Carville: Melania Hit Was Inside Job

Carville: Melania Hit Was Inside Job

The words lifted from Michelle Obama's 2008 speech that were included in Melania Trump's speech at Monday night's Republican National Convention were an inside job intended to hurt GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, says Democratic operative James Carville.

"I think they were done in," Carville said Tuesday on the "The Mike Lupica Podcast."

Carville said it is only a theory, but he has run it by five or six people experienced in national politics, and "no one says this is nuts."

Urgent: Dick Morris Reveals Hillary’s Dirty Tricks in Shocking Bestseller – More Info Here

Carville noted that many Republicans have told him they feel the only way to save their party in light of Trump's nomination is for Trump to "lose big" in November.

With a virtual "sweatshop" of speechwriters churning out speeches for conventions, one was likely to be a Republican who doesn't like Trump, Carville said. The paraphrased words of Michelle Obama's 2008 Democratic National Committee speech were put into the Melania Trump speech, then, once the speech was delivered, that person contacted the press and alerted them, according to the theory.

No one in the Trump campaign caught the error because the campaign is too disorganized, he said.

Carville admitted his is a "20 percent theory," but added, "My guess is that they were intentionally done in with this."

Carville is a longtime associate of Bill and Hillary Clinton. Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager, earlier Tuesday said the whole dustup was over nothing and was planted by the Hillary Clinton campaign.

I said this yesterday.

I think she was intentionally sabotaged.

She probably wrote out a rough draft of what she wanted to say and somebody else said "look, this sounds a lot better and I think it is clearer."

No, Fing way someone thought they would get away with  stealing a few year old speech. 

Edited by Cold War

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I just had lunch with a guy who had the same thoughts, I'm not one to believe in conspiracies but I can see some dirt leg pulling a stunt like that. As I said before someone needs to be fired for that speech. 

Well the established republicans dont like him and the democrats dont like him, the Mexicans, Hispanics, blacks and most women hate him.

Kinda narrows it down to a million or so people behind it.

Ruth Bader-

"He is a faker," she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that."

Ruth Bader...."I am sorry"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Well the established republicans dont like him and the democrats dont like him, the Mexicans, Hispanics, blacks and most women hate him.

How can such a feeble old fuck like you paint with such a big broad brush....go lay down Mancini.

and yet he seems to have a 50/50 chance of a win.

Ruth Bader-

"He is a faker," she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that."

Ruth Bader...."I am sorry"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Did that POS resign.?