How long will it take for someone to show up LOL

What I brought home from my trip East. Only reason I didn't get more is because I didn't have any more room with our luggage and other stuff we brought back.

IMG_20170807_174847469_HDR.thumb.jpg.fbf9ac2c86ff61a930b8c6644efe69f0.jpg

Need to take a road trip to WI to get more Spotted Cows and Moon Man 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

One mans trash....  It's the same way here.  You can't drive by broken down busted up shit twice before somebody is out there pilfering through it.  One guy put a shit load of old busted up vinyl siding out by the road a few weeks back.  I'll be damned if some guy wasn't loading it up the next day.

I'll load up shit to go to the dump or, as they call it here, the "materials reclamation center". :lol: It's kind of a dump and a goodwill center all in one.  Nicest "DUMP" I've ever seen!  Anyway, I just wanna toss this this and they have me put it off to the side because "somebody can use it". :dunno:  Fine by me.  

My brother scored a free nice 121" track because it was missing 2 outside lugs.  I think it is a 1.25"er.  I'm thinking that is a $50 track at Princeton.  If only that kind of stuff was put out for free more often.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

My brother scored a free nice 121" track because it was missing 2 outside lugs.  I think it is a 1.25"er.  I'm thinking that is a $50 track at Princeton.  If only that kind of stuff was put out for free more often.

Fucking score.  My wife goes through shit like that on the side of the road.  They call it a yard sale. :lol: They do a big one up here on all along Park Point (you've probably heard of it).  Bet she spends 500 clams on shit because it was "such a good deal".   Most of what she gets is the shit I load up every year to bring to the dump. :lmao:

Bless her heart...she stays busy! :lol:

8 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

What I brought home from my trip East. Only reason I didn't get more is because I didn't have any more room with our luggage and other stuff we brought back.

IMG_20170807_174847469_HDR.thumb.jpg.fbf9ac2c86ff61a930b8c6644efe69f0.jpg

Need to take a road trip to WI to get more Spotted Cows and Moon Man 

Been a while since I've done Yuengling.  Good brew fo sho!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Fucking score.  My wife goes through shit like that on the side of the road.  They call it a yard sale. :lol: They do a big one up here on all along Park Point (you've probably heard of it).  Bet she spends 500 clams on shit because it was "such a good deal".   Most of what she gets is the shit I load up every year to bring to the dump. :lmao:

Bless her heart...she stays busy! :lol:

There is a flea market we go to a time or two a month.  Biggest in MN.  We usually end up with a funnel cake and a few bucks in Hot Wheels.  :bc:

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Wright County Swappers Meet, so pretty much, but there is no charge to park or walk in the gate.  

Probably more sled stuff too then Mower and Blower Days.

Yeah.  They've really let that place get junked up with shit.  Oh well.  Still not sure if I'm going yet or not.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Been a while since I've done Yuengling.  Good brew fo sho!

There isn't a beer that they make that I don't like. Not a big Porter fan, but I l really like theirs a lot.  Their Black and Tan is by far the best ever. 

Was a cool experience going to the brewery and seeing the whole process,including bottling. Can't wait til next year when I don't have to drive to Ohio to get it. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  They've really let that place get junked up with shit.  Oh well.  Still not sure if I'm going yet or not.

It isn't as bad at it use to be.  At least I haven't seen anyone selling pigeons at the new location, yet.   

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

It isn't as bad at it use to be.  At least I haven't seen anyone selling pigeons at the new location, yet.   

:lol:

It's a fucking experience there for sure.  We're just spoiled living this close.

On 8/11/2017 at 0:31 PM, Edmo said:

You in the corporate office in Chicago?

I am in Iowa at a manufacturing plant.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, Wildboer said:

So from a conservative standpoint what's the solution? As a liberal my mind jumps to preventing or regulating the mergers.

I started here when it was General Foods 28 years ago. As they have been bought up by all these different entities, it has been take take take. I realize that is the way of the world now and I am free to go other places. Thing is I would be giving up all my vacation and there really is not a lot of other options where I could make what I do now so I am riding it out as long as I can.

1 minute ago, 600ProX2 said:

I am in Iowa at a manufacturing plant.

I started here when it was General Foods 28 years ago. As they have been bought up by all these different entities, it has been take take take. I realize that is the way of the world now and I am free to go other places. Thing is I would be giving up all my vacation and there really is not a lot of other options where I could make what I do now so I am riding it out as long as I can.

Damn, 28 years is a good ride. I can imagine there's been a lot of change over that time period. I've moved 4 times in my life for work and never worked at one place more than 6-7 years. I admire your dedication.

:bc: 

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Damn, 28 years is a good ride. I can imagine there's been a lot of change over that time period. I've moved 4 times in my life for work and never worked at one place more than 6-7 years. I admire your dedication.

:bc: 

I really wish I was young again. LOL. It was really a pretty good gig up to about 4 or 5 years ago. I am a maintenance guy working mostly with PLC's and HMI functions. 

I heard that the shakedown in Chicago was pretty ugly. I knew a few who jobs were eliminated and they had been there a long time.

3 minutes ago, 600ProX2 said:

I really wish I was young again. LOL. It was really a pretty good gig up to about 4 or 5 years ago. I am a maintenance guy working mostly with PLC's and HMI functions. 

I heard that the shakedown in Chicago was pretty ugly. I knew a few who jobs were eliminated and they had been there a long time.

The other half that spon off is much worse.

30 minutes ago, 600ProX2 said:

Most that I knew left with a nice package, and have found other jobs. I think the biggest thing that affects people is the environment change, and it was a big one. 

29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Other half? 

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Most that I knew left with a nice package, and have found other jobs. I think the biggest thing that affects people is the environment change, and it was a big one. 

Other half? 

Yes the one that starts with M.

10 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Other half? 

That is true. I think after the initial shock that most had when they were cut at our facility was it probably was the best thing that could have happened. 

42 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I am assuming Mondelez?

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes the one that starts with M.

That was a couple years ago. Had nothing to do with 3G/buffet deal buying out Kraft. But yeah, had to off all those candies and treats that don't fit with the wholesome healthy family image Kraft wanted to project. :lol: 

1 minute ago, 600ProX2 said:

That is true. I think after the initial shock that most had when they were cut at our facility was it probably was the best thing that could have happened. 

I am assuming Mondelez?

Yup

Just now, Edmo said:

That was a couple years ago. Had nothing to do with 3G/buffet deal buying out Kraft. But yeah, had to off all those candies and treats that don't fit with the wholesome healthy family image Kraft wanted to project. :lol: 

The Cadbury shareholders were pissed when Kraft bought them so they got spun off with the snackfoods division.  There growth focus is non US.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

The Cadbury shareholders were pissed when Kraft bought them so they got spun off with the snackfoods division.  There growth focus is non US.

They bought Cadbury international. The cadbury in the US is a separate company owned by Hershey.