Neoliberalism: the idea that swallowed the world

That was a good read. This part is so spot on i feel it needs to posted. :bc: 

What any person acquainted with history sees as the necessary bulwarks against tyranny and exploitation – a thriving middle class and civil sphere; free institutions; universal suffrage; freedom of conscience, congregation, religion and press; a basic recognition that the individual is a bearer of dignity – held no special place in Hayek’s thought. Hayek built into neoliberalism the assumption that the market provides all necessary protection against the one real political danger: totalitarianism. To prevent this, the state need only keep the market free.

29 minutes ago, bussman said:

That was a good read. This part is so spot on i feel it needs to posted. :bc: 

What any person acquainted with history sees as the necessary bulwarks against tyranny and exploitation – a thriving middle class and civil sphere; free institutions; universal suffrage; freedom of conscience, congregation, religion and press; a basic recognition that the individual is a bearer of dignity – held no special place in Hayek’s thought. Hayek built into neoliberalism the assumption that the market provides all necessary protection against the one real political danger: totalitarianism. To prevent this, the state need only keep the market free.

Poor poor NeoStoner :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Poor poor NeoStoner :lol: 

You do know "conservatives" were on board with this thinking themselves. 

Not sure why you say poor Moto when he's against this other than that you're trying to take your Dumbest Forum Member title back from SnowIceSlingMC. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bussman said:

Not sure why you say poor Moto when he's against this other than that you're trying to take your Dumbest Forum Member title back from SnowIceSlingMC. 

day in and day out momo shows a lack of comprehension that rivals that of my shitzhu ......he is easily the dumbest motherfucker I have encountered in my going on 2 decades of internet participation. Just fucking dumb

40 minutes ago, bussman said:

You think NeoStoner is a free market believer :lmao: you're as fucking clueless as Bipolarhooknose and NeoStoner combined 

Bill Clinton and Tony Blair, it was said, had abandoned the left’s traditional commitments, especially to workers, in favour of a global financial elite and the self-serving policies that enriched them; and in doing so, had enabled a sickening rise in inequality.

Clinton and Blair and every other prominent politician of the last 20 years. We are fucked

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You think NeoStoner is a free market believer :lmao: you're as fucking clueless as Bipolarhooknose and NeoStoner combined 

the article espouses the idea that reliance on the "free market" and as such deference to it as the arbiter of policy is ultimately responsible for the stunning wealth concentration , wage stagnation and significant amplification of natural market cycles and so on 

but we all know you are too fucking dumb to understand any of the article or even what I just typed ........now get back to flinging shit you fucking cock hound

Edited by f7ben

It isn’t only that the free market produces a tiny cadre of winners and an enormous army of losers – and the losers, looking for revenge, have turned to Brexit and Trump. There was, from the beginning, an inevitable relationship between the utopian ideal of the free market and the dystopian present in which we find ourselves; between the market as unique discloser of value and guardian of liberty, and our current descent into post-truth and illiberalism.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the article espouses the idea that reliance on the "free market" and as such deference to it as the arbiter of policy is ultimately responsible for the stunning wealth concentration , wage stagnation and significant amplification of natural market cycles and so on 

but we all know you are too fucking dumb to understand any of the article or even what I just typed ........now get back to flinging shit you fucking cock hound

Cock gobbeling Bipolarhooknose mindless anarchist fascist wanabee tollitarian FUCK posts what? :fuckoff: 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It isn’t only that the free market produces a tiny cadre of winners and an enormous army of losers – and the losers, looking for revenge, have turned to Brexit and Trump. There was, from the beginning, an inevitable relationship between the utopian ideal of the free market and the dystopian present in which we find ourselves; between the market as unique discloser of value and guardian of liberty, and our current descent into post-truth and illiberalism.

While some of us on here may be considered the "winners" in this scenario, you should still support brexit and trump. You have to blind not to see how a lot of folks have been fucked over.

37 minutes ago, Edmo said:

While some of us on here may be considered the "winners" in this scenario, you should still support brexit and trump. You have to blind not to see how a lot of folks have been fucked over.

But the Brexit and the Trump era will not help them......its just a too late reaction and tantrum to being fucked by a system that has turned into the largest self feeding monster in mankinds history. The only way it ends is in blood and lots of it 

51 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That one stood out to me too. 

Just now, bussman said:

That one stood out to me too. 

I'm not picking sides on this one completely  ......the idea of a truly free market is something I subscribe to. The issue is that its nearly impossible to implement without some form of oversight. Once you start to regulate it inevitably you are picking winners and losers and we have seen that spiral out of control recently. 

The only thing I can possibly see as any sort of right direction solution is de-centralization and minimizing the influence and power that exist inherently in our federal government and the financial markets.

Neoliberalism. Alt left. Same thing. They aren't liberals, they're democrats. They think what they're told to think and that's it. If you need any proof of this look no further than slinger, rump rider, Wince and MC.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'm not picking sides on this one completely  ......the idea of a truly free market is something I subscribe to. The issue is that its nearly impossible to implement without some form of oversight. Once you start to regulate it inevitably you are picking winners and losers and we have seen that spiral out of control recently. 

The only thing I can possibly see as any sort of right direction solution is de-centralization and minimizing the influence and power that exist inherently in our federal government and the financial markets.

I'm with you on this. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yet you just deep throated NeoStoner :guzzle: make up you mind you bipolar clown :flush: 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Neoliberalism. Alt left. Same thing. They aren't liberals, they're democrats. They think what they're told to think and that's it. If you need any proof of this look no further than slinger, rump rider, Wince and MC.

It's relative to time, that's part what the article points out. FDR or JFK would disgusted by what the modern neoliberal is. My hope is Trump's behavior continues to expose both party's corruptions as to burn them to ground and quality people take them both over.