctions Chinese and Russian companies for conducting business with North Korea

U.S. sanctions Chinese and Russian companies and individuals for conducting business with North...

Source: The Washington Post

U.S. sanctions Chinese and Russian companies and individuals for conducting business with North Korea

By Carol Morello August 22 at 10:39 AM

As part of a broad effort to isolate North Korea, the Treasury Department on Tuesday placed sanctions on Chinese and Russian individuals and firms it said had conducted business with the country in ways that advanced its missile and nuclear weapons program.

The sanctions against 10 companies and six individuals are designed to disrupt the economic ties that have allowed Pyongyang to continue funding its missile and nuclear program despite strict United Nations sanctions prohibiting it.

China in particular has been sore point. Though Beijing has tried to restrict transactions and supported an escalating series of U.N. sanctions, many Chinese companies continue to do business with the regime by supplying technology and hardware for its missiles.

The sanctions announced Tuesday were predominantly against Chinese companies that have dealt with North Korea by purchasing and selling coal, oil and mineral resources, or provided banking services that made the transactions possible.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-sanctions-chinese-and-russian-companies-and-individuals-for-conducting-business-with-north-korea/2017/08/22/78992312-8743-11e7-961d-2f373b3977ee_story.html

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Wasn't China was already putting pressure on NK along with Japan? 

Seems not enough. I would like to know who does business with NK

Both China and Russia are still commie countries

Edited by Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Seems not enough. I would like to know who does business with NK

Both China and Russia are still commie countries

Yes I understand they are still communist countries but if one or both along with more in the region are putting pressure on NK then we shouldn't really need to do anything at this point. 

Yes I understand they are still communist countries but if one or both along with more in the region are putting pressure on NK then we shouldn't really need to do anything at this point. 

I agree but I would like to know just what countries still trade with NK and what they actually trade.

Just now, Mainecat said:

I agree but I would like to know just what countries still trade with NK and what they actually trade.

Apparently Syria does since there was a shipment to their Chemical Arms intercepted recently 

Apparently Syria does since there was a shipment to their Chemical Arms intercepted recently 

and Russia supports the Syrians....anyone see a rat bastard at work here?

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Start over....."The Russians are our friends" Then go from there. It was sarcasm. They are not yet they have continued to do shadow business with NK

Should we impose sanctions on those untrustworthy, war mongering Japs? :lol: