Hey Tom whats your opinion on these?

Dave

Those are cool but I think most people these days lean toward a tailgater style dish that is small and you just set it up when you get to where you are going.  My new Motorhome has a Winegard Inmotion dish on it.  Reports are they work fairly good.  I don't subscribe to Dish Network or Direct TV so we don't use the satellite.  From my understanding, the problem with hard mounted satellites is you have to be in an area free of trees and other obstacles for them to pick up the satellite.  The "tailgater" style can be placed on the ground and you can move them around so trees and obstacles aren't in the way.   

Here is just one of many available  

https://www.dishformyrv.com/dish-tailgater/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=CjwKCAjww9_MBRAWEiwAlaMJZhVR9QlTek39Qj4y9nTjUvB6HzYUjp04jVi8UNJyAdMPxiHIuitHAhoCLmYQAvD_BwE

DISH_Tailgater_Side_Angle__96370.1483114

At this point we aren't inside enough to justify a satellite dish.  We can normally get 20-40 HiDef OTA channels with our antenna.  If we want to watch a movie we just stream through Netflix or VUDU, HULU, Amazon or one of the dozen free or basically free movie streaming venues.  In the few instances where we don't have Wifi or Cell service we might watch a DVD is we are hard up enough to watch TV.  

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Those are cool but I think most people these days lean toward a tailgater style dish that is small and you just set it up when you get to where you are going.  My new Motorhome has a Winegard Inmotion dish on it.  Reports are they work fairly good.  I don't subscribe to Dish Network or Direct TV so we don't use the satellite.  From my understanding, the problem with hard mounted satellites is you have to be in an area free of trees and other obstacles for them to pick up the satellite.  The "tailgater" style can be placed on the ground and you can move them around so trees and obstacles aren't in the way.   

https://www.dishformyrv.com/dish-tailgater/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=CjwKCAjww9_MBRAWEiwAlaMJZhVR9QlTek39Qj4y9nTjUvB6HzYUjp04jVi8UNJyAdMPxiHIuitHAhoCLmYQAvD_BwE

At this point we aren't inside enough to justify a satellite dish.  We can normally get 20-40 HiDef OTA channels with our antenna.  If we want to watch a movie we just stream through Netflix or VUDU, HULU, Amazon or one of the dozen free or basically free movie streaming venues.  In the few instances where we don't have Wifi or Cell service we might watch a DVD is we are hard up enough to watch TV.  

Thanks for the info Tom.....I have a dish that I set up outside already....lol.

My neighbor at the campground was raving about his mobile set up...figured id ask you...it a chunk of change but seems much easier....plus the fact ive broken a few LNBs the last couple of yrs and been without tv a nite or two...i know i know...tvs not that important...but happy wife happy life.

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That seems like a nice unit since its automatic. 

A stump and a real dish works fine too lol

You can always use http://www.dishpointer.com/  to find any satellite coordinates for Dishnet directv or Belltv

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

Thanks for the info Tom.....I have a dish that I set up outside already....lol.

My neighbor at the campground was raving about his mobile set up...figured id ask you...it a chunk of change but seems much easier....plus the fact ive broken a few LNBs the last couple of yrs and been without tv a nite or two...i know i know...tvs not that important...but happy wife happy life.

She's the only one who watches sat at home or at the cottage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

That seems like a nice unit since its automatic. 

A stump and a real dish works fine too lol

You can always use http://www.dishpointer.com/  to find any satellite coordinates for Dishnet directv or Belltv

Got to be pretty much the definition of useless if you can't hit 91/82.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Got to be pretty much the definition of useless if you can't hit 91/82.

not really if you are traveling south, the angle changes quite dramatically, and if you are running both sats then the skew becomes very important.....

I used to install sats without special meters

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

not really if you are traveling south, the angle changes quite dramatically, and if you are running both sats then the skew becomes very important.....

I had to change everything out here in bc....i usually dont have to change skew.

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

It set a few up and have to reposition a few times every couple of years up north since iys mounted on s leaning tree.  Lol.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It set a few up and have to reposition a few times every couple of years up north since iys mounted on s leaning tree.  Lol.

lol I have mine on a leaning post but only get 91 since trees are in the way, going to move it again one day. 

At home I have a 5 bar for sats although 3 arean't used anymore, sad day that was

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

you basically moved west along the skew line, if you go south that skew will move

It takes me less then a minute to find a signal usually....that is not why i want the mobile one.