Chassis Comparison 2007 Rev vs. 2009 M

12 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Once is more than zero so yeah.........

Probably will keep the M....any ideas on why the brakes are so mushy....they have been bled but I seem to remember reading somewhere that DD sleds are just this way.

try bleeding them ? I never had any break issues on any of my M or XF that caliper can be a real cunt to get off if it has never been done I can tell you that about the M chassis . and that dubbel bearing on that side is a real cunt also  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

You must have short legs....my knees hurt like crazy being at that angle...xp was much better...

XP was much better for me too. The ability to change your riding position over the locked in Rev ride was a huge improvement.

I remember buying my Rev in '03 and just loving it on trashed out local trails..... until I did a long ride on smooth trails and then I hated it.

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Probably will keep the M....any ideas on why the brakes are so mushy....they have been bled but I seem to remember reading somewhere that DD sleds are just this way.

Sleds have brakes?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 3:34 PM, Biggie Smails said:

I don't think my M8 is useless around here whatsoever although I'm not a hardcore diamond pounding kind of guy and it works well offtrail/x country and on those occasions we get a good dumping of snow it shines. Being that it's an HCR it works a little better on trail. I have a trade offer for a 2007 Summit XRS 151 plus some cash plus it's nice to talk sleds around here once in awhile.:thumb:

Stick with your HCR..............those Rev Summits were lumber wagons....pretty much hadn't figured out how to work off trail and sturned like locomotives.

HCR is a great machine, pop on the mountain seat and rip it. My Oh 9 Crossfire was still one of my favorite sleds ever.

On 8/21/2017 at 7:37 PM, Biggie Smails said:

How many miles on the HCR? Coud be a bad bearing behind the disc. Really only thing that failed on my Cat at 5000 miles, with Webba, about 4 hours from the truck.

OK fellas thanks for the input...not sure what my fascination is with that XRS...I have issues. Hey Pump if there are any issues with any of those bearings in the DD should I replace with stock or upgrade? My HCR only has 2300 on the clock. My only issue is a mushy brake lever...bled them several times but still soft...any ideas?

Edited by Biggie Smails

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

OK fellas thanks for the input...not sure what my fascination is with that XRS...I have issues. Hey Pump if there are any issues with any of those bearings in the DD should I replace with stock or upgrade? My HCR only has 2300 on the clock. My only issue is a mushy brake lever...bled them several times but still soft...any ideas?

I did mine with stock, off the shelf bearings. Somehow I fucked something up and a spacer ended up in the wrong place. I rode it one day and it welded itself to the bearing.

Took it out and ground it down and rode the next season like that. Kinda made the DD noisy but seemed fine otherwise. The shaft moves around when the bearings toast and pushes the caliper open so there is a big gap when you squeeze the lever. If you're sure you got all the air out of the brake system, I'd look there next.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, s pump said:

I did mine with stock, off the shelf bearings. Somehow I fucked something up and a spacer ended up in the wrong place. I rode it one day and it welded itself to the bearing.

Took it out and ground it down and rode the next season like that. Kinda made the DD noisy but seemed fine otherwise. The shaft moves around when the bearings toast and pushes the caliper open so there is a big gap when you squeeze the lever. If you're sure you got all the air out of the brake system, I'd look there next.

TY sir....will take a look at that. :thumb: