Tire kicking today

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

A simple search on google will show alot of issues with frames cracking on aluminum trailers.

a simple search on web MD will show you are about to die . but most are just fine

only issue I have had with a alloy trailer was the gasket went to shit where axial attaches to alloy frame. that was on a trition clam . had my guy weld some plate on both sides where alloy started to pitt . my buddy still has it original wiring and all it was a 02 or 03   

Edited by Ez ryder

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

A simple search on google will show alot of issues with frames cracking on aluminum trailers.

I'm sure that's true as there are probably 10's of 1000's more sold over steel trailers.. Aluminum trailer manufacturing  began due to so many rusted out steel trailers, you never saw aluminum sled trailers in the early 70's, pretty close to all sled trailers were steel.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I'm sure that's true as there are probably 10's of 1000's more sold over steel trailers.. Aluminum trailer manufacturing  began due to so many rusted out steel trailers, you never saw aluminum sled trailers in the early 70's, pretty close to all sled trailers were steel.

Im talking enclosed though.

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Im talking enclosed though.

I've only had 3 of those, still have an aluminum Rance Renegade..2001 V-Nose, looks brand new, well except the paint is chalking a little. 

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

Edited by XCR1250

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

a simple search on web MD will show you are about to die . but most are just fine

only issue I have had with a alloy trailer was the gasket went to shit where axial attaches to alloy frame. that was on a trition clam . had my guy weld some plate on both sides where alloy started to pitt . my buddy still has it original wiring and all it was a 02 or 03   

Again I honestly dgaf what has happened to you....i have an aluminum enclosed with a cracked frame....a few buddies have as well....ive never cracked a steel frame trailer and ive had a bunch....and most of them i had were in ontario.....ontario is the rust capital of the world. :lol:

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I've only had 3 of those, still have an aluminum Rance Renegade..2001 V-Nose, looks brand new, well except the paint is chalking a little. 

IMG_0091.JPG

You keep saying it looks brand new :lol:

My 2014 is pretty much new....and looks brand new. :lol:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Again I honestly dgaf what has happened to you....i have an aluminum enclosed with a cracked frame....a few buddies have as well....ive never cracked a steel frame trailer and ive had a bunch....and most of them i had were in ontario.....ontario is the rust capital of the world. :lol:

enjoy your steel trailers . how many guys still build them is it 2or 3 to pick from  .

I saw 1 last year when I picked up my hybrid deal .

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

enjoy your steel trailers . how many guys still build them is it 2or 3 to pick from  .

I saw 1 last year when I picked up my hybrid deal .

Are you retarded or something... :lol:

Are you talking open flat deck trailers or enclosed?

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Because I'm always using & loaning my trailers I constantly have to check them over, the only trailers I've owned which were rusted out and cracked frames were the steel ones, now I realize some guys may over-load or otherwise abuse their trailers and then there are cheap rather poorly made trailers so I have no doubt there are cracked frame Aluminum trailers out there, but steel trailers have the same issues as far as I've seen with cracked frames even though you almost never see steel anymore. I should take some pics of my old steel 4 place at the Bar 400 feet down the road, it's got so many welded on patches and is now pretty close to unfixable, the Bar owner recently bought a 12 foot aluminum, said never again steel.

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

who is the one buying a new steel trailer every few years living in the rust belt .

Every trailer i bought when I lived in ontario i made money on when i sold it. :lol: you guys sell them for so cheap. :lol:

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Because I'm always using & loaning my trailers I constantly have to check them over, the only trailers I've owned which were rusted out and cracked frames were the steel ones, now I realize some guys may over-load or otherwise abuse their trailers and then there are cheap rather poorly made trailers so I have no doubt there are cracked frame Aluminum trailers out there, but steel trailers have the same issues as far as I've seen with cracked frames even though you almost never see steel anymore. I should take some pics of my old steel 4 place at the Bar 400 feet down the road, it's got so many welded on patches and is now pretty close to unfixable, the Bar owner recently bought a 12 foot aluminum, said never again steel.

Ya i remember debating with you one time about how tight the bolt should be on a hub.... 

35 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

No , yours is all cracked up and beat to shit. The Ice roads up there must fuck up trailers?

59 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

steel sled trailers in MN winters are done in less than 6 yrs . again out west where they use no chemicals I see guys with older steel sled trailers that are just fine

We had a Freedom branded steel frame trailer.  What a piece of shit.  I saw it last winter and man, that thing is looking tough.  It was corroding the aluminum skin at 3 years old.