235 a long time ago, most now are 85 to maybe 125 but last year never went once, no snow.

320 miles in 2009 on the vermont border to border ride. Started at 4:30am and finished around 8:30pm. The trails were super twisty/windy, mountainous, and were beat to shit from a hundred plus other guys starting in front of us. It was a cool experience but I don't want any part of it ever again. Most days our group does 100-150 miles which I enjoy more than the big mile days.

• Like 1

That sounds like quite a ride :good:  I don't think they do the border to border ride anymore.

Nope, that was the last year I believe. I've heard it was because of some towns not wanting a couple hundred sleds ripping through at 5 in the morning. But it was probably a nightmare to organize anyway. That might have had something to do with it too.

• Like 1

Pierce rock back to the universal in r.d. Quebec in one day well over 400 miles  then loaded up and drove to Plattsburgh ny large system was moving was on its way and I had to make the plane home.  Never again it was a long 36 hrs

Edited by Rmk

Dozens of 650 mile days over the years....Leave Chicago at 1a.m. Drive all night in the truck to Iron Mt, Mi...That's the first 310 miles... Arrive just at sun up...Drop the truck and trailer in the lot at the Comfort Inn...Head west on trail #2...Then north to the Gogebic Lodge for lunch...Hookup with Trail #8 heading east...To Trail #5 heading south...Back on Trail #2 heading west to Iron Mt....Back in Iron Mt before sunset... Total trail miles are 330-340 mi on that particular loop...Power drink with the locals till closing time......Then start all over again at 7a.m. the next morning.......... 

• Thanks 1

We rode around lake nippissing I one day a few years back. 700 some odd kilometres if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

375 miles on a “96 xcr440sp. I still have an occasional pain in my lower back from that ride. 

Winter 13 Cochrane to Cochrane in February via Abitibi Canyon way too far fucking near died coldest weather February could produce never been back all that way north and didnt even see the jolly old bastard a trip that is etched in my memory forever i think about couple hundred miles plus or so in well below zero temps possibly a thousand miles it would have been epic but some body parts have never recovered.Generally we as a group run 150 to 225 a day when on a tour and  the weather is good.Joe

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

On 2/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, Slow Joe said:

Winter 13 Cochrane to Cochrane in February via Abitibi Canyon way too far fucking near died coldest weather February could produce never been back all that way north and didnt even see the jolly old bastard a trip that is etched in my memory forever i think about couple hundred miles plus or so in well below zero temps possibly a thousand miles it would have been epic but some body parts have never recovered.Generally we as a group run 150 to 225 a day when on a tour and  the weather is good.Joe

Did the loop this year in -30 before windchill.  Warm up shelters are a wonderful thing up there

On 3/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, 04nightfire said:

Did the loop this year in -30 before windchill.  Warm up shelters are a wonderful thing up there

bout a half days ride :bc: 

36 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

bout a half days ride :bc: 

yep.