Back to school already??????/

ckf

One of my friends that lives in Florida posted on Facebook that his kids started school today. That seems awfully early yo me.  Around here they go back around Labor Day. When do they go back to school where you are?

Kids start August 16th. I don't like it, I think it should start after Labor Day. They actually passed a law in Michigan where public schools have to start after the holiday.

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

One of my friends that lives in Florida posted on Facebook that his kids started school today. That seems awfully early yo me.  Around here they go back around Labor Day. When do they go back to school where you are?

My Neice in Virginias kids went back today also :dunno: 

Edited by Momorider

• Platinum Contributing Member

24th of August here.   About when we started when I was a kid.   One good thing is its High School football time!!!!!!!!!  My youngest is a Sr. this year so it will be bittersweet.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

24th of August here.   About when we started when I was a kid.   One good thing is its High School football time!!!!!!!!!  My youngest is a Sr. this year so it will be bittersweet.  

same here, what position does your son play?

Edited by snoughnut

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

same here, what position does your son play?

SS and Receiver.  Good ball player.   Got some interest from Harvard but he's not quite there academically. :lol:  

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

SS and Receiver.  Good ball player.   Got some interest from Harvard but he's not quite there academically. :lol:  

Funny, mine is the opposite. Strong academically and really good scores, but only slightly above average football player. He's had some interest to play in college from smaller schools but is not interested.

Good news is the team looks really good for his senior year. 👍

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Funny, mine is the opposite. Strong academically and really good scores, but only slightly above average football player. He's had some interest to play in college from smaller schools but is not interested.

Good news is the team looks really good for his senior year. 👍

He's is actually quite smart but doesn't apply himself as much as he should.   His memory is fantastic for things that interest him.   I have to say I was very similar when I was in school.

Football wise he was gaining some attention then he had Thoracic Outlet Surgery at the end of last summer's baseball season and had to sit all but 3 of the football games.  Junior year makes you in most sports.   His coaches thought he could be D1 at some level if he put some muscle on of which he didn't do enough.   He read QB's very well and is pretty hard nosed tackler.  

My oldest played NAIA football for 2 years but is not playing his junior year even though he had a good chance at a starting reciever position.   He is in ME and just can't do both this year with some of the outside engineering activities he's involved in.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

We always went back the Thursday after Labor Day.

Same here.  

Been thirty years and I'm still glad I don't have to go back to school.  :lmao:

Fuck,  I hated school. 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

We always went back the Thursday after Labor Day.

Yessir same here although there are two football games before school starts....wasn't like that in my day.

3 hours ago, ckf said:

They get out earlier as well.  We go back after Labor Day here.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Here's to a good season :bc: My youngest is a 6'2" 275 lb defensive tackle, he's also trying to break the school record for the squat lift. School record is 600 lbs., he's currently lifting 550lbs., my knees and back hurt just thinking about that much weight. :lol:

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Here's to a good season :bc: My youngest is a 6'2" 275 lb defensive tackle, he's also trying to break the school record for the squat lift. School record is 600 lbs., he's currently lifting 550lbs., my knees and back hurt just thinking about that much weight. :lol:

That's a big boy! At that size I'm sure he'll be getting some interest from colleges. I was 6'3" 175 in HS. :lol: