As many as 13 dead in Barcelona terrorist attack.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Breaking news.   Van drove down crowded sidewalk.   Gunman possibly held up in bar.  

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/17/barcelona-terror-attack-at-least-13-reported-dead-after-van-plows-into-popular-tourist-area.html

Graphic warning

Edited by Highmark

Wow. Spain has been largely able to avoid this stuff, and hasn't let in all the immigrants like the other European countries. I'm curious as to who is responsible. Wife and daughter were just there a couple weeks ago. 

Just now, Edmo said:

Wow. Spain has been largely able to avoid this stuff, and hasn't let in all the immigrants like the other European countries. I'm curious as to who is responsible. Wife and daughter were just there a couple weeks ago. 

ISIS related would be my guess.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

jesus...

unfortunately these asshats found a new, effective way of terrorism. why it's not happening here on larger scales I have no idea. but I suspect it's coming, and soon.

We saw a version of that over the weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

jesus...

unfortunately these asshats found a new, effective way of terrorism. why it's not happening here on larger scales I have no idea. but I suspect it's coming, and soon.

I agree and for the most part its difficult to impossible to stop.  

Won't be long and a coordinated multi vehicle, multi city attack will happen in the US.

Every now and then when I'm in crowds easily accessed by vehicles I look around for outlets to safety.

College football games are a horribly vulnerable place.   Thousands on the streets walking to the games.   Many of these stadiums do not have huge parking areas and are right in the middle of the campus.   U of I is for sure.  

AR-306219952.jpg

640_s-120908-ts-130.jpg

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

why I said "on larger scales"

I'm guessing that was more spontaneous than planned. I agree at some point we will see a larger scale attack happen. Plenty of soft targets to choose from

Barcelona is a beautiful city. 

It's cool to walk the streets and see Roman structures built right into the more modern buildings.   There's a large section of town that the streets aren't accessible to vehicles because they are so narrow due to being built in ancient times before cars.

Sad that this type of thing is happening all over the world.  Idiots

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

It's cool to walk the streets and see Roman structures built right into the more modern buildings.   There's a large section of town that the streets aren't accessible to vehicles because they are so narrow due to being built in ancient times before cars.

its been invited in. I don't want any injuries or deaths but I really have no sympathy for Europe and the disaster its become.

23 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Yeah it was pretty cool. The Gaudi buildings and park as well as the church that's been under construction for close to 100 years. 

Waiting for Trump to tweet that there were good people on both sides of this conflict. 

24 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

its been invited in. I don't want any injuries or deaths but I really have no sympathy for Europe and the disaster its become.

What did you say when people said the same thing about 9/11?

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

Ever since they've been scattering Muslims everywhere hey

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in Europe. This is too bad.

The only hope to stop this is from within Islam.  100's of millions of them agree with these kinds of attacks.   One has to wonder how little it takes to from there to actually willing to carry it out.  

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The only hope to stop this is from within Islam.  100's of millions of them agree with these kinds of attacks.   One has to wonder how little it takes to from there to actually willing to carry it out.  

I agree. You cant "defeat" terrorism, in order to stop it you need to change attitudes.

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I agree. You cant "defeat" terrorism, in order to stop it you need to change attitudes.

hard to do with the massive inbreeding issue. Not really dealing with rational people

Interesting to read the different responses from the "Nazi" attack to this one.  "What a beautiful city".  "Trump just quoted something stupid..."  "this is sad".  Hmmmm.....no frothing at the mouth here.  No, "...hostory has taught us....".  Just "sadness".  And I have a feeling this wouldn't matter if it happened downtown USA.  Meh.....it's all good.

There is really only one way to curb this....avoid it by all means.  An institutional re-education system and "kindness" won't get this done.  If anything, we can learn that much from Europe.

Islam tree.jpg

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

If it happened in CT the legislature would make a law limiting vehicle gas tanks to 1 gallon.