Nothing Here...

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao::lol: :snack:

Exclusive: FBI tracked 'fake news' believed to be from Russia on Election Day

The seal of the F.B.I. hangs in the Flag Room at the bureau's headquarters in Washington.

Washington (CNN)The FBI monitored social media on Election Day last year in an effort to track a suspected Russian disinformation campaign utilizing "fake news," CNN has learned. 

In the months leading up to Election Day, Twitter and Facebook were the feeding grounds for viral "news" stories floating conspiracies and hoaxes, many aimed at spreading negative false claims about Hillary Clinton.

On Election Day, dozens of agents and analysts huddled at a command center arrayed with large monitoring screens at the FBI headquarters in Washington watching for security threats, according to multiple sources.

That included analysts monitoring cyber threats, after months of mounting Russian intrusions targeting every part of the US political system, from political parties to policy think-tanks to state election systems.

On this day, there was also a group of FBI cyber and counterintelligence analysts and investigators watching social media.

FBI analysts had identified social media user accounts behind stories, some based overseas, and the suspicion was that at least some were part of a Russian disinformation campaign, according to two sources familiar with the investigation.

The FBI declined to comment for this story.

For the FBI, this was uncomfortable territory, given the First Amendment's free speech protections even for fake news stories.

"We were right on the edge of Constitutional legality," a person briefed on the investigation said. "We were monitoring news."

As the hours ticked by on Election Day, teams at the FBI, Homeland Security Department and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence held conference calls every three hours with a team at the Situation Room in the White House to discuss possible problems, according to multiple sources.

Minor issues popped up in far-flung parts of the country, from Alaska to Georgia.

At the end of day, top officials exchanged congratulations for an election day that was completed without disruptions of the vote.

One Obama White House official responded to the messages of congratulations with the opposite view, saying the US government response to the Russian operation was "a failure of imagination." 

"Are you kidding?" that official recalled saying to others at the White House as they celebrated a successful election. "What they did worked!" 

CNN's Marshall Cohen and Zachary Cohen contributed to this report.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/04/politics/election-day-cyber-threat-fbi-monitoring/index.html?adkey=bn

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH

You stupid fucking low iq braindead faggot ass POS

:lmao: You're getting beat like a rented mule over your conspiracies :lol: You're a good dude  - your heart is in the right spot - unfortunately you're simply dumber than shit 👍

Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao: You're getting beat like a rented mule over your conspiracies :lol: You're a good dude  - your heart is in the right spot - unfortunately you're simply dumber than shit 👍

:lol::bc:  Its funner on the internets when we can call each other names all day !!!!!!!!!!11111

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol:

It's over.  SeRena has declared who is winning.  It's another "wire to wire" situation.  Holy shit.  

Image result for punching self in face gif

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol::bc:  Its funner on the internets when we can call each other names all day !!!!!!!!!!11111

:bc: It's fun, eh... :lol: 

Edited by SnowRider

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:bc: It's fun, eh... :lol: 

Why did you leave after the big loss if it was fun for you? :snack:

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Edited by FAT DAVE

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Detective Slinger and IceDouche are pairing up (Poor SeRena...no one want to dance with  the ugly twat), They've got this shit all figeered oot!

Image result for inspector clouseau gif

Says the knob gobbler who rides around on Fat Dave's coattails half the time :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Says the knob gobbler who rides around on Fat Dave's coattails half the time :lol: 

Did YOU just cal me a "knob gobbler"?  This isn't a tranny/gay hook-up website you know.  At least I don't think it is.

And I ride no ones coat tails.  If I agree with someone, then we just agree.  I certainly see how that may be hard for some of you to understand.  We may be short of "intellectually elite" here.

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Detective Slinger and IceDouche are pairing up (Poor SeRena...no one want to dance with  the ugly twat), They've got this shit all figeered oot!

Image result for inspector clouseau gif

Take that Kato! :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Take that Kato! :lol:

My dad took me to see "Return of the pink Panther" (at my moms shagrin) when I was five.  One of my first movies with him.  Of course, I didn't appreciate it til later but it's still just funny as fuck to me.

:bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Did YOU just cal me a "knob gobbler"?  This isn't a tranny/gay hook-up website you know.  At least I don't think it is.

And I ride no ones coat tails.  If I agree with someone, then we just agree.  I certainly see how that may be hard for some of you to understand.  We may be short of "intellectually elite" here.

I didn't think you understood that concept because every time liberals on here agree you claim they're teaming up on you or helping each other out.

"Teaming up on me" :lol:

Can you speak into the secret twattery phone and get them to do that?  That'd be excellent!  I'll clear my schedule in the morning.

I find it amusingly bizarre when they do try to help each other out.  They're about as coordinated as baby giraffes.  That's why I notice they try and stay clear of one another.  Friendly hoove trampling. :lmao: 

To be real honest with you, you should stay clear of them also.  They won't help your reputation a bit, which, seems to be fairly good at the moment.  Sure danger sign of credibility loss:  SeRena posting that you are "owning" people or, otherwise internet "high fiving you".  The rest are just like little ticks, they'll grab on when you are on to something good then drop off when they see something shiny.  Usually it's a CNN article.

IMG_2207.JPG

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"Teaming up on me" :lol:

Can you speak into the secret twattery phone and get them to do that?  That'd be excellent!  I'll clear my schedule in the morning.

I find it amusingly bizarre when they do try to help each other out.  They're about as coordinated as baby giraffes.  That's why I notice they try and stay clear of one another.  Friendly hoove trampling. :lmao: 

To be real honest with you, you should stay clear of them also.  They won't help your reputation a bit, which, seems to be fairly good at the moment.  Sure danger sign of credibility loss:  SeRena posting that you are "owning" people or, otherwise internet "high fiving you".  The rest are just like little ticks, they'll grab on when you are on to something good then drop off when they see something shiny.  Usually it's a CNN article.

IMG_2207.JPG

Do you ever stop stroking your pathetic ego? Damn.

Just now, Wildboer said:

Do you ever stop stroking your pathetic ego? Damn.

NOPE! It gives me a boner when I stroke it. :lol: Now, don't get upset cuz yours isn't as big.  You stroke that little thing pretty well. :lmao:

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

NOPE! It gives me a boner when I stroke it. :lol: Now, don't get upset cuz yours isn't as big.  You stroke that little thing pretty well. :lmao:

I almost feel bad for you. Almost.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I beat mine like a rented mule.:ashamed:

:lol: Lil Momo - still dumber than dirt :lmao: The Clown who licks the sweat beads off more scrotums on the forum than anyone and is the most easily triggered because of his fragile ego tries to act as though he's independent and doesn't care  :lmao::lol::lmao:

Irony Lil Momo style :lmao: