donny disbands his coveted business council.

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Let me get to a real keypad when my shit gets fixed......

Just wait here on the edge of your little chair....

I can't wait for the paragraphs long semi-coherent tirade. 9_9

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I can't wait for the paragraphs long semi-coherent tirade. 9_9

Well, honey....you're gonna have to.

Wait, do you want a "tirade" or an explaination?  I can do either....I can do both actually.  

Dealers choice.   Or really, let's be honest, why even bother?  Right?

8 September, 2017

Dear Diary,

I disagreed with SSFB's opinion today sending him into an emotionalionally intellectual self- righteous spin.  For some reason, he enjoys my poetic waxing on here.

P.S. I think he's in love with Momo also.

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You think any billionaire pays more taxes than they have to :lol::lol2::lmao: FUCK THAT'S HILARIOUS, idiot

No, you idiot. That's precisely the fucking point. Amazon follows the law and Trump is singling them out because he's a vindictive pussy. He's got a beef with Jeff Bezos.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, honey....you're gonna have to.

Wait, do you want a "tirade" or an explaination?  I can do either....I can do both actually.  

Dealers choice.   Or really, let's be honest, why even bother?  Right?

8 September, 2017

Dear Diary,

I disagreed with SSFB's opinion today sending him into an emotionalionally intellectual self- righteous spin.  For some reason, he enjoys my poetic waxing on here.

P.S. I think he's in love with Momo also.

Go play with your friend SnowRider, you're both on the same level at least.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Easy now - Lil Momo does not deserve such an outstanding compliment 👍

How's the anybody but Hillary/Third Party idealism working out for you? :snack:

19 minutes ago, SSFB said:

:lol: and :lmao: .  I am getting your nickname now; "Emotional Joel" :lol:

I almost don't want to post this pic cuz it will make SeRena happy and even get him to crack a smile on his bitter face, but I'm gonna throw him a bone anyway...cuz...SERIOUSLY?

Image result for gary johnson

Gary ran a shitty campaign and in hindsight there were better people for that nomination. See, the difference between some of you and me is I have no qualms about admitting the weaknesses of people I support.

Gary did however have honesty and integrity which is something that neither Hillary or Donald will ever have, so Gary was a better candidate than either of them. 

51 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Easy now - Lil Momo does not deserve such an outstanding compliment 👍

How's the anybody but Hillary/Third Party idealism working out for you? :snack:

I voted for the best candidate out of the three, I wouldn't change my vote. 

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

No, you idiot. That's precisely the fucking point. Amazon follows the law and Trump is singling them out because he's a vindictive pussy. He's got a beef with Jeff Bezos.

The tax laws are outdated for Amazon, they are getting away with tax evasion as are it costomers and you are a fucking a moron :finger: 

Just now, Momorider said:

The tax laws are outdated for Amazon, they are getting away with tax evasion as are it costomers and you are a fucking a moron :finger: 

They're following the law, so no, there's no tax evasion. 

Funny you were just commenting earlier about how I supposedly thought people should pay more taxes than they are required to and here you are saying that Amazon is getting away with tax evasion. :lol:

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

I missed the explanation of how what I said didn't make any sense. 

Amazon is competing in the marketplace just like any other company. Why do you think Trump is singling them out?

What do you mean "they don't take them in"? Amazon collects sales tax on purchases from every state that has a sales tax.

Trump is singling them out because Bezos owns the Washington Post and that chaps poor Donny ThinSkin's vindictive ass.

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

The leaked Tax return showed Trump paid huge taxes you ignorant know mind :lol:

The tax return that Trump leaked?

It really is meaningless without context.

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

They're following the law, so no, there's no tax evasion. 

Funny you were just commenting earlier about how I supposedly thought people should pay more taxes than they are required to and here you are saying that Amazon is getting away with tax evasion. :lol:

No they are not, they are avoiding paying taxes and collecting taxes, guaranfuckingteed this is going to change. You're :wrong: 

6 minutes ago, Momorider said:

No they are not, they are avoiding paying taxes and collecting taxes, guaranfuckingteed this is going to change. You're  

Amazon collects sales tax on their sales in every state that has sales tax. Explain how they are avoiding taxes.

Trump's Wrong - Amazon Does Collect Sales Tax And Wants All Online Sellers To Do So

President Donald Trump has shown himself to be slightly behind the times here, he has accused Amazon of not paying internet taxes--by which we all assume he means collects sales tax upon online purchases. That is entirely out of date, it used to be true that Amazon was entirely happy in not doing so but it has changed its mind. Not only does it now itself collect such taxes everywhere they apply it backs measures to make sure that every online seller does so as well.

