WHEN THE KLAN HAD POWER

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Can anyone name an prominent KKK members that were dems that switched parties?

I can name a few that stayed dems during the whole platform reversal that libs like to talk about.

Can you explain how that's relevant in 2017? Is, "But the KKK aligned with Democrats 50 years ago!" really the best you've got?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Can you explain how that's relevant in 2017? Is, "But the KKK aligned with Democrats 50 years ago!" really the best you've got?

I was debunking the theory that the parties switched platforms.   

Define what makes the GOP the more racists of the two parties?  I'm not talking about the fringe neo nazis groups but the legislation passed or party agenda that has racial motives.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Wildboer said:

Why are we're pissed off about statues? Can you explain why that's relevant today?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Why are we're pissed off about statues? Can you explain why that's relevant today?

Oops.   

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I was debunking the theory that the parties switched platforms.   

Define what makes the GOP the more racists of the two parties?  I'm not talking about the fringe neo nazis groups but the legislation passed or party agenda that has racial motives.  

You can't debunk something that's true.

Voter ID, War on Drugs, Mandatory minimums, Civil Rights in the judiciary, unjust fiscal policy, and on and on. Almost everything the right stands for honestly.

31 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Seriously? You can't call the left petty for trying to get a statue taken down as a way to justify a neo-nazi rally to fight the removal of the statue. The neo-nazis lost that high road when they protested.

Just now, Wildboer said:

Voter ID, War on Drugs, Mandatory minimums, Civil Rights in the judiciary, unjust fiscal policy, and on and on. Almost everything the right stands for honestly.

Seriously? You can't call the left petty for trying to get a statue taken down as a way to justify a neo-nazi rally to fight the removal of the statue. The neo-nazis lost that high road when they protested.

Voter ID?   Typical the left thinks AA's are not capable of obtaining voter ID's.   :lol:  Who is more racist?  

War on Drugs?  Both left and right have perpetuated that and I agree, legalize them all.

Mandatory Minimums?   Again there have been support on both sides.   Bill Clinton all but invented it.   I'm against it for drug usage related offenses but not violent crime.  

Civil Rights in the Judiciary?   You'll have to do better than that broad statement.

Unjust Fiscal Policy?   :lol:   You're kidding right?   America has an extremely progressive tax structure.   The wealthy (who can be any race) pay a much higher % of taxes than income they make. 

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

And what is wrong with that?  

The last sentence-This is a complicated issue if you ask me.  Nobody gets the right to destroy public or private property because they feel like it.  History cannot be erased.  HOWEVER, some of these statues were erected a bit late in the "confederate movement" to say they weren't put there to remind negroes "who is boss".  I don't give a shit about those.  But taking them down by mob order?  No.  And sooner or later, citizens will start to protect these statues...and when that happens, well, the law will be on their side also.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Voter ID?   Typical the left thinks AA's are not capable of obtaining voter ID's.   :lol:  Who is more racist?  

War on Drugs?  Both left and right have perpetuated that and I agree, legalize them all.

Mandatory Minimums?   Again there have been support on both sides.   Bill Clinton all but invented it.   I'm against it for drug usage related offenses but not violent crime.  

Civil Rights in the Judiciary?   You'll have to do better than that broad statement.

Unjust Fiscal Policy?   :lol:   You're kidding right?   America has an extremely progressive tax structure.   The wealthy (who can be any race) pay a much higher % of taxes than income they make. 

Fuck you HM...I started all that shit then just left it as a question. :lol:

:bc:

6 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I guess you didn't understand the question, your answer was just drivel.

I'll try again.

Why are we pissed off about a civil war statue, but don't want to talk about racism in the past because it's not relevant today?

42 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Still are the organizer with white supremacist thing on the weekend was a Barry guy :flush: 

23 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Still are the organizer with white supremacist thing on the weekend was a Barry guy :flush: 

can you ever answer a question?

What difference does it make if this guy was "a Barry guy"?

You vote conservative yet you are on government assistants that makes you a Trudeau guy

Edited by 1trailmaker

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

can you ever answer a question?

What difference does it make if this guy was "a Barry guy"?

You vote conservative yet you are on government assistants that makes you a Trudeau guy

WRONG AGAIN FAIL stupidest FUCK on the planet posting more fabrication :lies: and :bullshit:

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Logistical issues aren't racist, making it harder for minorities to vote under the guise of fixing a voter fraud issue that doesn't even exist is.

Clinton isn't our president, the left is now widely against mandatory minimums and the war on drugs while the right is doubling down on them.

When it comes to civil rights in the courts liberals are aligned with minorities and conservatives simply are not. Affirmative action, the voting rights act, etc.

Our "extremely progressive" taxation system is wrought with so many complexities and loopholes the brackets rarely reflect anyone's effective rate.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And what is wrong with that?  

The last sentence-This is a complicated issue if you ask me.  Nobody gets the right to destroy public or private property because they feel like it.  History cannot be erased.  HOWEVER, some of these statues were erected a bit late in the "confederate movement" to say they weren't put there to remind negroes "who is boss".  I don't give a shit about those.  But taking them down by mob order?  No.  And sooner or later, citizens will start to protect these statues...and when that happens, well, the law will be on their side also.

Taking them down by mob order? I was under the impression a rational decision was made to remove the statue and Neo-nazis showed up to try and stop the removal by mob order....

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I guess you didn't understand the question, your answer was just drivel.

I'll try again.

Why are we pissed off about a civil war statue, but don't want to talk about racism in the past because it's not relevant today?

Racism in the past is relevant. Taking down a statue because we don't want to celebrate the people who seceded and fought to continue slavery isn't exactly comparable to bringing up Dixiecrats for political points though.

Just now, Wildboer said:

Logistical issues aren't racist, making it harder for minorities to vote under the guise of fixing a voter fraud issue that doesn't even exist is.

Clinton isn't our president, the left is now widely against mandatory minimums and the war on drugs while the right is doubling down on them.

When it comes to civil rights in the courts liberals are aligned with minorities and conservatives simply are not. Affirmative action, the voting rights act, etc.

Our "extremely progressive" taxation system is wrought with so many complexities and loopholes the brackets rarely reflect anyone's effective rate.

Taking them down by mob order? I was under the impression a rational decision was made to remove the statue and Neo-nazis showed up to try and stop the removal by mob order....

Racism in the past is relevant. Taking down a statue because we don't want to celebrate the people who seceded and fought to continue slavery isn't exactly comparable to bringing up Dixiecrats for political points though.

:lol:   I love today's youth.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   I love today's youth.  

I don't think you're all racist idiots, I'm just trying to point out that the optics aren't with you here. Neo-nazis and the KKK associate with the right for a reason, they agree with conservative social policy, they just want to push it even further.

Anyone with half a brain would understand why the south was solid Dem after the Civil War and until the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The solid south felt betrayed by LBJ and thus there was a solid effort by the Republicans to bring those disenchanted Dems into the R tent, and without question the R's succeeded in doing so.