Anyone get their health insurance premiums yet?

21 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Good luck with that , just scroll right on past

I need to quit engaging certain members here.  Need to hook the cattle prod back up to my nutsack and give myself a good zap every time I think about engaging them.  

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I need to quit engaging certain members here.  Need to hook the cattle prod back up to my nutsack and give myself a good zap every time I think about engaging them.  

:lol: ouch

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Several farmers that I know had theirs triple once it was implemented.  

oh when the exchanges opened and I had to use them my deductible went up 8 grand and the premium went up 250 a mo for 2 of us .now my deductible is at 20k and I am paying about 70% more than before the affordable care act . and from what I gather my broker is telling me to brace for  another 50 to 60% .

it is shit  I also have to do this bullshit every year now . before it just automatically renewed . now every fucking year we have to reapply for the same shit

how many of you guys are buying long term care insurance ?

after going through my mother-in-law shit it is looking expensive  but poss worth it .I don't know we are not even 50 yet but you never know and my mother in law was only 69 going in to memory care.

honestly looking more for my wife with hereditary shit like that pumping through her dna

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

how many of you guys are buying long term care insurance ?

after going through my mother-in-law shit it is looking expensive  but poss worth it .I don't know we are not even 50 yet but you never know and my mother in law was only 69 going in to memory care.

honestly looking more for my wife with hereditary shit like that pumping through her dna

If I ever get to that point, I want the Jack Kevorkian plan and I believe sooner than later assisted suicide will be legal.

I'd much rather leave my assets to my kids rather than give it to insurance companies or nursing homes.

• Gold Member

Obamacare....  Needs the young people to buy insurance but also required parents insurance to carry those young people until there 26.  Prior to obamacare you had these youngsters paying into the pool for services that they weren't using but now they don't have to until they hit 27 and can just take a small fine if they chose to not get insurance.  

Everything the republicans have tried on healthcare has failed.  The liberals and liberals alone own this mess.  

I will just have the Union make the employer pick up the extra cost so its no biggy what the premiums are to me.  It will just reflect with a few extra pennies extra in your electric bill is all. 

21 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

If I ever get to that point, I want the Jack Kevorkian plan and I believe sooner than later assisted suicide will be legal.

I'd much rather leave my assets to my kids rather than give it to insurance companies or nursing homes.

Oh I have no Intention on not popping all my drugs at some point . I am thinking more for the wife who has a family history of early onset memory loss . like I said we just put her mom in memory care at 69.

but that said I see the best scam in town is to piss away all your money except 2 years to 18 mo of payments to a nice assisted living apartment that takes Medicare. pay for your 18 mo then live on welfare in your assisted living apartment rent free for life. you get to keep 1 car they do your laundry clean the place cook all your meals . all on the tax payers dime .

we did not get her moms shit in order to fuck thy neighbor so we will be pissing through her money like water  for 8 to 10 years if she makes it that long before she qualifies for angel care ie welfare  

3 hours ago, SnowRider said:

I,wonder what's gonna happen to the premiums of Dumps white trash base... :snack:

The same thing thats gonna happen to the premiums of Hillarys white trash base you fucking moron. This is Obamacare. Own it asshole

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, Anler said:

Definitely exploring our options. Mine was already $1800 a month. So with that renewal with blue Cross it would almost double. That's ridiculous. I've seen 11%, 15% and even 18% but this is just dumb. 

Location, location, location.   Mine went down a tiny bit last year after large increases every year for a long time.  

We are BC/BS as well but have a pretty high deductible that we handle in house.  About $700/month for family plan.  

You top level plans people use HC too much according to Obamacare.   You now will qualify for the Cadillac tax.   Boom another 40%.:lol:  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Location, location, location.   Mine went down a tiny bit last year after large increases every year for a long time.  

We are BC/BS as well but have a pretty high deductible that we handle in house.  About $700/month for family plan.  

You top level plans people use HC too much according to Obamacare.   You now will qualify for the Cadillac tax.   Boom another 40%.:lol:  

My family is very healthy and we never use it. But some of the other people in our group have issues. Time to trim some fat!