Is it too early to start talking about sleds?

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

QC has always been an issue with Cat.   I'm sure they learned from the requirements Yamaha put on them.   As far as clutching I think its Team that helped them.  

I've had/have 4 procross chassis sleds. 12xf turbo, two turbo xtx vipers and now a sidewinder xtx. There have been tons of chassis improvements since Yamaha got involved. Better fasteners, bearings(no more plastic cages), general build quality... The new bodywork is off in 30 seconds and a change to riv-nuts makes the belly panels removal another minute. Doesn't make getting to shit any easier tho, everything is packed pretty tight. :lol: 

Cat does their own thing for clutching so no yammie involvment there. I believe the recall was for a poorly machined casting that was cutting something but didn't pay much attention to it. I had good luck with my sled but some have had belt issues. Literally snapping them in half. The fix is on TY if you have problems.

Any plans for adding power? There's some good stuff coming out this year. I think I'm going to run Hurricanes 280 tune. You're going to love those qs3r shocks. :bc:

3 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

I've had/have 4 procross chassis sleds. 12xf turbo, two turbo xtx vipers and now a sidewinder xtx. There have been tons of chassis improvements since Yamaha got involved. Better fasteners, bearings(no more plastic cages), general build quality... The new bodywork is off in 30 seconds and a change to riv-nuts makes the belly panels removal another minute. Doesn't make getting to shit any easier tho, everything is packed pretty tight. :lol: 

Cat does their own thing for clutching so no yammie involvment there. I believe the recall was for a poorly machined casting that was cutting something but didn't pay much attention to it. I had good luck with my sled but some have had belt issues. Literally snapping them in half. The fix is on TY if you have problems.

Any plans for adding power? There's some good stuff coming out this year. I think I'm going to run Hurricanes 280 tune. You're going to love those qs3r shocks. :bc:

The turbos are so easy to mod. New tune and clutching and you're flying. :bc: 

7 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

The best Arctic Cats on snow say Yamaha on them...

6 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Does it come with a sunmer dress and some tampons 

I think the Poo models come with the Librul package.  Even includes a blank protest sign. :lol:

I just don't need an 800.  If the Snoxers and XC guys can clutch the 600's to work for them...I know I can.  Don't think I even hit more than 70-75 MPH on any of my rides.  it's corner to corner up and down 30-70 all day baby!!!!  My current sled is a fucking bitch to control now.  Geared and clutched like a racer but 800 in it. 

7 hours ago, 800 Dragon said:

CAT biggest piles in history of sleds lmfao why are they still in business ? Only thing worse is piece of shit mach z 

....and POO is right there with them, especially in the engine dept., POO took a flogging with the debacles known as the Fusion 900 & Liberty 800 CFI, 2 of the biggest POS engines ever developed.

Just now, Kev144 said:

:lol: hows the summer been? 

Pretty good. Busy with shit every weekend and just finally got up to the cabin to cut the grass and tidy up. Back up next weekend and couple in September then hunting and hopefully some early season sledding around Christmas. Fucking rains every weekend here to it seems. 

57 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think the Poo models come with the Librul package.  Even includes a blank protest sign. :lol:

I just don't need an 800.  If the Snoxers and XC guys can clutch the 600's to work for them...I know I can.  Don't think I even hit more than 70-75 MPH on any of my rides.  it's corner to corner up and down 30-70 all day baby!!!!  My current sled is a fucking bitch to control now.  Geared and clutched like a racer but 800 in it. 

Yeah.. that makes sense :bc:not the liberal thing:lol:

Out here we have a fair amount of straights ,so we usually can wind em up to 90ish regularly 

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah.. that makes sense :bc:not the liberal thing:lol:

Out here we have a fair amount of straights ,so we usually can wind em up to 90ish regularly 

Yeah, we only have one lake crossing and we go out of our way to not do that.  If we do, I hit 60 and just "one arm it".  I'm not usually dressed for that shit..freeze my nutolas off!  In the woods is where I play...and shit.

:lol:

Why do I feel like you already know all this from "next door"?

:lmao:

58 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Pretty good. Busy with shit every weekend and just finally got up to the cabin to cut the grass and tidy up. Back up next weekend and couple in September then hunting and hopefully some early season sledding around Christmas. Fucking rains every weekend here to it seems. 

i hear ya.  was off last week and weather was pretty good.  been a pretty meh summer weather wise.  Lots of rain and flooded areas this year.   Hopefully a good sledding season :bc: 

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, we only have one lake crossing and we go out of our way to not do that.  If we do, I hit 60 and just "one arm it".  I'm not usually dressed for that shit..freeze my nutolas off!  In the woods is where I play...and shit.

:lol:

Why do I feel like you already know all this from "next door"?

:lmao:

We have a few giant lake crossings, one is a good 30 minutes, so you better be dressed for that shit :flush:

But once you get to the other side ,it's endless forest trails...like what you ride. Lots of wooded areas ,switchbacks,liberal protesters, and shit like that :quaqmire:

As for already knowing your style.....it's still fun to talk sleds and trash eachother in the the process :lol:

Just now, xcr700 said:

We have a few giant lake crossings, one is a good 30 minutes, so you better be dressed for that shit :flush:

But once you get to the other side ,it's endless forest trails...like what you ride. Lots of wooded areas ,switchbacks,liberal protesters, and shit like that :quaqmire:

As for already knowing your style.....it's still fun to talk sleds and trash eachother in the the process :lol:

:bc:

34 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Lake Winnapegosis?

15 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Lake Winnapegosis?

Yupers.  I believe we've uses 3 different crossings on the big lake.  Getting across to hit Belair, back again bUT a little more north to hit Hecla Island, and another to hit Elk Island :rockernana:

1 minute ago, snopro31 said:

Thats Lake Winnipeg.

Lake Winnipegosis is on the west side of the province about 30 min from my place.  No trails cross it nor are near it.  Belair is Lake Winnipeg area.

I definitely know that,I live a few minutes away,but I think/hope Dave was fuckin around with the name .....Dave knows exactly where I am... sure he was just fooling around :bc:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

If you end up with a R-XC for next year, the clutching on them has been pretty darn good right out of the crate all 3 years.  I wouldn't even bother screwing with it.  Stud it, oil it, ride it.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Thats Lake Winnipeg.

Lake Winnipegosis is on the west side of the province about 30 min from my place.  No trails cross it nor are near it.  Belair is Lake Winnipeg area.

9 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I definitely know that,I live a few minutes away,but I think/hope Dave was fuckin around with the name .....Dave knows exactly where I am... sure he was just fooling around :bc:

Actually i wasnt fucking around...ive riden on Lake Winnapegosis a few times.  But ya you do live closer to the big lake. :bc:

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If you end up with a R-XC for next year, the clutching on them has been pretty darn good right out of the crate all 3 years.  I wouldn't even bother screwing with it.  Stud it, oil it, ride it.  

Yeah, that's what I've heard.  Ready to go out of the box less preference in picks and skis.  Although, I'm probably gonna put a Team Tied on it.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, that's what I've heard.  Ready to go out of the box less preference in picks and skis.  Although, I'm probably gonna put a Team Tied on it.  

What comes on them from the factory?