fresh garden veggies

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

other neighbors gave us two huge zucchinis and the wife used them to make dogfood :lol: fuck that zucchini shit 

I used to hate zucchinis & summer squash. I tried it again last summer and eat it all the time now. We season it with garlic powder, cracked pepper and sea salt. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I used to hate zucchinis & summer squash. I tried it again last summer and eat it all the time now. We season it with garlic powder, cracked pepper and sea salt. 

We bread and fry zucchini. Not the healthiest but really good. 

• Like 1

Wife makes little zucchini pizza's .  Pretty tasty as far as zucchini goes.

Buddy had us rolling the other week, telling us about violating his wife with a cucumber and having a nice salad with it later on.

59 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Wife makes little zucchini pizza's .  Pretty tasty as far as zucchini goes.

Buddy had us rolling the other week, telling us about violating his wife with a cucumber and having a nice salad with it later on.

Wait.....wut?:stop:

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

I've never been a gardener but our neighbors all do it .......the chick down the street gave us a bunch of tomatoes and peppers and stuff. We made salsa yesterday and I filled a qt jar and sent it back down to them as a thank you. God I love home made fresh salsa. Just delicious 

Anyways , holy fucking shit are fresh garden vegetables 100000x better than the shit we are fed from the grocery. The tomatoes are to die for.....the peppers are just so much better.

What the fuck is the tasteless shit that the major growers serve up and why does it have to be that way. Fucking grocery store tomatoes taste like cardboard compared to these fresh ones

I love the local stuff that's grown here , totally different than the supermarket swill :bc:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I love the local stuff that's grown here , totally different than the supermarket swill :bc:

Tomatoes, Green Beans, Cukes, Peppers.....not to mention the local orchards grow some great apples. :thumb:

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Tomatoes, Green Beans, Cukes, Peppers.....not to mention the local orchards grow some great apples. :thumb:

As I remember it's orchard country. Cherry and apple. 

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

As I remember it's orchard country. Cherry and apple. 

Good memory.......Traverse City has The Cherry Festival every summer....huge industry around here as are apples. Also there are a lot of vineyards on The Leelanau and Old Mission Peninsulas.....apparently their location as it relates to Lake Michigan creates the perfect climate for growing grapes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Wait.....wut?:stop:

She fries them on a cookie sheet, with mozzarella and what not and you dip them in pizza sauce. Not a fan of zucchini, but they are actually pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

She fries them on a cookie sheet, with mozzarella and what not and you dip them in pizza sauce. Not a fan of zucchini, but they are actually pretty good.

Are we still talking about the ones that had been marinated in Vaginal Oil? :lol:

2 hours ago, Shifty said:

We bread and fry zucchini. Not the healthiest but really good. 

my fav is fresh beans from the garden

fry up a lb of bacon then a quick heat up of the beans in the bacon grease crumble the bacon over the beans . oh so fucking good and oh so healthy . well it is green any way  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Are we still talking about the ones that had been marinated in Vaginal Oil? :lol:

Lol,. We don't bring veggies into the sack with us....that's my buddies thing.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

We did a pumpkin patch for 8 years. I regraded the yard and put up a fence. No more gardens. New produce market a few blocks from the house took the wind out of my sail.

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

last yr I got 2 pumpkin plants in a gal container  well 1 must have been miss marked because they were dills Atlantic style . 2 of them I had to have 2 buddy's help me get them on a cart to bring to the fr yard had to be way north of 160 lbs  .  

• Thanks 1