Sign in to follow this  
1trailmaker

Ottawa Valley Trail

Recommended Posts

The recent announcement of the approval and opening of some sections of the 296-km Ottawa Valley Rail Trail, connecting Smiths Falls to Mattawa Ontario, is exciting news for ATV and snowmobile users as it’s been designated a multi-use trail, meaning it will be available for most trail users, pedestrians, bikes, dog sleds, horses, and best of all, ATVs and snowmobiles. 

Trail in Red, could make the RAP tour even more interesting

OVRT%202.jpg?itok=zWVz0c4F

 

OFSC clubs will also welcome the opening of the OVRT, as rail trails make great connector or "backbone" trails that connect clubs and lead to more challenging forest trails if desired.

 

http://www.northernontario.travel/atving/ottawa-valley-rail-trail-creates-atv-and-snowmoble-route-from-mattawa-to-smith-falls

Edited by 1trailmaker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news. Railway beds make awesome trails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Great news. Railway beds make awesome trails.

It's great news and will make a great link, no doubt, but if all I had to ride on were abandoned railway beds and lakes, I'd give up sledding all together.

I find railway beds boring as I do going back and forth across a lake. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, irv said:

It's great news and will make a great link, no doubt, but if all I had to ride on were abandoned railway beds and lakes, I'd give up sledding all together.

I find railway beds boring as I do going back and forth across a lake. 

Irv it's much more fun if you had a fast machine.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to explore that w/ the Ranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CPR train crossing over Hwy 17 & Bissett Creek:

oct20128.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Irv it's much more fun if you had a fast machine.....

And it wasn,t a heavy old slug, and you got out more than once a year. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when Wrong Again Fail called the RAP tour the WRAP tour :lmao: Fucking imbicile 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 21, 2017 at 0:01 PM, irv said:

It's great news and will make a great link, no doubt, but if all I had to ride on were abandoned railway beds and lakes, I'd give up sledding all together.

I find railway beds boring as I do going back and forth across a lake. 

:true:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-07-22 at 2:52 PM, Momorider said:

Remember when Wrong Again Fail called the RAP tour the WRAP tour :lmao: Fucking imbicile 

I still do :lmao:  Its not like I don't know the difference.

but go ahead and bash someone that helps the sled community, you and others is the reason this site will never add anything of value

- nothing is below you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I still do :lmao:  Its not like I don't know the difference.

but go ahead and bash someone that helps the sled community, you and others is the reason this site will never add anything of value

- nothing is below you

 

And there is no graft, theft or extortion you will not defend as long as a union label is attached , you pathetic parasite 🖕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

And there is no graft, theft or extortion you will not defend as long as a union label is attached , you pathetic parasite 🖕

we were talking bout a new trail try to keep up sleepy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1trailmaker said:

we were talking bout a new trail try to keep up sleepy

 

You talk about being helpful while your entire life's work had been about greed graft and extortion, fuck off 🖕

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

You talk about being helpful while your entire life's work had been about greed graft and extortion, fuck off 🖕

:groin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Thread went sideways.

:lol:

 

always expected

I think Momo and Sleepr related

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, Poncho said:

Irv it's much more fun if you had a fast machine.....

His will do 50km/h, no?!?!?

 

:cop:  :bc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, odot1 said:

His will do 50km/h, no?!?!?

 

:cop:  :bc:

Sure, but it takes 5 mins to get up to that speed with all that inertia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2017 at 7:24 PM, 1trailmaker said:

I still do :lmao:  Its not like I don't know the difference.

but go ahead and bash someone that helps the sled community, you and others is the reason this site will never add anything of value

- nothing is below you

 

Do you even sled?

This site adds lots of value.:slapping:

If you want to know how bad of a job JT or Wynnebag are doing its spot on.

If you want to know what the best spark plugs are to use then . . . . its a hit or miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you even sled?

This site adds lots of value.:slapping:

If you want to know how bad of a job JT or Wynnebag are doing its spot on.

If you want to know what the best spark plugs are to use then . . . . its a hit or miss.

It's been clear for quite sometime that there are few that know much at all about sleds or the sport in here.  Kinda sad.  Sled threads get buried in no time under gobs of liberal whining threads.  Ironically, by some that don't even own sleds!

Hopefully it'll start to swing the other way in a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you even sled?

This site adds lots of value.:slapping:

If you want to know how bad of a job JT or Wynnebag are doing its spot on.

If you want to know what the best spark plugs are to use then . . . . its a hit or miss.

Everyday when the snow is good, how about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2017 at 5:38 PM, Poncho said:

Irv it's much more fun if you had a fast machine.....

I'm good as long as I can tuck in behind a Polaris sled starting off. Once I get up to speed my only fear is getting hit by a piston or two, or lord knows what else? :wind:

2 hours ago, odot1 said:

His will do 50km/h, no?!?!?

 

:cop:  :bc:

Just barely. :cry:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Everyday when the snow is good, how about you?

Hahahahahaha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Everyday when the snow is good, how about you?

Every day huh?

Well I go to it when I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.