Chassis Comparison 2007 Rev vs. 2009 M

• Platinum Contributing Member

How about a sled topic fellas....2007 Rev vs 2009 M. Interested in things like ergos, durability, rideability etc.....not asking for any particular reason....just curious.....:ashamed:

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

How about a sled topic fellas....2007 Rev vs 2009 M. Interested in things like ergos, durability, rideability etc.....not asking for any particular reason....just curious.....:ashamed:

Well how many people are going to have rode both let alone owned both to accurately give input.  

ergos bone stock go to the rev ...put a mountain seat on the M and that tips the scales to the M ....durability is hands down the cat by about 1000x ....

as far as ride quality? Its tough to say for you being a flatlander. The m-series is basically useless in lower michigan and the rev summit series is as well. I had a 141 m7 and it did ok on the trail and was ok offtrail but a xf700 would have been better everywhere in the midewest except the deep spots in the yoop. Renegade vs crossfire? I'd say you only need to put the mountain seat on the xf and it is better everywhere than the doo.....aside from mpg that is...but your doo motor if bigger than a 600 is a ticking bomb so wgaf about mpg

basically there is nothing the rev did better than the laydown cat motor sleds once a proper seat was put on the cat , also the cat had a better motor in every sled from 700 to 1000 over the 800's of that doo era

Ive ridden both...if you are tall the rev sucks....the telescopic handlebars on the cat are a great option....id go with the cat personally....the doo 800 motors are ticking time bombs and that alone would make the decision easy.

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ive ridden both...if you are tall the rev sucks....the telescopic handlebars on the cat are a great option....id go with the cat personally....the doo 800 motors are ticking time bombs and that alone would make the decision easy.

I'm tall and the rev fit me perfectly ....the angle it forced my legs into was exactly how I ride...up on the tank

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm tall and the rev fit me perfectly ....the angle it forced my legs into was exactly how I ride...up on the tank

You must have short legs....my knees hurt like crazy being at that angle...xp was much better...

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

You must have short legs....my knees hurt like crazy being at that angle...xp was much better...

I'm about 6'5 and fairly proportional ......I dont have bag knees and was pretty skinny the last time I owned a rev. The xp was better but the ergos werent that much better. It was just a much better handling sled

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm about 6'5 and fairly proportional ......I dont have bag knees and was pretty skinny the last time I owned a rev. The xp was better but the ergos werent that much better. It was just a much better handling sled

We dont agree on much... :lol:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

We dont agree on much... :lol:

:lol: for what its worth I dont seem to read much from many tall guys that loved the rev....It just happened to fit me like a glove

Just now, f7ben said:

:lol: for what its worth I dont seem to read much from many tall guys that loved the rev....It just happened to fit me like a glove

I did fit like a glove...but....my knees couldnt take the angle for long...i went to the rt chassis and it had just a bit more room and it was all it took

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I did fit like a glove...but....my knees couldnt take the angle for long...i went to the rt chassis and it had just a bit more room and it was all it took

I can see it bothering the knees....it just never bothered mine

I don't think my M8 is useless around here whatsoever although I'm not a hardcore diamond pounding kind of guy and it works well offtrail/x country and on those occasions we get a good dumping of snow it shines. Being that it's an HCR it works a little better on trail. I have a trade offer for a 2007 Summit XRS 151 plus some cash plus it's nice to talk sleds around here once in awhile.:thumb:

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

I don't think my M8 is useless around here whatsoever although I'm not a hardcore diamond pounding kind of guy and it works well offtrail/x country and on those occasions we get a good dumping of snow it shines. Being that it's an HCR it works a little better on trail. I have a trade offer for a 2007 Summit XRS 151 plus some cash plus it's nice to talk sleds around here once in awhile.:thumb:

I just threw that little shot in there for you :lol: It would have to be a pile of cash as you would be taking a serious step back from your sled , like $1500 or more and the rev would need to be low miles and very nice 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

yup the rev chassis always hurt my knees. Although I think it handled and rode better than the XP/XS chassis does by far.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's like deciding between a cuntwagon and dickcycle. Both are fucking gay. 

nah , by that point in sled evolution everything is ridable and able to be enjoyed. I love riding cat laydown chassis sleds

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

If you dont want guy's making passes at you at intersections and bars then stay away from the rev.   :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

If you dont want guy's making passes at you at intersections and bars then stay away from the rev.   :bc:

Well the wife has been pissing me off for the last 10 years so I'm thinking Gay might be the way to go. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Agreed. Although I do ride all the way up in the xp as well it's just nice to be able to push back. Having the same issue on my motorcycle. Feels more comfortable being up and forward but I really want to be able to strtch my legs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

fuck that keep the M over that time bomb

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

you prob get your dick sucked a lot more .

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

fuck that keep the M over that time bomb

Once is more than zero so yeah.........

Probably will keep the M....any ideas on why the brakes are so mushy....they have been bled but I seem to remember reading somewhere that DD sleds are just this way.