Drill Baby Drill

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

SnowRider is not a very bright individual.  His knowledge and experience is very limited.  Hs should be thankful every day that some of us are willing to educate him on some of the more basic principals in life.  

:lol:

You're a gentleman and a scholar for taking that task on from time to time as most of us have long since given up hope. Kudos to you!!!

:bc:

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

At 40 - 50 bucks a barrel it shouldn't be more than 2 bucks , probly more like 170 imo , we're getting fucked

They are tacking extra taxes on it while it's still cheap. Then WHAM!!!111 $5 A GALLON!!!111

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, racer254 said:

I do have a question, why is diesel equal or greater than the price of premium gas now?  It used to be a lot less expensive and I thought it costs less to refine it.  So what gives?

cause everybody drives around in brodozers that use alot of diesel hauling a full load of air.

Edited by BOHICA

6 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I was working at a auto mfg corp office today. They don't see oil prices rising until 2022.  SUVs and Trucks are their focus for now.

BP is hedging on 5-7 years befor oil prices rise any appreciable amount. Obviously world turmoil could change that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

At 40 - 50 bucks a barrel it shouldn't be more than 2 bucks , probly more like 170 imo , we're getting fucked

The process it takes to refine crude oil into gasoline is fairly complex and fairly expensive. The feds and your state also add taxes to every gallon and that is added to the price. 

Keep in mind that only about 50% of the crude is actually made into gasoline. The residual crude is refined into other, less valuable components. Some of the residual crude is only worth about $.15 per gallon. 

After refining the gasoline there is regulatory compliance, transportation, marketing, retail sales, maintenance and storage. All these costs are added to the refined product after its been turned into gasoline. 

By volume gasoline is the most valuable component in crude oil. Everything else in the barrel has less value. 

I'm amazed we can make $2.40gal gasoline out of $50bbl oil. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
45 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So the bastards are making a hell of a profit on diesel vs gasoline. 

you get around half as much diesel per barrel of oil then gas. Maybe 10 or so gallons of diesel per barrel to 20 or so gallons of gas from a barrel of oil.   If your demand for diesel is up you have an influx of extra gas.  When Diesel was cheap only over the road trucks were running it along with boats and trains.  Now that every HD pickup you see haul air around use diesel you gas is a byproduct essentially in the refining of diesel to fill up Cummins, Duramax, and Powerstrokes.  I know for just my work truck everyday I work the refiners have to refine 2 barrels of oil just to fill my diesel work truck.  So there is 40 gallons or so of gas as a by product just from my work truck.  Got 5 of those diesel burners on my crew that use prolly the same amount of diesel.  Then if we bring in the big boys, bucket trucks and cranes we can go through alot of diesel in a day.  I figure pretty easily a day of work and burning diesel puts a few hundred gallons of gas out there.  

So when all these guys are driving around in these diesels hauling air cause they have a small penis complex they are just helping to make the price of diesel more then the price of gas.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

you get around half as much diesel per barrel of oil then gas. Maybe 10 or so gallons of diesel per barrel to 20 or so gallons of gas from a barrel of oil.   If your demand for diesel is up you have an influx of extra gas.  When Diesel was cheap only over the road trucks were running it along with boats and trains.  Now that every HD pickup you see haul air around use diesel you gas is a byproduct essentially in the refining of diesel to fill up Cummins, Duramax, and Powerstrokes.  I know for just my work truck everyday I work the refiners have to refine 2 barrels of oil just to fill my diesel work truck.  So there is 40 gallons or so of gas as a by product just from my work truck.  Got 5 of those diesel burners on my crew that use prolly the same amount of diesel.  Then if we bring in the big boys, bucket trucks and cranes we can go through alot of diesel in a day.  I figure pretty easily a day of work and burning diesel puts a few hundred gallons of gas out there.  

So when all these guys are driving around in these diesels hauling air cause they have a small penis complex they are just helping to make the price of diesel more then the price of gas.

:thumb: