Air show weeken(d) tally

• Platinum Contributing Member

Zero killed at the 100 year anniversary Air Show at Selfridge ANG Base this past weekend. Place was packed too! I'm sure there was a few killings in Detroit though 

1 minute ago, hwytohell said:

Yup, the Woodward dream cruise , Back to the bricks in flint , plus the reopening of the Onondaga dragstrip , no shootings or stabbings.

Went back down yesterday morning  to buy some shirts.  Amazing how clean it was.  Other than the road being marked with burnouts, you would never know it went on.  

57 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

My GF kept complaining about the smell of weed at the Cruise Saturday. People were really chill the whole time...except for her! :stoned: 

Where were you at.........Pontiac? 

The biggest show of police I have ever seen . SWAT everywhere.  I saw very few people getting pulled over. I think they were more focused on the big trucks.

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Where were you at.........Pontiac? 

The biggest show of police I have ever seen . SWAT everywhere.  I saw very few people getting pulled over. I think they were more focused on the big trucks.

Started in Pontiac at the loop, went down to Ferndale then back up to 59...took hours with the exception of our stop at Red Coat for a burger. Most of the weed smell was down in in Royal Oak / Ferndale area. And yeah the "car show" the SWAT teams put on in the median was excessive to say the least. Cops on foot, ridding petal bikes, on horseback, UTV's, dozens and dozens on motorbikes, many in siezed vehicles etc. they were all over the place  

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Started in Pontiac at the loop, went down to Ferndale then back up to 59...took hours with the exception of our stop at Red Coat for a burger. Most of the weed smell was down in in Royal Oak / Ferndale area. And yeah the "car show" the SWAT teams put on in the median was excessive to say the least. Cops on foot, ridding petal bikes, on horseback, UTV's, dozens and dozens on motorbikes, many in siezed vehicles etc. they were all over the place  

Did the Pontiac loop for the first time in years, Saturday. Had a bad experience with a drunk, trying to get in car while we were driving down the road years back. My daughter was young at the time and it freaked her out.

Good burgers at the Red Coat!  We got up top at Dugans yesterday........pretty cool bar.

That surprises me people were burning down in Royal Oak, they are almost a police state.  One year there was a cop actually walking down the sidewalk looking to see  in peoples cups  for beer. Ferndale doesn't surprise me. My son lives down there, pretty liberal city.

Yup, I love how cops have street rods with POLICE slapped   on the side.  :lol: 

29 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Did the Pontiac loop for the first time in years, Saturday. Had a bad experience with a drunk, trying to get in car while we were driving down the road years back. My daughter was young at the time and it freaked her out.

Good burgers at the Red Coat!  We got up top at Dugans yesterday........pretty cool bar.

That surprises me people were burning down in Royal Oak, they are almost a police state.  One year there was a cop actually walking down the sidewalk looking to see  in peoples cups  for beer. Ferndale doesn't surprise me. My son lives down there, pretty liberal city.

Yup, I love how cops have street rods with POLICE slapped   on the side.  :lol: 

One guy driving lime green Plymouth Duster was just blazing away. We go stuck in traffic next to him a few times...right under 696 down in that valley :lol: Up on the north end in Pontiac had the least cops by far and also the most black strips on the roads bar none. First time I ever went around that loop myself and it get's a little crazy up there in that area. Complete opposite of the Royal Oak / Ferndale sections.

I was a little surprised seeing kids riding up on top of the roll cages of Jeep Wrangles and some of the more safety concerning type stuff but all in all only one or two people pulled over that we noticed.