Check your account email address ×

Congressional Pensions. Yes or No

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

talk to all the people who lost a shit load of money not too long ago and ask them how fast they think it went....

another crash could be right around the corner. luckily for us, the last situation was handled quite well. the next time, perhaps not. I don't 100% agree with your last statement. were the people who lost their "pot to piss in" not too long ago at fault?

I was one that lost a shitload, it was cut in half on 07-08. It always comes back. Always. Look at the history of the market. There is some ups and downs but the overall upward trend is undeniable. If you're not watching your investments you will not do as well. Can't just put it in and forget about it. 

IMO no pensions-  politics should not be a career it should be a way to serve our fellow citizens for a limited time.  Term limits in place with no pensions and return them back to the real world and take a new group in on a rolling basis to keep ideas fresh and truly be representative of the people.

Let them to contribute to a 401k with a match typical of corporate america so they aren't not earning retirement benefits during that period.  

Edited by Angry ginger

17 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Red herring for the Mouthbreathers.  It's a nonissue in the whole scheme of things except if you're as dumb as Doe Dumber. 

not at all .

hell no . matching 401k contribution with no more than 15% of there yearly salary for any state or federal worker .

and no more insider trading for congress punishable by death

clear enough for you ? 

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

IMO no pensions-  politics should not be a career it should be a way to serve our fellow citizens for a limited time.  Term limits in place with no pensions and return them back to the real world and take a new group in on a rolling basis to keep ideas fresh and truly be representative of the people.

Let them to contribute to a 401k with a match typical of corporate america so they aren't not earning retirement benefits during that period.  

Spot on. These fat pensions are killing state and federal budgets across the country. It's just not sustainable.

The only way you "loose everything" on your 401k is to have all your eggs in one basket. You just broke rule number one.

Edited by Edmo

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Lets push a bunch of SNAP programs, all kinds of free money, free education, and allow them to be able to stay on mommy's and daddy's healthcare until 26, that should really get people thinking about their retirement.  The more liberals can push the government welfare, the less responsible people have to be for their own welfare.  Democrats own that mentality.  Way to go, make as many people depend on the government tit, all under the guise of compassion.  That should really make people think about their well being later in life.  Wait, I thought we were talking about congress and their pensions.  HA

We can afford those as a democracy contrary to the republican beliefs. If we cut out half our military spending and toss out the MIC and their lobbyists that has a stronghold on congress.

Building a better society for all is whats best for America.

Pensions are what they are. If you can get one good for you if not you better save for your future.

As a product of the welfare system I never forget how it helped my family move up and be successful and contribute to a better society.

Edited by Mainecat

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

We can afford those as a democracy contrary to the republican beliefs. If we cut out half our military spending and toss out the MIC and their lobbyists that has a stronghold on congress.

Pensions are what they are. If you can get one good for you if not you better save for your future.

20 trillion in debt and you say we can afford it!?!?!?  I don't consider giving free handouts building a better society

Edited by racer254

Just now, Snoslinger said:

so you never stated you'd have supported sanders? :news:

I said I voted for him in the primary...I felt he was the best democrat.  You can describe that in whatever way you would like.

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I said I voted for him in the primary...I felt he was the best democrat.  You can describe that in whatever way you would like.

:lol:

so then the answer is "yes" as I said, and my thought process is fine :bc:

Edited by Snoslinger

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Lets push a bunch of SNAP programs, all kinds of free money, free education, and allow them to be able to stay on mommy's and daddy's healthcare until 26, that should really get people thinking about their retirement.  The more liberals can push the government welfare, the less responsible people have to be for their own welfare.  Democrats own that mentality.  Way to go, make as many people depend on the government tit, all under the guise of compassion.  That should really make people think about their well being later in life.  Wait, I thought we were talking about congress and their pensions.  HA

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

I thought you were a Bernie supporter?

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

That's been your problem since day one.  You're consistently incorrect with your thought process.  

23 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so you never stated you'd have supported sanders? :news:

21 minutes ago, racer254 said:

:lmao:

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so why are you bashing sanders policies, if you supported Bernie?

I thought you understood the "anyone but Hillary" sentiment. To that end why not vote for Bernie? :news: 

slinger, You failed to understand the difference between voting for someone and supporting them.  You have proved it every time you say that trump voters are also trump supporters.  There is a difference dude, but that's not what you want to believe.

Edited by racer254

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

slinger, You failed to understand the difference between voting for someone and supporting them.  You have proved it every time you say that trump voters are also trump supporters.  There is a difference dude, but that's not what you want to believe.

hey dumb ass - you voted for Bernie in the primary. that tells me you supported sanders and a lot of his core policies. that is fine, I did too. but the difference here? I'm not running around bashing the policies that made me a fan of Bernie. that is you. we all know why.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

hey dumb ass - you voted for Bernie in the primary. that tells me you supported sanders and a lot of his core policies. that is fine, I did too. but the difference here? I'm not running around bashing the policies that made me a fan of Bernie. that is you. we all know why.

What about character? His voting record? Just like any politician you agree with some of his policies and disagree with others. 

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

What about character? His voting record? Just like any politician you agree with some of his policies and disagree with others. 

bernie, as a whole, represents all the things racer "pretends" to bitch about in front of others. racer is a coward, and a dumb one at that.

Edited by Snoslinger

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

bernie, as a whole, represents all the things racer "pretends" to bitch about in front of others. racer is a coward, and a dumb one at that.

Awe, did I hurt your feelings.  Sorry if you can't understand why I voted for someone, yet I may not like their policies.

Edited by racer254

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

As a product of the welfare system I never forget how it helped my family move up and be successful and contribute to a better society.

Illinois and Connecticut seem to be having a tough time affording all the things you speak of. 

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Illinois and Connecticut seem to be having a tough time affording all the things you speak of. 

Yup a few do.

Look at the Canadians here, all of em seem very happy except for that boil momo.