Is it too early to start talking about sleds?

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I towed my buddies sled out of the woods, sat there trying to get it started for an hour after I unhooked from him..I had spark, fuel, obviously air.. Pushed it in the trailer brought it to work the next day, let it defrost, still would not fire a day later.. called my dealer, he said hold it wide open and start it... FUCKING FIRED RIGHT UP!! 

That works for a while...but eventually the ecm will fail...a quick plug in to buds would be the best thing to do.

20 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I'll probably put another 3-4 K miles on and read all the cat hate on here from the 1000 mile club. 3 more years of warranty makes me sleep well anyhow. :snack:

Just passed 5k on my 13 f800 and it's been great. Gotta laugh at the haters. I like my doo as well, and would ride ride an axys if I had one. :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Just passed 5k on my 13 f800 and it's been great. Gotta laugh at the haters. I like my doo as well, and would ride ride an axys if I had one. :lol: 

Some people got lucky with 6.0 powerstrokes as well. :lol:

It's funny how each brand has its own set of issues we can chose to worry/not worry about.

Poo-piston slap and skirts enjoying a tumble in the crank mid ride, spaghetti A-arms, self disassembling steering shaft, weak chassis.

Doo-Crank run-out, hotter engine (lean), weak Chassis.

Cat-Clutching issues on some models.

Put these in order of whatever you like to roll the dice on...THE  SPEND YOUR WAY TO HAPPINESS!!!!!

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's funny how each brand has its own set of issues we can chose to worry/not worry about.

Poo-piston slap and skirts enjoying a tumble in the crank mid ride, spaghetti A-arms, self disassembling steering shaft, weak chassis.

Doo-Crank run-out, hotter engine (lean), weak Chassis.

Cat-Clutching issues on some models.

Put these in order of whatever you like to roll the dice on...THE  SPEND YOUR WAY TO HAPPINESS!!!!!

:lol:

You missed alot of other cat issues.... :news:

8 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Some people got lucky with 6.0 powerstrokes as well. :lol:

Just about everyone in the hood up north rides cats, and they've all been good. Rarely any big issues.

IMG_0547.JPG

17 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Nice. I should crack that by mid January if it's a good season on my 17 800 SP. :bc:

4 minutes ago, 800 Dragon said:

CAT biggest piles in history of sleds lmfao why are they still in business ? Only thing worse is piece of shit mach z 

Id say the fusion 900 fiasco was the worst sled ever.

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I agree.   I'm kind of a doo guy but that didn't stop me from buying a Sidewinder.   I got every brand in my stable.  

I ride a 600, got no issues with it, I've seen some of my buddies going the 600 route as of late, I could definitely understand an 800 in some areas, but Tug Hill you're running 40-70mph 90% of the time

34 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Does it come with a sunmer dress and some tampons 

:lol:   Go big or go home.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Nbd really. What yr is it?

2010.5....early promo ETEC sled. I guess I might start looking at used ECM's or buy a new one and have a tether programmed. Last CDI I bought new was a 99 Mike Houle CDI and it cost quiet a bit

Edited by Skidooski

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I towed my buddies sled out of the woods, sat there trying to get it started for an hour after I unhooked from him..I had spark, fuel, obviously air.. Pushed it in the trailer brought it to work the next day, let it defrost, still would not fire a day later.. called my dealer, he said hold it wide open and start it... FUCKING FIRED RIGHT UP!! 

Sorry to hear that but glad I'm not the only one! Lol I just don't want to be stranded you know. Any idea why yours did that? Some kind of safety limp mode thing?

Just now, Skidooski said:

Sorry to hear that but glad I'm not the only one! Lol I just don't want to be stranded you know. Any idea why yours did that? Some kind of safety limp mode thing?

i would assume a sort of limp mode,I had to tow him a good distance, 10MI with a sba on a rope and a 250lb guy on the back towing with a 600..Alls I did was hold it wide open and it fired up and ran fine the rest of season 

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

i would assume a sort of limp mode,I had to tow him a good distance, 10MI with a sba on a rope and a 250lb guy on the back towing with a 600..Alls I did was hold it wide open and it fired up and ran fine the rest of season 

Hopefully this sled will never do it again but if it does I'll try that. Then when I get it back home I'll part the bitch out and buy a Cat or Pol :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

How many miles were put on the rest of the season? If it went into limp it would throw a code....it would also run with reduced power in limp as well.

2 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

That works for a while...but eventually the ecm will fail...a quick plug in to buds would be the best thing to do.

I brought it into my dealer and they hooked into it...no codes, nothing. :dunno: Just gives me that uneasy feeling knowing if it happened once it can/will again.

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I brought it into my dealer and they hooked into it...no codes, nothing. :dunno: Just gives me that uneasy feeling knowing if it happened once it can/will again.

Ya thats what I figured....some of the early ecms had issues....no codes....just would not run periodically...then run like nothing was wrong.