The really interesting part of this is what has changed to make Amazon change its mind--and no, it's not some outburst of altruism. It's that Amazon's structure has changed, meaning that under current law it pretty much has to collect sales taxes everywhere. That being so why not support a law that makes all those who wouldn't have to under current law do so?

Trump's tweet is here:

The #AmazonWashingtonPost, sometimes referred to as the guardian of Amazon not paying internet taxes (which they should) is FAKE NEWS!

As CNBC points out, Amazon does in fact collect sales tax in every state that it applies:

Amazon, the online retail giant, is collecting sales taxes nationwide on purchases. President Donald Trump seemingly took a swipe at the internet juggernaut suggesting otherwise on June 28.

As of April 1, Amazon began collecting sales taxes on purchases across the country, with the exception of states that don't have a sales tax: Alaska, Delaware, Oregon, Montana and New Hampshire.

So, the President's a little out of date there. But what's changed is this:

It’s also possible that Trump is referring to internet sales taxes in his tweet. For years, Amazon’s stance that it shouldn’t have to collect sales taxes for purchases in states where it doesn’t have a physical presence was a hot-button policy issue. But that’s old news. In its quest for ubiquity, Amazon has decided it needs to open distribution centers everywhere. It now collects sales tax in every state that has one.

And that's the interesting bit about the story. For it most certainly used to be true that Amazon backed the basic law of the land. You only have to collect sales taxes if you're selling in a state where you've a (usually substantial) physical presence. Thus when Amazon only had such presence in a few states it quite merrily didn't collect. As the system has rolled out so that it does have presence in near all states then collection in all of them became the policy. So far so good, just a company obeying the law. But as I've pointed out before it doesn't stop there:

So what brought the turnaround, to where Amazon is arguing that there should be sales tax on all internet sales? That "physical location" thing above. You can only get away with not charging sales tax in a state if you've no physical presence in that state. If you've got one, say a warehouse, then you do have to charge that sales tax. This is very clear in law, very clear indeed. And Amazon is building out its network of stores to the point that it now thinks that imposing the sales tax on everyone is a good idea. Presumably the calculation is that they've now got warehouses in enough states that they're going to be collecting a lot of sales tax anyway. Their price advantage in many markets has gone. And worse, those who are smaller and still selling from only one or two locations, in perhaps one state or two, now have the price advantage over Amazon. So, start to argue that everyone should be collecting sales tax so that Amazon loses only the last vestiges of the advantage it once had but most of its online competitors lose the advantage they have over Amazon.

As it turns out Amazon is on exactly the opposite side of the argument than that indicated by Donald Trump. Personally I think that's actually the worse position but that's another matter.

Update: Just to clarify, as this seems to be causing some confusion in the comments, Amazon collects sales taxes in every state which has them on its own direct sales as of April 1 this year. Third party sellers may or may not do so.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2017/06/28/trumps-wrong-amazon-does-collect-sales-tax-and-wants-all-online-sellers-to-do-so/#44cfc2332962

14 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Trump is singling them out because Bezos owns the Washington Post and that chaps poor Donny ThinSkin's vindictive ass.

So you're ok with a few rich guys owning all of the media outlets? I thought the left hated the rich? Oh wait...he's on your team. Never mind. :lol: 

31 minutes ago, Momorider said:

no that isn't true, its only the consumer that is getting away without paying taxes.  Trumps is saying YOU  AS A TAXPAYER NEEDS TO PAY MORE.    There is no other way to look at this.

For Amazon to be guilty of tax evasion they would have collect tax and keep it

this is about the 3rd time Trump has said the people will pay more

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Edmo said:

So you're ok with a few rich guys owning all of the media outlets? I thought the left hated the rich? Oh wait...he's on your team. Never mind. :lol: 

46 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Wut 

Edmomo is: 

IMG_3106.GIF

47 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Wut 

Funny how you dorks make heros out of some people just because they oppose Trump. Last week it was the idiot McCain. 

I can only imagine who is next. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

When in History have so many people turned down a chance to be on committee with the President of the United States?

The money they could make, by affecting policy is obviously not worth it. 

Well since Tangerine Twittler decided he'd rather be the President of the Confederacy than of the Union, they probably figured it would make more sense to wait it out until their was a real President again.