I got it bad!!!!!11

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Ben I've built over 1000 single engine piston planes and working on jet ASN 28 right now, as well as 10 or so experimental fuselages. Questions during your build ask away.

orca-image-1485373027016.jpg_1485373027485.jpeg

Very cool! :thumb:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

There is an old air strip on my lake also, could drop me off some Coors light!  The old Covington strip he's the guy who patented the body bag in the Vietnam era.

That's a helluva patent....eeesshh.

10 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

There is an old air strip on my lake also, could drop me off some Coors light!  The old Covington strip he's the guy who patented the body bag in the Vietnam era.

Awesome.....I'll have many questions for sure. I'm going to likely go with the largest wheels I can fit under fairings and operate mostly off grass strips. The more I read about guys who fly it seems they are obsessed with traveling around the midwest going to fly-ins and landing on all sorts of private grass strips and flying together etc etc. Pretty tight knit community it seems. Sounds like a freaking good time. 

I've read completely through a few builders manuals and what concerns me most is getting the plane rigged perfectly.

I'm your guy. I install flight controls and rigging on the jets. It's not that bad it's all cables, pulleys, turnbuckles, and jam nuts... and lots of safety wire. Buy a quality smart level and sharpen up your precision measuring skills. You're about to learn a different language.

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

I'm your guy. I install flight controls and rigging on the jets. It's not that bad it's all cables, pulleys, turnbuckles, and jam nuts... and lots of safety wire. Buy a quality smart level and sharpen up your precision measuring skills. You're about to learn a different language.

Awesome .....hows the jet project going. It was certified and in production?

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

I go to the fly in every year at the Two Harbors airport, went to Air Venture in Oshkosh in 2002.

I should have went Osh this year but my parents were down here for 2 weeks over that time.......next year for sure.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Awesome .....hows the jet project going. It was certified and in production?

Certified and in production. Serial #14 delivered 2 weeks ago. I can't talk about specifics but theres some pretty cool celebrities coming through touring the plant.

14 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Certified and in production. Serial #14 delivered 2 weeks ago. I can't talk about specifics but theres some pretty cool celebrities coming through touring the plant.

awesome , wish I had a couple million burning a hole in my pocket

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Awesome.....I'll have many questions for sure. I'm going to likely go with the largest wheels I can fit under fairings and operate mostly off grass strips. The more I read about guys who fly it seems they are obsessed with traveling around the midwest going to fly-ins and landing on all sorts of private grass strips and flying together etc etc. Pretty tight knit community it seems. Sounds like a freaking good time. 

I've read completely through a few builders manuals and what concerns me most is getting the plane rigged perfectly.

We have two of those types of runways here. :bc: 

11 minutes ago, bussman said:

We have two of those types of runways here. :bc: 

Yup , they are actually all over the place. There is a nice one just about 5 miles south of me. I was looking at google earth yesterday and it looks like they have 2 five or six place t-hangers there also. Would be freakin sweet if I could get a hanger spot at a nice grass strip that close to my house