Check your flywheel bolts!

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Lucky someone didn't get killed, I used to see similar explosions when I Drag Raced cars, never on my own car thank God.

A buddy of mine had a driveshaft let go on his dirt modified yrs ago...never did walk right again after that...sadly cancer got him a few yrs ago. :(

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

A buddy of mine had a driveshaft let go on his dirt modified yrs ago...never did walk right again after that...sadly cancer got him a few yrs ago. :(

Car flip end over end? Saw that once during a street race.

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Most series require a single driveshaft loop.  I have 3 in my cars and enclose it too for more protection.  I've seen driftshafts get the better of many drivers before.  

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Wow.  That's insane.  Is this a friend of yours? Wtf kind of car is that? 

Found it on Reddit.

• Like 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Car flip end over end? Saw that once during a street race.

No...he was leading the pack down the back stretch during a heat race...and drive shaft let go...it shattered his leg.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Most series require a single driveshaft loop.  I have 3 in my cars and enclose it too for more protection.  I've seen driftshafts get the better of many drivers before.  

Found it on Reddit.

I was required to run a"loop" in C/MP class.

37 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I had a drive shaft go on my old 94 ram at 70 on the freeway in the city .it some how caught something just right lifted the ass end off the road then bounced hard a few times. after I cleaned the shit out of my pants I was talking with a guy who was just behind me he said he saw the whole under side of my truck and admitted he also may have had a piece of pop in his pants

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I had a drive shaft go on my old 94 ram at 70 on the freeway in the city .it some how caught something just right lifted the ass end off the road then bounced hard a few times. after I cleaned the shit out of my pants I was talking with a guy who was just behind me he said he saw the whole under side of my truck and admitted he also may have had a piece of pop in his pants

A guy I knew was in a car that drove off the side of a bridge onto train tracks he admitted he shit himself :lol: full pant load

41 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Found it on Reddit.

We truck pull with a 2100hp motor. Drive shafts have 3 hoops each and u joints have an 8" long piece of thick wall pipe covering them. Seen some pretty nasty breaks but no one has gotten hurt with those as required equipment.

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I young racer we use to sponsor had the tranny fall off his car a couple summers ago.  Speared the gas tank on it's exit out the back.

12 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

We truck pull with a 2100hp motor. Drive shafts have 3 hoops each and u joints have an 8" long piece of thick wall pipe covering them. Seen some pretty nasty breaks but no one has gotten hurt with those as required equipment.

I was asking a friend of mine how much his pulling tractor makes.  He thinks it is in the 4000hp range.  No thanks!  

The big stuff like that is fun to watch, but I really want to see the carnage of a good truck up as some 20 something year old with his bro'dozer scatters a spendy piece of his truck down the track.  

my dodge deal went down on 100 just before Eden ave in Edina . the guy following me gave me a ride to the ford dealer in Eden prairie . I got a ugly ass turquoise blue hold over 98 f150 . no one wanted it for 2 yrs so they gave it to me cheep . my wife was like WTF is that lol .Like I give a shit for a work truck

Edited by Ez ryder

28 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I young racer we use to sponsor had the tranny fall off his car a couple summers ago.  Speared the gas tank on it's exit out the back.

I was asking a friend of mine how much his pulling tractor makes.  He thinks it is in the 4000hp range.  No thanks!  

The big stuff like that is fun to watch, but I really want to see the carnage of a good truck up as some 20 something year old with his bro'dozer scatters a spendy piece of his truck down the track.  

A young farmer from not far from here was killed a couple weeks ago while working on an old 4010 set up for pulling.  Story is he was fiddling with the injection pump while running and the motor "ran away".  I guess tried everything he could to shut it down but the clutch blew apart and damn nearly cut him in half.  Only early 30's.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sweet fuck!  What was the deal with Ben and his flywheel bolts a while back?  Something like this happen?

No. He had a weird vibration and parted the car out. Discovered they were loose on disassembly if I remember right.

Saw one of my buds blow his tranny into pieces in our HS parking lot. Funny as hell mostly, gears and parts rolling around and trans fluid everywhere. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Saw one of my buds blow his tranny into pieces in our HS parking lot. Funny as hell mostly, gears and parts rolling around and trans fluid everywhere. :lol: 

lol I just remembered in HS a bud drove his old mans new conversion van over to my house .

he rolls down the drive still rolling backwards floors it with a nice neutral drop. we all start pointing and laughing our ass off . for a few seconds he must have thought he was burning rubber . but no drive shaft was laying on the ground . then came the wish cotton was a monkey look on his face then most were on the ground laughing

th.jpg